Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle (18573 Views)

UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle / Foreign Students: UK Varsities May Fall Into Deficit, Says Report / Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by YeyeGbami: 8:21am On Apr 03
Lol, when they need money they will open the gates again

3 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Macdeey: 8:45am On Apr 03
Namaster:
They are happy to sack as many workers as possible as long as it means immigrants would leave their country alone.

The UK is currently in panic mode. They are afraid of losing their identity.

Their Prime Minister is Indian. The Mayor of London is Pakistani. Their King is waiting to die and the Royal Family is in shambles.

They don't want immigrants flooding their country anymore. So they'll GLADLY sack anyone that needs to be sacked.
.... We need to employ you as Nigeria minister for Analysis and economic tundramandous 😁😁😁

3 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by dfrost: 8:58am On Apr 03
2Radii:
Omo, this tin wey u talk eehn....

I prefer to be business partner to them

This right here bruv. Create value, bring value... You go still japa but at your own terms. Just bid your time.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by sokera: 9:18am On Apr 03
2Radii:
actually I don't plan to japa again sir....

There is money here bro
exactly there is money in Nigeria, atmost I will just buy 4 big generators(noise and air pollution)do solar system, build mansion with 6 security men in case kidnappers attack my family(na the security men go still kidnapped the family), do like 2 boleholes(environmental damage)and get plenty maid(naija maid in a system that don’t do background check), put the kids in a very nice school( Abi teacher no go sexually abuse them niii) naija wahala sha … let me japa first when the system work well I will return, and in case the system no correct the kids must have another nation passport. Peace

5 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by BarrElChapo(m): 9:24am On Apr 03
Namaster:
They are happy to sack as many workers as possible as long as it means immigrants would leave their country alone.

Their Prime Minister is Indian. The Mayor of London is Pakistani. Their King is waiting to die and the Royal Family is in shambles.

They don't want immigrants flooding their country anymore. So they'll GLADLY sack anyone that needs to be sacked.

How do you guys come up with these wild ideas, lord 🤣

3 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Papayaayasager(m): 9:26am On Apr 03
See watin that Indian man called prime Minister cause
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Calitoscassius(m): 9:53am On Apr 03
sokera:
exactly there is money in Nigeria, atmost I will just buy 4 big generators(noise and air pollution)do solar system, build mansion with 6 security men in case kidnappers attack my family(na the security men go still kidnapped the family), do like 2 boleholes(environmental damage)and get plenty maid(naija maid in a system that don’t do background check), put the kids in a very nice school( Abi teacher no go sexually abuse them niii) naija wahala sha … let me japa first when the system work well I will return, and in case the system no correct the kids must have another nation passport. Peace
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin You are not a partriotic Naigeerian atall. But you are not wrong in your correct description of the hell hole called Naigeeria.

A lot of Naigeerian thinks Japa is a financial thing. Naaa!

2 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Calitoscassius(m): 9:54am On Apr 03
BarrElChapo:

How do you guys come up with these wild ideas, lord 🤣
It is all sheer imaginstions in their heads

Some one sits in his small hut in Naigeeria and came up with these image of the UK in his head and then wrote it out on here as a description of the UK.

5 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Iamzik: 9:58am On Apr 03
adonainana:
So quick,
Not enough students and innocent people to milk dry for tuition.

The same Masters course that is £4000 for citizens that live in the UK, its 4 times the price for international students coming to the country for the first time at almost £18,000

Same way they woke up one day and started looking to Africa for free slaves to build plantation farms and wealth for free.

Imagine having access to free labour.

Sometimes we underestimate how clever Europeans are, whenever they need free labour or cheap labour, they know exactly what to do.
No matter the century we are in.

Someone sold all his land and belongings so he could japa to do care job that BRITISH CITIZENS CAN never ever do in a million years time, the person talk say he is doing it for his kids for a better future .

It is well

They kuku have no choice, the countries the students are coming from failed them.

Houses and properties some previous generations hustled been sold for next to nothing just to fund a masters program

It's a sad tale really.

The most amusing is when they ask you to take an exam to prove you can speak and write in English depite the fact that English is your Lingua Franca and you were taught in English from KG to university 🤣🤣

Back in the day they dragged Africans across the Atlantic in chains but today Africans are willingly paying a huge price to sell themselves into slavery once again.

1 Like

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by MamaletASO: 10:02am On Apr 03
Dem never see anything..

Dem go hear am

Lord lugard nah wash...

Ekue!!!
grin grin

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Iamzik: 10:05am On Apr 03
sokera:

Lol you don't know what's going on🤣🤣
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by zed7: 10:09am On Apr 03
The UK is a shit hole. For those who are japa enthusiasts, try other European countries.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Edugist360: 10:22am On Apr 03
The repercussion of their immigration policy at play.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by bibiking7(m): 10:33am On Apr 03

I have seen people come of with all sorts of funny analysis about life abroad.
Someone just said that Brisish citizens will never do care job and the person said it with confidence in capital letters. cheesy so all the care workers abroad are brought in from other countries. Amazing. cheesy

What the UK is facing is a population problem. They don't have enough infrastructure to cater for the population migrants coming in. Many staffs and workers left with brexit. They needed to fill those spaces. So they let migrants in but did not fathom that the migrants will bring families that will strain their available accommodation, hospitals and other stuff..

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by 2Radii: 10:38am On Apr 03
sokera:
Well bro..I am not saying u re lying sir, at my age now I am not planing to go for any nonsense program just to infiltrate again which might take years for me to accrue. My main motive now is to make money bro...money money money..

I am into agri business, (cocoa)
I have registered my company (limited liability company)
As times goes on and as God would have it I will go for conference in outside of the country, make partner and secure a business partner so that I can be an exporter....
If I need loan I will go to bank of industry....
Apart from that, I want to built a SaaS for another side hustle and I am on it now(tho on planning stage)

It won't take me decade to do this and I can bet it that my children will pray for me when they grow old and realised I have secure a landing for them..

2 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by 2Radii: 10:41am On Apr 03
dfrost:

This right here bruv. Create value, bring value... You go still japa but at your own terms. Just bid your time.
Yes bro...this are the plans that I have already started..

Well bro..I am not saying u re lying sir, at my age now I am not planing to go for any nonsense program just to infiltrate again which might take years for me to accrue. My main motive now is to make money bro...money money money..

I am into agri business, (cocoa)
I have registered my company (limited liability company)
As times goes on and as God would have it I will go for conference in outside of the country, make partner and secure a business partner so that I can be an exporter....
If I need loan I will go to bank of industry....
Apart from that, I want to built a SaaS for another side hustle and I am on it now(tho on planning stage)

It won't take me decade to do this and I can bet it that my children will pray for me when they grow old and realised I have secure a landing for them..
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Goldbw122(m): 10:42am On Apr 03
When it is not your home land it is not your home land..
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by fabolouz1(m): 10:43am On Apr 03
Serve them well.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by BuyMeBanger: 10:43am On Apr 03
Namaster:

Their Prime Minister is Indian. The Mayor of London is Pakistani.

Don't forget their current First Minister of Scotland is Pakistani and less than two years ago their 'Chancellor' Kwasi Kwarteng being of full Ghanaian decent, lol the indigene must be pissed. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by huptin(m): 10:52am On Apr 03
sokera:

Nigeria is not as bad as you painted it...apart from generator, if you spend N4Mn on Solar, you will be alright. Stay in a gated well secured estate, you will be fine, how many people have been kidnapped in Lagos? Up to 10? Abroad has his challenges too, you can be killed for no reason, just a serial killer or a deranged kid with access to gun using you to practice.

If you are middle class and you stay in a good neighbourhood in Lagos for instance, you will live fine and enjoy yourself , good climate,great social culture, friendly people, relatively low cost of living and above all your self confidence will be top notch. Nigeria is good to those who understand it.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Judolisco(m): 11:00am On Apr 03
Asonaijaaso:
UK was making a killing with Nigerian students.
Nigerians now think schooling in the UK is a big deal.
They dont give Nigerians the lucrative jobs, even if you excel in the UK studies.
But they will take your pounds sterling though.

Shy away from useless masters in the UK , you will never use !
I see Nigerians bragging about having 2 masters.
I know people with masters in Oil and Gas, serving as care workers and aides on low salaries.
This is after spending 10's of thousands of pounds acquiring an irrelevant masters.
same thing my brilliant friend told me.... I almost cried last year... U wey suppose dey repair plane dey work as care worker.... Na naija cause am sha

2 Likes

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Judolisco(m): 11:03am On Apr 03
adonainana:
So quick,

The same Masters course that is £4000 for citizens that live in the UK, its 4 times the price for international students coming to the country for the first time at almost £18,000

Same way they woke up one day and started looking to Africa for free slaves to build plantation farms and wealth for free.

Sometimes we underestimate how clever Europeans are, whenever they need free labour or cheap labour, they know exactly what to do.

Someone sold all his land and belongings so he could japa to do care job that BRITISH CITIZENS CAN never ever do in a million years time, the person talk say he is doing it for his kids for a better future .

It is well

They kuku have no choice, the countries the students are coming from failed them.

Houses and properties some previous generations hustled been sold for next to nothing just to fund a masters program

tuition almost 26k when they offered me admission... I was like if I have dis money, I won't even think of relocating... And you'll see people justifying dis mass exodus....

1 Like

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by smasher1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 03
adonainana:
So quick,

It is well

You said it all. It's voluntary slavery.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by frog12: 1:02pm On Apr 03
it's normal to wait a month to see a dentist in many places. you guys are over-exaggerating.

SmartPolician:

I don't think it's an identity issue because the PM is personally punishing for strict immigration laws. A country that worries about its identity won't give migrants the rights to be citizens. In the Middle East, for instance, many countries don't make visitors and their children their citizens, no matter what they contribute to their growth.

I think the issue of the UK is the fear of facing the challenges that come with overpopulation. We often consider how much foreigners take to the UK, but we don't know that their dependents overwhelm the UK system.

Imagine a Nairaland thread of someone in the UK saying that he had to wait for one month to see a dentist; that's crazy. Just imagine London being as overcrowded as Lagos. No first-world country will let that happen.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Inosky(m): 1:02pm On Apr 03
There problem. Down here in Naija, the problems are numerous and shitty
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Cmeo(m): 2:20pm On Apr 03
Nigerians has always been the source of survival
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Krankhead: 2:31pm On Apr 03
Stop spreading fake need. UK varsity are not Nigerians varsity that will just wake up one day and start laying off staff

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by finallybusy: 3:03pm On Apr 03
Good. Their workers were overfed and overpaid anyway.

1 Like

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by finallybusy: 3:04pm On Apr 03
Krankhead:
Stop spreading fake need. UK varsity are not Nigerians varsity that will just wake up one day and start laying off staff
Welcome to Nairaland.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by IAmHim1: 3:48pm On Apr 03
My bro science analysis to your post Sir since your post just gave me a mind blowing epiphany

Here it goes:

Whenwver the UK needs cheap laborers ,it removes the strict restrictions it placed on countries that are developing and under-developed.

why countries that are developing/under-developed you might ask

Because the citizens of these countries would feel climbing on the frying pan is better than staying on the fire

so when there are menial jobs that are available in their country and their citizens are not willing to work, they invite foreigners from under developed countries BECAUSE less people willing to work means you gotta raise wages to get people to work which means the raised wages is then added to.the production cost meaning cost goods meaning inflation rises

so these countries seeking to avoid inflation look for cheap labour from developing or underdeveloped countries and since the slave trade has been abolished, they would want to introduce corporate slavery in another way

so i feel its a calculated move in a way. and i could be wrong

i could just be a pesssimist but then again, i might be right

adonainana:
So quick,

It is well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Exceed15: 4:11pm On Apr 03
If you want to JAPA.. UK no longer attractive. Those guys there are struggling too.
Re: UK Varsities To Layoff Workers, As Enrolment By Nigerians, Others Dwindle by Raph82(m): 4:25pm On Apr 03
UK has always been a no no for me, not even now that an indian is the prime minister. I hate indians for who they are.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Situation In Your School On Resumption? / Cowbell Mathematics Competition Past Questions And Answers / 10 Important Things You Must Learn How To Do Before Graduating From University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.