Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Home Alone (A Horror Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Home Alone (A Horror Story) (155 Views)

Home Alone With Steamy Cousins / Ikenna Igwe Shares Horror Experiences In A Face-me-i-face-you Building / Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Home Alone (A Horror Story) by 1du547(m): 7:25am On Apr 03
It was late in the night, around 1:00 AM, and I was tossing about on the bed, from left to right in my sky blue mini nightgown. My husband was supposed to be back that very night, we planned on celebrating our anniversary the next day but he called earlier to tell me his flight had been canceled.

Maybe I couldn't sleep because of how deeply I missed him. I hadn't been without him for a month since our four years of being married. Or maybe, I couldn't sleep because of the noise persistently echoing from the sitting room, downstairs.

"I thought I turned off the TV?" I said as if chiding myself as I sluggishly got out of the bed.

Finally, I got to the sitting room and I turned out to be right - the Television was inactive just as I hinted I did earlier.

What then was I hearing? I turned on the lights in the sitting room and that was when I noticed there were footprints made with wine on the dining table.

Yeah, I had some wine that evening but I for sure didn't walk on the table with wine on my feet.

Slowly but steadily, I got closer to the table. The liquid was thicker than I thought, it wasn't wine, it was blood.

"What!" I screamed! My heart almost jumped out of my mouth. I stood stunned for a while with my knees knocking against each other. Fear and anxiety took a hold completely over me.

"Stacy! Stacy!"

I called out to my chef twice before I remembered that she was on leave. I gave her the week off. After all, she was only around to handle affairs of the house that I wasn't disposed to handle. Now that my husband was out on a business trip, I almost didn't need her. Prior to my husband's scheduled return, I asked her to enjoy the week doing whatever she wants and to return the following day, the beginning of a new week, which my husband was initially scheduled to be back home by then.

I felt it was some kind of bad dream. I watched a lot of scary, horrifying movies and even my husband warned me against it. I pinched myself:

"Ouch!" It wasn't a dream.

I tried to get out of the mansion. I didn't know what had happened, or whose blood it was on the table. It was just I and the gateman in the mansion.

"Yes! The gateman!" I needed to get to him but as I got closer to the door, I saw a figure in a very thick black garment approaching the door at the same pace as I was, very quickly.

I pivoted as the figure struggled to gain entry into the house. To make things difficult for the yet unidentified figure, I decided to add the bolt to the lock.

I got to the door and I could not see anyone, it was as if it vanished. Abruptly, I felt a cool breeze grease my skin - the windows were opened. No way, I didn't leave the windows unlocked. Immediately, the lights began to fluctuate, going off and coming on.

At one point, the lights stood still and whatever was terrifying me was standing right in front of me....

NB: I'm a ghostwriter who ghost-write's novels, screenplays/scripts, poems, etc. If you are interested in learning the craft of ghostwriting, I can also serve as your tutor.

If you are interested in any of the services I offer you can message me on my WhatsApp line:

+2347062017429

(1) (Reply)

Hannatu Musa Musawa Biography, Early Life, Career And Personal Life / The Sluggish Girl / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.