Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC (15153 Views)

NNPC To Supply 300,000 Barrels Of Crude To Dangote Refinery / Navy Hands Over Two Vessels Carrying Crude Oil To EFCC / Oil Bunkering ; Nigerian Navy Hands Over Vessel And Nine Suspects To EFCC - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:52pm On Apr 03
Operatives of the Nigerian Navy’s Forward Operating Base (FOB) at Ibaka in Mbo Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have intercepted a vessel laden with 30,000 litres of crude oil and arrested the eight suspects, who were handed over to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for further investigation and prosecution.

The Commanding Officer (CO) in – charge of the FOB, Ibaka, Capt. Uche Aneke, disclosed this while handing over the vessel, the suspects and other exhibits to the anti – graft agency’s officials at the Base on Wednesday.

He recalled that the vessel, suspects and the products suspected to be crude oil were seized since February 23, 2024, at about 3:55pm.

“The current global market price of 30,000 litres of crude oil is about N3 billion equivalent,” Aneke noted.

According to him, the vessel was arrested by NNS Ekulu, through the collaborative efforts of ExxonMobil that supported with necessary intelligence and the Cameroonian Navy, that also supported the interception when the vessel tried to escape by crossing International waters through Nigeria’s border with Cameroon.

“As at the time of arrest, the vessel had a total of 8 crew members (all Nigerians). The vessel was discovered to have four Geepee tanks loaded with products suspected to be crude oil and in various compartments,”
Aneke stressed.

He, therefore, warned individuals or groups interested in planning to carry out any form of criminality within the Nigerian waters or smuggling illegal consignments into or out of Nigeria, to desist forthwith.

He said: “We are committed towards detecting every criminal move around our operational area using advanced surveillance equipment and intelligence.

“Under the current leadership of Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), Vice Admiral Emmanuel Ogalla, we will ensure that, it is impossible for maritime crime to continue in the maritime and coastal areas of Akwa Ibom.

“Such Criminals will be apprehended and duly prosecuted. Nigeria’s water and coastal areas are not for illegal activities.”

Receiving the vessel, suspects and exhibits, EFCC’s Assistant Superintendent, Mr Terseer Polycarp, promised that the anti-graft agency will carry out further interrogation into the matter.

https://leadership.ng/navy-hands-8-suspects-with-n3bn-worth-of-stolen-crude-to-efcc/

5 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Energist: 7:55pm On Apr 03
If oil theft will be reduced by 80% from current levels, dollar rate will fall. However, there are too many interests in the business. You see that attribute called patriotism - majority of Nigerians lack it. We jump on every opportunity to steal. It's no surprise that we have been rolling in a non-expanding circle for many decades. The problem of Nigeria is Nigeriansm. If me, you, & them decide to turn over a new leaf, our quality of life will improve.
By the way, make wuna help me celebrate FTC. It's not easy to be here. It takes grit, consistency and dedication to achieve this feat. Lol. Happy Iftar

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Kharol1234: 7:55pm On Apr 03
Case closed
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Hezzyluv: 7:56pm On Apr 03
The level of crude oil theft in this country is alarming. shocked

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by fuckJones(f): 7:56pm On Apr 03
Kill the unlucky Messenger of the gods, kill them all

16 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by id4sho(m): 7:56pm On Apr 03
Our mumu to much sha tongue
Which kind lamba be dis

30,000 liters
1 barrel= 42 US gallons, approximately 159 liters, or 35 imperial gallons

30,000/159= 188 barrels

Bonny light crude oil price today $91.37

188×91.37= $17,240

Naira to Dollar= 1,250

$17,240×#1250= #21,549,528

3 billion naira equal to 21.5 million naira

Their father, white lies

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Yankee101: 7:56pm On Apr 03
Let’s pray the crude doesn’t disappear like it did when Bawa was in charge of port harcourt office

4 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Cajal(m): 7:57pm On Apr 03
High level crime
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by pejuakinab: 7:57pm On Apr 03
Kill them all and fish out their sponsors
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Crafteck1: 7:57pm On Apr 03
Oya release and repaint vessel
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:58pm On Apr 03
Hmm
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Waterlilly: 8:00pm On Apr 03
dem nor settle
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by IrepChrist: 8:00pm On Apr 03
Nigeria will progress if the common wealth of the nation is not stolen by few.

Jesus loves you.

1 Like

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by SK1SOLA: 8:00pm On Apr 03
New sheriff is in town...no more business as usual

6 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by oluwaseyi0: 8:01pm On Apr 03
This is the very last you will hear of them, their sponsors or the crude oil

3 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Winning123: 8:02pm On Apr 03
Crafteck1:
Oya release and repaint vessel

Common sense is indeed not common!

1 Like

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Zxcvbnmghtr: 8:04pm On Apr 03
The kind of corruption in this Nigeria ehn. I experienced something today. You see, all of my car tyres are brand new, hence I don't have problems with any for months. I have this vulcanizer who have not touched my tyres for a very long time until today. I had a flat tyre, and so I called the vulcanizer. He sent one of his apprentice instead, a very young boy of around 12 years old. So, when he finished I gave him to give his oga's fee of #1,000 plus a bonus of another #1,000 to his oga, because it's been so long since he touched my tyres then I gave the boy #200 dash. Guess what he gave his boss?! #500. While he kept the rest. I got to know because I asked his boss. grin

24 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by concho(m): 8:04pm On Apr 03
Negotiation gone wrong . Both parties refused to adjust

Over to EFCC
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by ogolemati: 8:04pm On Apr 03
grin grin grin grin grin grin nawa .well anytime Nigeria government stop stealing.it will reflect in the life of it's citizens.till then cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Kingzmate(m): 8:05pm On Apr 03
,IF YOU GET PROBLEM, CALL GOD OO shocked
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Risingblue008(m): 8:10pm On Apr 03
Oil for akwa ibom na him northerners say na dier own
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by okeke6969: 8:15pm On Apr 03
If 33,000ltrs =3billion naira as at crude price rate today, then this means that our government is not telling the truth about the Nigeria crude oil revenue all this while.

3 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by ignis: 8:19pm On Apr 03
Their sponsors should be apprehended.
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Gidah: 8:23pm On Apr 03
33,000 litre can't be 3 billion ,most of those tankers that delivers to filling Station carry 30,000 to 45,000 litre .Are they worth 3billion??

3 Likes

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Chicagograduate(m): 8:24pm On Apr 03
Hypocrite.Last year this same navy marked one year without a crude oil theft.Meanwhile,the force was secretly conniving with foreign vessels to siphon crude oil until their bubble was busted when a vessel was caught with a stolen crude oil in guinea Bissau water ways.Up till now we didn't hear about the case.
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Chicagograduate(m): 8:25pm On Apr 03
Gidah:
33,000 litre can't be 3 billion ,most of those tankers that delivers to filling Station carry 30,000 to 45,000 litre .Are they worth 3billion??
You dey mind them

1 Like

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by RickyJesus: 8:26pm On Apr 03
Hezzyluv:
The level of crude oil theft in this country is alarming. shocked
Why can't they recruit more personnel and pay half of that amount for years to safeguard our resources, clearly there many been stolen that are undetected.

Unfortunately, I don't think this country is really willing and ready to fight the vices preventing the progress of the country.
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Djele: 8:28pm On Apr 03
And the clueless government keep importing crude oil from abroad
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by phemmie06(m): 8:31pm On Apr 03
Chai.... 30000 liters of crude oil worth 3 billion which means 10000 worth 1 billion, ...... I see why president always wanted to be minister of petroleum

1 Like

Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by Owon: 8:32pm On Apr 03
Good
Re: Navy Hands 8 Suspects With N3 Billion Worth Of Stolen Crude To EFCC by westlius(m): 8:33pm On Apr 03
Zxcvbnmghtr:
The kind of corruption in this Nigeria ehn. I experienced something today. You see, all of my car tyres are brand new, hence I don't have problems with any for months. I have this vulcanizer who have not touched my tyres for a very long time but today. I had a flat tire, and so I called the vulcanizer. He sent one of his apprentice instead, a very young boy of around 12 years old. So, when he finished I gave him to give his oga's fee of #1,000 plus a bonus of another #1,000 to his oga, because it's been so long since he touched my tyres then I gave the boy #200 dash. Guess what he gave his boss?! #500. While he kept the rest. I got to know because I asked his boss. grin

Hahaha your talk make me dey laf
U see this life, we are greedy.
Y not give ur oga 1k and hold 1k
Say d costomer dashed him for lunch/dinner

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Donald Trump Endorses Biafran Independence. / Soldiers In Delta Arrest Ex-militant Leader, Others Ahead Of Osinbajo’s Visit / Nigerian Officials Snub Us-led Anti-corruption Groups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.