Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

"Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" (235 Views)

Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave / Deport Nigerians - South African Twitter Users Call For Mass Deportation / Disabled Nigerian Immigrant Faces Deportation After 34 Years In US. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by Xfemt(m): 5:15pm On Apr 03
Dear Nairalanders,

I need your help with a situation that's been troubling me. Back in 2022, I started a betting business in a building after making renovations that cost me over 1.7 million Naira. Before starting, I informed the family who owned the building, and they gave me permission to proceed. I provided them with receipts for all the expenses, including cement, iron rods, electrical materials, and PVCs.

The family provided me with rent receipts and an agreement stating that I could rent the building from 2022 to 2028 in exchange for the renovations I made. We even had a ceremony where we broke kola nuts, poured hot drinks, and they prayed for my business to prosper.

In 2023, I traveled to the USA, leaving my brother in charge of the business. However, the business didn't do well, and the store was empty. Before leaving, I rented the store to another person, but their business also failed, and they moved out.

Recently, my brother informed me that a man claiming to be part of the family that owns the building is harassing him, saying we have no right to use the building. Despite explaining the situation and showing him the documents, he insists we leave.

He threatened to report me to the American embassy and have me deported if I don't leave. I'm worried that this could affect my chances in America, even though I've done nothing wrong. I've never committed a crime, and I don't understand why someone would try to ruin my life.

I've sought legal advice, and legal action is being taken, but I'm still afraid of what might happen. Should I leave the building to avoid trouble, or should I stand my ground? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by sholatech(m): 5:18pm On Apr 03
First, he gave you an empty threat. No one, I repeat, no one can report you to the American Embassy for doing legitimate business. Except he has a proof you undertake an illegal activity which be can squeal to enforcement agencies

1 Like

Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by Xfemt(m): 5:25pm On Apr 03
sholatech:
First, he gave you an empty threat. No one, I repeat, no one can report you to the American Embassy for doing legitimate business. Except he has a proof you undertake an illegal activity which be can squeal to enforcement agencies
bro the I’ve never done any illegal thing in my life

Even this america I de
I pass through the right process
From paying visa fee
Going for interview and passing
Nothing of illegality

1 Like

Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by ednut1(m): 5:30pm On Apr 03
Xfemt:
bro the I’ve never done any illegal thing in my life

Even this america I de
I pass through the right process
From paying visa fee
Going for interview and passing
Nothing of illegality
did you overstay your visa in the usa🤔. Since businesses on the land is not profitable. Best you leave.
Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by Xfemt(m): 5:34pm On Apr 03
ednut1:
did you overstay your visa in the usa🤔. Since businesses on the land is not profitable. Best you leave.
lol

I came with a k1 visa
I’m married legally
And I’ve filed for my AOS and EAD which I’m waiting for approval

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by ednut1(m): 5:47pm On Apr 03
Xfemt:
lol

I came with a k1 visa
I’m married legally
And I’ve filed for my AOS and EAD which I’m waiting for approval
so no reason to be scared of him reporting to embassy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by Gift96: 6:01pm On Apr 03
sholatech:

Don't say that shocked maybe no one has made it out Nigeria in his family. Some people live their lives as if they are designed to bring other people down at all cost...
Their's is not to help you elevate rather they want to see you crumb. It's as if their whole being is centered on that.

So far you have your families here in 9ja, send emissaries to him and the family you made the agreement with (I hope it's a written agreement). If that doesn't work, make sure you are the first person to initiate a a lawsuit.
Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by Gerrard59(m): 6:41am On Apr 04
Xfemt:
Dear Nairalanders,

In 2023, I traveled to the USA, leaving my brother in charge of the business. However, the business didn't do well, and the store was empty. Before leaving, I rented the store to another person, but their business also failed, and they moved out.

I've sought legal advice, and legal action is being taken, but I'm still afraid of what might happen. Should I leave the building to avoid trouble, or should I stand my ground? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Pardon my curiosity, what kind of businesses were those?

1 Like

Re: "Property Dispute Dilemma: Facing Threats Of Deportation Abroad" by Xfemt(m): 10:06am On Apr 04
Gerrard59:

Pardon my curiosity, what kind of businesses were those?
a betting business

(1) (Reply)

Don’t Allow Herdsmen Graze Freely In Your Domain, Ortom Urges Benue Monarchs / Easter: FRSC Records 25% Reduction In Crashes / Google’s New Centralised Approach To Travel, Google Trips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.