Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,741 members, 7,840,872 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Get Out Of Debt And Stay Out Of Debt! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Get Out Of Debt And Stay Out Of Debt! (87 Views)

Are You In Debt and you need a way out? / Enenche: We Built The Glory Dome Debt Free, How We Built Dunamis Headquarters / How To Find A Local Church And Stay Committed There (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Get Out Of Debt And Stay Out Of Debt! by Btruth: 7:02am On Apr 04
Get out of debt and stay out of debt!

Thu, 4 Apr 2024

‘The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.’ Proverbs 22:7

It’s not by accident that these two Scriptures are back-to-back: ‘Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. The rich rules over the poor, And the borrower is servant to the lender.’ (Proverbs 22:6-7 NKJV). Your child’s college university education, an affordable home, and a reliable car are okay to borrow money for. Otherwise, unless you can pay for something – learn to wait!

Jesus said, ‘… “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.”’ (Luke 9:23 NIV). We’re not very good at denying ourselves the things we want. But unless you want your kids to inherit your debt, end up getting into debt themselves, and pass the principle of instant gratification on to their children, break the cycle now. Get out of debt and stay out of debt!

Pray: ‘Lord, I’m through making excuses. I repent and take responsibility for the mess I’m in. I gave in to my impulses, overspent, and ignored Your principles of good stewardship. Give me the courage to face my debts and take an honest look at where I stand. Don’t let me live in denial. You warned us not to be ignorant of Satan’s tactics (see 2 Corinthians 2:11). He is attempting to keep me in financial bondage, and, as a result, I am unable to respond when it’s time to sow and finance Your work. Direct me to a trustworthy source that can help me develop a debt-eliminating strategy. Help me to stop having to make additional interest charges. Deliver me from emotional spending. Please, help me to get out of debt. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.’

1 Like

Re: Get Out Of Debt And Stay Out Of Debt! by Odin13: 7:32am On Apr 04
Amen!

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Having Bad Thoughts / Dunamis Mararaba Central Church Administered Welfare Items To Multiple / The Fruit Of The Spirit = Joy (Gal. 5:22-23)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.