Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

SA Lukman Calls For Action Following Owode Market Fire Incident - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / SA Lukman Calls For Action Following Owode Market Fire Incident (43 Views)

Comrade SA Lukman Reacts To Death Of First Africa Prof Of Geology At 96 / Ebonyi Accident : Photos From The Ugly Incident That Claimed 32 Lives / What Is That Bad Incident You'll Never Forget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SA Lukman Calls For Action Following Owode Market Fire Incident by Jimsonjaat96(m): 10:01am On Apr 04
Hon. Amb Salahudeen Lukman, also known as Eluku Omo Adugbo, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) 2023 candidate for Ojomu Balogun Constituency, has expressed concern and called for action following a devastating fire incident at Owode Market.

In a statement released late yesterday, Lukman highlighted the crucial role Owode Market plays in the economic landscape of Offa community and Kwara state. Drawing from personal experience as a native of the area and the son of a market woman, he emphasized the market's significance as a major economic hub within the Ibolo kingdom.

Lukman underscored the severity of the recent fire inferno, describing it as not only a setback for the affected traders who lost their goods and shops but also a detriment to the broader economy of Offa and Kwara state.

Expressing his heartfelt sympathy for the victims, Lukman called for concerted efforts towards the economic recovery of those affected by the tragedy. He also proposed proactive measures to mitigate the risk of future fire outbreaks, including the engagement of Owode market stakeholders by officers of the Federal Fire Service and the establishment of a fire service mini station within the market premises.

Furthermore, Lukman commended the support provided by local leaders, including HRM Oba Muftau Gbadamosi Esuwoye, Senator Oyelola Ashiru, Hon Jare Olatundun, and the TIC chairman of Offa Local Government, to the affected individuals and families. He urged for continued collaboration to address the challenges facing the community.

In closing, Lukman emphasized the importance of initiatives such as the development of Offa New Market to alleviate congestion at Owode Market and facilitate economic growth in the region.

HIS FULL STATEMENT

Owode Fire Incident: My sincere sympathy goes out to the victims, our dear community, and my words to KWSG.

As a son of the soil, the impact of the Owode market on the economic landscape of Offa community and Kwara state can't be overstated. Growing up in the community as the son of a market woman, trained with the proceeds of Owode market blessings, I can proudly state, without fear or favor, that it's the major economic hub of the Ibolo kingdom.

The above description further justifies the economic significance of the market to the commercial stability of Offa and Kwara state at large. Such an ugly incident of a fire inferno remains not only a setback for the victims who lost their goods and shops but also a drawback to the economy of Offa and Kwara state at large.

I sincerely offer my deep sympathy to the traders who lost their goods and shops in the incident, while praying for the economic recovery of the losses in multiple folds.

However, considering the trend of fire outbreaks reoccurring in the market, I humbly recommend the engagement of Owode market shop owners and traders by officers of the Federal Fire Service on fire emergency management and response. I also appeal for the establishment of a fire service mini station within the Owode market to speed up responses to fire emergencies, which will reduce the impact should such an ugly event attempt to reoccur.

I commend our royal father HRM Oba Muftau Gbadamosi Esuwoye, the Senator representing Kwara South at the National Assembly Sen. Oyelola Ashiru, Hon Jare Olatundun, the TIC chairman of Offa Local Government, among other political office holders from our dear community, for their support so far to the victims. May Allah end fire calamities in our land. Efforts must be concentrated to make Offa New Market work going forward so as to decongest the popular Owode market for expansion and economic boom.

Signed

Hon. Comr Salahudeen A Lukman
Eluku OmoAdugbo

(1) (Reply)

Will Their Powers And Influences Ever Dim His Bright Light? / Swissdarl Freight & Logistics Appoints Dr. Sunil Dharmappa As Chief Operating Of / Get Any Premium Wordpress Plugins And Themes! Pay Only After Trying!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.