Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

The Band A Challenge - JOIN NOW - Electricity Price Hike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Band A Challenge - JOIN NOW - Electricity Price Hike (230 Views)

FG Approves Downward Review Of Tariff For Band A Electricity Consumers / New Band A Tariff: NERC Orders Automatic Downgrade After 7 Days Non-Performance / TUC, 79 Others Plan Protestss Strike Over Fuel, Electricity Price Hikes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Band A Challenge - JOIN NOW - Electricity Price Hike by damseremie(m): 9:51am On Apr 04
#BandAChallenge
Forget about how insensitive and draconian the increase is and all the fake talk about it affecting just 15% of consumers. CLEAR LIES! or lack of knowledge of the real situation
NO ONE gets 20 hours of Electricity consistently #Electricity
For example, almost all of Abuja including the suburban/outskirt areas like Dawaki,Dutse and Lugbe are listed as Band A despite having terrible electricity, especially in the past few weeks.

If you are listed as Band A ( You can find out by sending a DM with your Meter Number to your DISCO on Twitter)
Abuja EDC - @aedcelectricity

========================

Benin EDC - @BEDCpower

========================

Eko EDC - @EKEDP

========================

Enugu EDC - @enugudisco

========================

Ibadan EDC - @IBEDC_NG

========================

Ikeja EDC - @IkejaElectric

========================

Jos EDC - @josdisco

========================

Kaduna EDC - @Kadunaelectric

========================

Kano EDC - @kedcoplc

========================

Port Harcourt EDC - @OfficialPHED

========================

Yola EDC - @YedcPlc

Then Keep a detailed record of how many hours of electricity you get daily for 3 days straight.
Post daily on Twitter
Tag your disco and [b]@NERCNG
#Electricity
Add the Hashtags #Electricity and #BandAChallenge

You can use the Format
"-4th April 2024
-Zone 7 Dutse Abuja
-Total Electricity - 12 hours 23 minutes
#BandAChallenge"

Since they claim only people getting 20 hours of Electricity daily are the ones who will pay the higher rates, Let us see the 20 hours... Else this is simply Government-endorsed Yahoo-Yahoo.

P/S- Just look at the Speed they used to implement the increase. the announcement had barely been made and they were done. I this one they would be very efficient.
Have a fault first and watch them take 5 days to even get to your house #BandAChallenge

3 Likes

Re: The Band A Challenge - JOIN NOW - Electricity Price Hike by damseremie(m): 10:00am On Apr 04
@Moderators
Please if possible move this to the Front Page.
These people are hoping we make a ton of noise, then adapt and roll over as usual angry angry angry
Hopefully, we can at least do something and make our voices heard.

P/S
Even if you aren't Band A yet, Trust me, they are coming for you next!
They are testing the waters with this before implementing everywhere
Re: The Band A Challenge - JOIN NOW - Electricity Price Hike by damseremie(m): 9:54pm On Apr 05
#BandAChallenge
*For 4th April 2024*
Okada Junction, Zone 7, Dutse, Abuja
Didn't sleep with Power it was restored by about 4:12 AM, stayed till 2 PM, went, and didn't return till 8:02 am today ( 5th Apr).
Total Electricity 4 am-2 pm -8 hrs
Re: The Band A Challenge - JOIN NOW - Electricity Price Hike by Sheuns(m): 6:33am On Apr 06
These guys are liars. I bought 10k worth of power some days ago and I got just about 92.3kW. That’s about 108.3 Naira per kW. Before I used to get about 110 - 120 per 10k naira worth of power. If we do the maths both are above 66 naira/kW.

I wonder where they sell at 66 Naira/kW to consumers.

I barely get 4 hrs of power in a day nowadays. There’s been no power since yesterday. Over 24 hrs now.
Re: The Band A Challenge - JOIN NOW - Electricity Price Hike by helinues: 6:35am On Apr 06
The grouping of that Band na scam. Majority of those in Band A are not even using up to the electricity rate they are being charged.

If areas are grouped accordingly, the new tariff shouldn't make much difference

(1) (Reply)

Does The Minster Of Works Have A Say In The FCT / Edo Swears In 38-year-old Omobayo As New Deputy Governor / Osun APC, PDP In Verbal War Over Adeleke’s Religion, FG Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.