Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,514 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations (11863 Views)

Debt Servicing Gulps โ‚ฆ13.17 Trillion Under Buhari, Education Suffers / School Feeding Programme Gulps N500m During Lockdown โ€“ Minister, Sadiya Farouq / Debt Servicing Gulps N8 Trillion As FG Seeks More Loans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by Haaland21: 2:33pm On Apr 05
igwebuike01:
SW the borrowing Capital with nothing to show

And your brothers and sisters, no free leave the place....

Dey play
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by smyo(m): 2:35pm On Apr 05
oluztx:
SW states and borrowering. Makes sense why they pad their IGR to keep borrowing.
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Waiting SW do you for this life
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by dequir: 2:37pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

Tax people enough they won't vote bases on tribe and religion

If they don't bank, seek medical services based on tribe and religion... Tax them enough they won't

You can't pay 50% of your in as tax and vote your none performing tribes man

Now I understand you that you are only beefing because your own candidate, who actually may be a worse thief, was not voted in. If that's the case, sorry for wasting my time educating you.

I am off to another thread, meet me there.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 2:39pm On Apr 05
dequir:

Now I understand you that you are only beefing because your own candidate, who actually may be a worse thief, was not voted in. If that's the case, sorry for wasting my time educating you.

I am off to another thread, meet me there.
If he is a worse thief you vote him out simple

How is that difficult to understand

You don't have resources (your resources per capita is very very low) , you don't pay tax yet u want development... I dont get it

1 Like

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05
dequir:

If there is any visible benefits to the people being taxed, like the roads to their houses being paved, their children enjoying free schooling, absolute security everywhere, subsidy on their foods, provision of water and electricity everywhere, then nobody will complain. But without these, the commoners must not be taxed.
U pay tax then expect works if there is no work u vote out the handler of your tax look for person who would give u better value... That's what's called election

1 Like

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by Beolly(m): 2:40pm On Apr 05
Penguin2:
See how they used debt and rendered Adeleke incapable of doing any reasonable thing in Osun.

By the time debt is deducted, the poor man will have nothing left for infrastructure except for salaries.

After you will see idiots asking what Adeleke is doing in Osun.
Son of HATE when will you face ur Sadeast?
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by dequir: 2:44pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

U pay tax then expect works if there is no work u vote out the handler of your tax look for person who would give u better value... That's what's called election

Vote them out after they have used 4 years to steal the people blind, and smiling to their offshore banks?

This advice can only come from satan, I hope you are not him in disguise.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by LordBillionz: 2:45pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

Then keep wondering why you don't develop

Name a serious country that develop without tax
Name a serious country that developed with the kind of corruption in Nigeria...
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by Objectivist04: 2:46pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

You don't have a choice to pay tax or not

If you don't pay fine is 35% value of the house simply

A serious government wont even give you choice to pay or not pay

Don't pay na.. I dare you not to pay if am governor if u won't go homeless

What am trying to say is simply that government could make compliance easier through provision of infrastructure.

That a lot of citizens in the advanced countries pay their tax regularly is because they see the impact on their lives and environment.

Enugu state government is trying to tax landlords but people are kicking against it and you don't blame them, why because it is hard for someone to pay tax for a building with no access road , no water, no sanitation etc
If enugu state government has continued to tar streets as Sullivan administration did, by now 80% of the city would have been covered and that will give anybody who owns property along such a street a sense of patriotism.

Anything less than that will be viewed as extortion .
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by LordBillionz: 2:49pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

Then keep wondering why you don't develop

Name a serious country that develop without tax
Name a serious country that developed and us riddled with the kind of corruption in Nigeria.

You're talking about voting out a bad leader...
Does that work in Nigeria?

You vote doesn't count.

See bah, even in small organisations, people will be willing to contribute money so long as it will be used for the intended purpose but once corruption comes in, you will see people backing out.

It's not like that in our state or federal governments where anything goes
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by OVB123: 3:02pm On Apr 05
Objectivist04:
I have been wondering why nothing is happening in Ondo, osun and ekitit. It is like those states don't exist, honestly south west leaders are the worst in this country.
Most of their governors are doing nothing but info the people are fixated on Abia state.
I have been shouting here is ekitit and Ondo still exist in Nigeria ?
You are talking about Ondo and Ekiti state, what about Ogun state? Nothing to show despite the proximity to Lagos state.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 3:09pm On Apr 05
LordBillionz:

Name a serious country that developed and us riddled with the kind of corruption in Nigeria.

You're talking about voting out a bad leader...
Does that work in Nigeria?

You vote doesn't count.

See bah, even in small organisations, people will be willing to contribute money so long as it will be used for the intended purpose but once corruption comes in, you will see people backing out.

It's not like that in our state or federal governments where anything goes
Malaysia, USA, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Australia
Are all more corrupt than Nigeria

Nigerians are corrupt because there is not consequences for corruption, because the leaders know they can pay u 5k and you vote for them or give you tribal bullshitting

1 Like

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 3:09pm On Apr 05
Objectivist04:

What am trying to say is simply that government could make compliance easier through provision of infrastructure.

That a lot of citizens in the advanced countries pay their tax regularly is because they see the impact on their lives and environment.

Enugu state government is trying to tax landlords but people are kicking against it and you don't blame them, why because it is hard for someone to pay tax for a building with no access road , no water, no sanitation etc
If enugu state government has continued to tar streets as Sullivan administration did, by now 80% of the city would have been covered and that will give anybody who owns property along such a street a sense of patriotism.

Anything less than that will be viewed as extortion .
U pay tax then expect infrastructure

You make payments then expect services is that not how it's done?
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 3:10pm On Apr 05
dequir:

Vote them out after they have used 4 years to steal the people blind, and smiling to their offshore banks?

This advice can only come from satan, I hope you are not him in disguise.
What do u suggest hold your tax and remain undeveloped?
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by Earthquakes: 3:28pm On Apr 05
carterguccy:
See all of them up there wailing like pigs that they are!

Seems like it Osun, Ondo that is wailing on debtgrin grin
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by Mikuni(m): 3:35pm On Apr 05
richiemcgold:
Aketi really plunged Ondo into heavy debts with no tangible infrastructures to show for it. Seven years of governance just wasted for nothing. The current governor that just took over is not even doing better. Ondo has just been static for the last seven years. The thing dey vex me walahi.
They haven't even paid February and March Salary.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by LordBillionz: 3:41pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

Malaysia, USA, France, Italy, UK, Spain, Australia
Are all more corrupt than Nigeria

Nigerians are corrupt because there is not consequences for corruption, because the leaders know they can pay u 5k and you vote for them or give you tribal bullshitting
Show evidence of your claims...

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 3:42pm On Apr 05
LordBillionz:

Show evidence of your claims...
What evidence do you want name what has happened in Nigeria that hasn't happened there in terms of corruption and I would shoe u
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by Timmi: 3:44pm On Apr 05
igwebuike01:
SW the borrowing Capital with nothing to show

Nothing dey inside that your head Igwe
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by LordBillionz: 3:49pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

What evidence do you want name what has happened in Nigeria that hasn't happened there in terms of corruption and I would shoe u
If this is your argument, then it's needless to continue this.

Time already wasted.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by nuruajao: 3:50pm On Apr 05
Millimann:

https://punchng.com/debt-servicing-gulps-ondo-osun-two-others-allocations/
Osun state will not borrow to pay salaries my governor have enough dollars and pounds

1 Like

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by nuruajao: 3:53pm On Apr 05
Penguin2:
See how they used debt and rendered Adeleke incapable of doing any reasonable thing in Osun.

By the time debt is deducted, the poor man will have nothing left for infrastructure except for salaries.

After you will see idiots asking what Adeleke is doing in Osun.
dey play โ–ถ๏ธโ–ถ๏ธโ–ถ๏ธ Anaj have enough dollars and pounds
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by Charly68: 4:02pm On Apr 05
Unfortunately you won't see what they claimed to use the loan for on ground. .They just plunged the states to needless fraudulent debts

1 Like

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by broadman20: 4:06pm On Apr 05
carterguccy:
See all of them up there wailing like pigs that they are!

Your borrowing attitude should worry you more,

Wonder why drivers on lorry load of food are now endangered species in your region and you still have Mouth to talk.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by iyke2frankeze: 4:42pm On Apr 05
They borrow to pad IGR in order to borrow more. Sophisticated political region.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by loveuGOD: 5:40pm On Apr 05
This is where Aregbesola pushed Osun since he left with huge debt. His predecessor never borrows.
Aregbesola moved from the governor to minister. He bastardise the immigration department of his ministry, thanks to Olubunmi Ojo. Jail brake became normal thing during his tenure. We have not heard a single jail brake since he left.
By GOD grace, you are dead politically for putting Osun in this mess.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by nedu666: 6:05pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

If you are poor and have a mud house valued at 2 million

Would paying 2000 yearly kill you?

But that 2 thousands gives me legitimate right to go and collect 5 million from someone with house worth 500 million

And you and him have same right to the 5 million 2 thousands tax

If anything poor people should be insisting ok everyone getting taxed

Oga which mud house is valued at 2 million

1 Like

Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by hansomb: 6:17pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:
I don't really know why states are crying

The back bone of any government around the world is property tax

There are over 250,000 houses in each of these stated in city n towns

Valued at a minimum of 10 million to 500 million

Say average of 35 million

A property tax of 1% value of house is not bad 3% is ideal.. So let's go to 1.5%

That's easy 131 billion

But once u do this know u must work,
Know street have to be paved
Streets have to be clean
Roads must work
Know propaganda of tribe and religion won't work

Maybe these are the reason they don't go for it since they have enough to steal but not to work
Dey play, you think this is America where everything is documented and rule of law applies.
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by sniperr007(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05
They will now borrow more to steal๐Ÿ˜
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05
hansomb:

Dey play, you think this is America where everything is documented and rule of law applies.
If the government wants they can do it in 6 months no cap
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by mrvitalis(m): 6:30pm On Apr 05
nedu666:

Oga which mud house is valued at 2 million
How much can u value a mud house and what percentage of houses in Nigeria are mud houses
Re: Debt Servicing Gulps Ondo, Osun, Two Others Allocations by IduNaOba: 6:35pm On Apr 05
mrvitalis:

You don't have a choice to pay tax or not

If you don't pay fine is 35% value of the house simply

A serious government wont even give you choice to pay or not pay

Don't pay na.. I dare you not to pay if am governor if u won't go homeless

Small visit by one or two UGM and another governor will take over. E no hard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

16 Policemen Burnt To Death In Auto Crash / SHOCKING! Hot And Sexy Young Lady Got Married To An Old Man / Deputy Governor Of Gombe State David Albashi Dies Of Car Crash Injuries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.