Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway (37484 Views)

Clement Asuquo Caught Celestine Umeh In Bed With His Wife, Gets Framed Up - SR / Son Stabs Father, Clement Okibe & Mother, Toyin To Death In Lagos / Armed Robbers Attack Union Bank In Igede Ekiti, Hold Town Hostage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by God1000(m): 3:24pm On Apr 04
Armed Robbers Attack Nigerian Journalist, Other Road Users On Lagos Highway, Steal Money, Phones

A Lagos-based freelance journalist and former staff member of WAZOBIA FM, Ogunleke Clement along with some other road users was attacked on Wednesday by armed robbers between Berger bus stop and Otedola Bridge on the Lagos- Ibadan Expressway.

Videos and pictures made available to SaharaReporters show the bloodied journalist receiving treatment at a medical facility after the attack.

The journalist, in an audio clip obtained by SaharaReporters, also added that the robbery was carried out by six young men who were armed with guns, machetes and bottles.

He, however, berated the absence of security operatives on major roads in the state to avert such incidents.

Mr Clement said the armed robbers stole his phones and all the money he had on him. He added that the armed men also robbed other passengers on the road.

Narrating his ordeal, he said, “I actually had a robbery attack between Berger and Otedola Bridge. It was not really easy. It showed that there is no safe place in this country.

The security agency really failed me seriously. It is not really easy. Within that place, I didn't see anybody to really help me out. I went through all the hospitals around that, through Magodo, with no security at all.

“I was robbed and butchered somehow with guns, cutlasses and bottles; they were like six guys. My phones and my wallet were taken from me - with money, a lot of money.

“I was actually coming from an event. My grandmother died and we had to hurry and be fast because it is a Muslim burial. We had to bury her the following day. So on my way there, I had to go to work. Right now, I am a freelance in media and publicity.

“It is not that easy; I am seriously feeling pain. I just want to say one or two things to Nigerians - you are the security of yourself. Be vigilant, be very careful. In this period, things are not smiling.

“The way Nigeria is, the price of everything is high. A lot of youth and young people, they are into a lot of atrocities, robbery and the rest because I saw young men coming towards me. Two cars away, they macheted a lot of people. I don't know where the rest of the passengers have been or something, but I just have to save my life.”

https://saharareporters.com/2024/04/04/armed-robbers-attack-nigerian-journalist-other-road-users-lagos-highway-steal-money#:~:text=A%20Lagos%2Dbased%20freelance%20journalist,on%20the%20Lagos%2D%20Ibadan%20Expressway.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by God1000(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04
I hate criminals with passion, they are so wicked and heartless, I almost got robbed yesterday as well but thank God.

88 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by richard870(m): 4:06pm On Apr 04
Only God can help Nigerians. Politicians have so messed the economy up that desperation is gradually becoming a norm.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by ChizzyBuna(m): 4:06pm On Apr 04
Ok

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Kingray10: 4:06pm On Apr 04
I hope the robbers are caught n brought to Justice.
Besides hope no lives was lost

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Svlla: 4:06pm On Apr 04
Nawaoo what is this country turning to

For brand new 1.5HP AC (carton unit with kits)
1 HP brand new AC (carton unit with kits)
Call 08168034379
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by leadinggists(m): 4:06pm On Apr 04
Crime doesn't pay

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Nwaokunkpara: 4:07pm On Apr 04
This is the why I don't pity anyone who is a thief wether armed or not

They deserve the jungle justice ASAP ABA style

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by zinaunreal(m): 4:07pm On Apr 04
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by phoneport(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04
One day na one day, tire and fuel will settle there case cool cool cool

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04
Quck healing. I hope he is not one of those Lagos Ibadan Expressway journalis
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by tiswell(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04
I guess they are thugs sent by a politician they stepped on,to teach them some bitter lessons.

Naija na cruise
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Barcalee: 4:08pm On Apr 04
No where is safe in nija anymore
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by TechCapon(m): 4:08pm On Apr 04
angry
I just hate Lagos mainland with passion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by omoredia: 4:08pm On Apr 04
They supported tinubu now hunger has turned them to armed robbers. Their end is near

13 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by NaijaCover(m): 4:09pm On Apr 04
What A Terrible Bad News 😔
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by stacyadams: 4:09pm On Apr 04
grin grin I built Lagos,I developed Lagos,Lagos is a mega city crew grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:09pm On Apr 04
Hope no life was lost?
Brutal deaths to all robbers

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:09pm On Apr 04
stacyadams:
grin grin I built Lagos,I developed Lagos,Lagos is a mega city crew grin grin
So, this is what you have to say seeing someone losing so much blood and at the point of death?
Politics have turned most of you into something else.
You are even shining your teeth?
Imagine what hatred, frustrations and bitterness have turned you and your ilks to.
No iota of empathy at all.
What a shame on you.
May God have mercy on your black soul.
Tueh.
Spits

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Grinhect: 4:10pm On Apr 04
But why are these criminals so heartless, thought it's those who refuses to give them money or drag with them that they do inflict injury upon, but no, they will collect money from you and still injure you (despite giving them all you have willingly).

May justice come upon them soon
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by jetguy(m): 4:10pm On Apr 04
God, where are we heading to in this country 😕😥
Hardship shouldn't be an excuse for someone to involve into robbery or hookup abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Blaze14k: 4:12pm On Apr 04
Political armed robber
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Kingpele(m): 4:12pm On Apr 04
Insecurity everywhere
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by gassbee: 4:13pm On Apr 04
Please dont ever struggle or try to challenge armed robber with weapons, just give dem wat they want in peace

7 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by DeGods007(m): 4:13pm On Apr 04
Tinupoo boys again

Agbado isn't enough again to quench hunger grin

4 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by ecomalchemistt(m): 4:13pm On Apr 04
Sorry
Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Pat081: 4:13pm On Apr 04
Those who will buy the phone will be in problem in short time

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:13pm On Apr 04
gassbee:
Please dont ever struggle or try to challenge armed robber with weapons, just give dem wat they want in peace
It is only a Mad man that argues with a man with a gun......Awo.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by Kriely(m): 4:14pm On Apr 04
Na why everybody suppose get their own kala. As e dey burst everybody dey shoot. We too plenty for the country sef.

Abeg make I smoke my loud dey go, quick recovery to the victims.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Attack Ogunleke Clement, Others On Lagos Highway by emmabest2000(m): 4:15pm On Apr 04
WAR ZONE

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shot Dead In Canada In Random Shooting / Woman Stabbed To Death While Separating Church Members Fighting At A Crusade / Pregnant Woman Crushes Husband’s Testicles Over Cheating, Killing Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.