Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,589 members, 7,861,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:51 PM

Does Pre-workout Gives You A Pimple? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Pre-workout Gives You A Pimple? (76 Views)

Using Toothpaste On A Pimple Causes Irritation And Not Effective / Best Soap For A Pimple Free Face. / Should You Pop A Pimple? Facts And Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Pre-workout Gives You A Pimple? by scottwilley91: 1:06pm On Apr 02
I've noticed that after taking certain pre-workout supplements, I tend to get pimples or acne breakouts. Frustrated, I decided to do some research and even consulted a dermatologist about this issue.

According to the dermatologist, pre-workouts containing certain ingredients like whey protein, creatine, or artificial sweeteners may trigger acne in some people. These can increase insulin levels and inflammation, leading to breakouts

The derm recommended looking for pre-workouts without whey, creatine, or artificial sweeteners if acne is a concern. Opt for plant-based or vegan formulas with clean ingredients.

Personally, I've had better luck with pre-workouts containing caffeine, beta-alanine, and citrulline malate - these don't seem to trigger breakouts for me. But everyone's skin reacts differently.

If you experience acne after taking pre-workout, don't ignore it. Try switching brands or formulas and see if that helps. And as always, consult a dermatologist at Meta Dermatology for personalized advice if the issue persists.

(1) (Reply)

Cracking The Code: Understanding Repetition Compulsion / Feminine Hygiene 101: Essential Practices For Women's Health / Misconception About Health Insurance In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.