Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Anglican Knighthood Society Is Not A Jamboree Says Anglican Clergy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anglican Knighthood Society Is Not A Jamboree Says Anglican Clergy (66 Views)

Stephen Oni: Buhari Should Not Contest 2019 Election - Says Anglican Bishop / For All Anglican Clergy And Church Members. / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anglican Knighthood Society Is Not A Jamboree Says Anglican Clergy by okeychris(m): 8:53pm On Apr 03
An Anglican Communion clergy, in Awka Diocese, Venerable Chamberlin Ofornakara,said that knighthood ceremony is not a jamboree.

Ofornakara,Vicar in charge of St Peter’s Agulu, Anaocha Local Government Area of Anambra said during a prayer of celebration of a newly knighted couple.

He commended the knighted couple, Mr Chukwudi Nkwoji and Mrs Rita Nkwoji on Wednesday in their country home in Enugwu-Ukwu community, Njikoka Local Government Area of Anambra.

He enjoined the couple, to ensure they maintain their oath of allegiance during their induction into the knight of St Paul on April 2.

Ofornakara encouraged the relatives and friends who has gathered to celebrate with the couple to encourage them to serve as they have indicated

He said that 2024 knighthood investure of Awka Doicese marked the 10th of such event since inception in 1996.

Ofornakara disclosed that the Doicese now have a total of 703 Anglican faithful inducted in the knighthood of the diocese those transfered to otherDiocese or dead ,inclusive ” he said.

Ofornakara said that knighted members are soldiers of Christ commissioned to fight for the church against social ills .

"knighthood celebration is not a child’s play in the Anglican communion because as soldiers of Christ a sword is given to them to fight against cultural practices against the church.

"Knight are empowered to work for the church as ordained soldiers of Christ, this assignment is backed by the Holy Bible, in Ephesians 6 verse 10 to 20.

Earlier , Nkwoji , the newly inducted knight member said that serving God in capacity as knight will increase his commitment in God's vineyard.

He said that he never knew that the little service he offers to God will bring him out to be a knight of the church.

" I was selected by my Vicar at St Monica Church Enugwu-Ukwu,Revd Chibuzo Chinyeaka.

“I learnt service in God’s house from my father,and I am happy for the priest's selection which gave me awake call to step into my father's shoe.
" As a knight of St Paul, I recognise the enormous assignments awaiting me and I pray God's special grace to sustain me," he said.

A family close friend Evangelist Onyeka Eze, said that a knight is a spirit soldier and a defender of the faith.

He said that Nkwoji has been ordained to defend the teaching of Christ in the world for the believers to be steadfast in affairs of God.

Eze advised the newly knighted to live in line with the assignment given to them and be committed and fearless in fighting against societal ills that affects the church and the voice of the voiceless.

Chief Uzoma Odumodu, a close friend to Nkwoji said it is a delightful thing to serve in the house of God.
He said that best place to do philantropic gesture is in the house of God as so much acts rewards immensely.

"I have been a knight since 2020, fighting the good fight of faith, enlightening people on benefits to be a frontline Soldier of Christ.

" I have encouraged Nkwoji for long to join the team and have a sense of direction in serving humanity and propagation of God's kingdom.

Mrs Ojiugo Okonkwo, President,Enugwu-Ukwu Ugosimba Sisters Association urged the newly inducted soldier of Christ to put on the whole armour of God to achieve huge success in the assignment.

She congratulated and advised Chioma who is a member of Enugwu-Ukwu Ugosimba Sisters Association to alway support her husband.

Okonkwo encouraged Chioma to stand firm in God's command and carry out the functions St Paul is known for.

Mrs Ngozi Mbachi, the secretary of the association urged the newly inducted knight member to be a shining example.

Mbachi appealed to the new knight as member of St Paul to bold,fearless and focused in fighting the good fight of faith.

In her response she assured that she will not relent in giving maximum support to her husband because she have seen the benefits of serving and fighting for the church of God.

" We have so much to be done in the church to make lives much better for faithful so that the gospel will go unhindered.

" it pays a million to serve God," she said.

The Archbishop of the province Niger, and Bishop of Awka,Most Revd Alexander Ibezim had inducted 61 persons on its 10th knighthood investure on April 2, while 61 Anglican faithful were inducted into the knighthood of St Paul, (KSP) St. Christopher(KSC) and Order of Ladies of Bethany (OLB)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Prophetic Blessings (episode 294)1jn.4:4 -SOLUTION ENCOUNTERS / What To Look For In A Christian Husband / Does ORUNMILA The Father Of IFA Goes To School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.