Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,429 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Many Accidents Aren’t Reported - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Many Accidents Aren’t Reported (273 Views)

LASEMA Reacts To Viral Video Of Man Who Reported A Robbery Attack In His Area / Man Attacks Pastor With Plank After His Wife Reported Him For Cheating. Photos / Man's Girlfriend Raped & Stabbed Him. School Takes No Action After He Reported (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Accidents Aren’t Reported by Fryx: 11:05pm On Apr 04
On my way from Lagos to Ibadan earlier today, I saw an accident involving an 18 seater that caught fire in motion.

Although I don’t know how many people survived, but the passengers standing outside in panic should be around 10. A man with his lower body completely burnt (a very gory sight) was sitting dejectedly, probably thinking about the unfortunate incident that has befallen him, knowing fully well his chance of survival is less than 30%.

Another woman was lying down totally charred (don’t know if she is alive or dead). But, despite the bus having been completely engulfed in flame, there are more people inside. The bystander’s are making efforts to remove the charred bodies from the flame.

I remember the incident just now, and decided to check the net for any update. But to my surprise, no news outlet reported it up to this moment. Yet, we hear numerous bad news everyday, meaning only a few of these news are covered, and it’s already too much to bear.
Re: Many Accidents Aren’t Reported by Immatex(m): 11:22pm On Apr 04
Not just about news reporting but as a country we are behind in record capturing, keeping (archiving), reproducing accurate records, and data integrity.

As a country, we can't accurately say to permissible degrees of error what our road traffic fatalities are for a range of years because we don't have a good data capturing mechanism nor a working data retention system or bank. We simply just take a guess.

1 Like

Re: Many Accidents Aren’t Reported by Eleohjo: 11:41pm On Apr 04
Alot of things are not been reported in Nigeria, series of kidnapping took place in my locality, not one did I see on any news media.

1 Like

Re: Many Accidents Aren’t Reported by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:17am On Apr 05
Eleohjo:
Alot of things are not been reported in Nigeria, series of kidnapping took place in my locality, not one did I see on any news media.
I swear,more than 80 percent of happenings are not reported ,people were kidnapped in my village and 5 million was paid,many things are not reported.na so so boborisky news dey always carry.

1 Like

Re: Many Accidents Aren’t Reported by ASAPFERG: 7:00am On Apr 05
A barber friend of mine was shot dead inside his shop on monday, till now no news outlet has reported it.

1 Like

Re: Many Accidents Aren’t Reported by Jh0wsef(m): 12:11pm On Apr 07
I've always wondered too. A lot of accidents on this BRT lane on IKORODU road.. Sometimes dispatch riders end up being crushed, people crossing the road end up being tossed to death by speeding cars and BRT.. But I see none of the incidents reported on news.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kidnap Of Archbishop Of Brotherhood Of Cross & Star Did Not Happen In Abia – CP / Wike Blasts Apo Mechanic Traders Over Protest / Federal High Court Jails Serial Fraudster Six Years For Failure To Declare Prope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.