Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Toyota Corolla Is Jerking When I Engage Gear And When Gear Moves From 1 To 2 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Is Jerking When I Engage Gear And When Gear Moves From 1 To 2 (245 Views)

Honda Accord DC Is Jerking On 3000rpm / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel / My Mazda Tribute Is Jerking While Driving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla Is Jerking When I Engage Gear And When Gear Moves From 1 To 2 by Atolani11: 10:15am On Apr 03
Good morning.
So my Toyota corolla 2006 is jerking when u put the gear in drive. Also when i am accelerating...as it changes from gear 1 to 2, you ll feel the jerk(a kind of forward push).
I have heard the issue with my matrix before,and it was the gear mount that got broken,it was changed and the jerking stopped.
But now, the mechanic checked all the engine seat and gear mount and they are intact.
Transmission fluid is well gauged and pink.
Injector, fuel filter and plugs are fine.

However, we noticed that the bottom plate of the gear has hit ground before and slightly pressed inward.
The mechanic plan to open it and straightened it out, he said the gear might be forcefully drawing oil because of that.
He also said there's a worn up 'cup' beside the gear which he has packed.(that However didn't resolve the issue)
The jerk is just a bit exergerrated beyond the normal gear engagement you ll normally notice when you engage the gear.
From my previous experience....it shows thesame way it does with my matrix untill i changed the gear mount.
I was suprise this corolla isn't gear mount issue.

Please any plausible suggestions 🙏
Re: Toyota Corolla Is Jerking When I Engage Gear And When Gear Moves From 1 To 2 by ipobcannibals: 4:09pm On Apr 03
Have you scanned the car to see if any code relating to transmission issues will pop up?

Did you ever change the transmission fluid and if you did, was it changed with original Toyota Type IV transmission fluid?

I’ll advise you scan the car first before doing any trial and error with a Kazeem

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Corolla 2015 / Are You Travelling During COVID-19? / Corps Marshal Expresses Concerns Over Speed Related Crashes, Orders For Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.