Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others (695 Views)

Telecommunication Companies Lose 8 Million Subscribers in Q2 2021 / GSM Booster: NCC Warns Against Unauthorized Use Of Telecommunication Boosters / Why We Converted To A Public Company – MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others by Nairaland777: 3:38pm On Apr 05
Below I posted my experience with MTN and the steps I took to eventually get my money back. Incase you are in the same situation.
Re: How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others by Nairaland777: 3:39pm On Apr 05
It's been a long ride between me and MTN. I made a purchase of 75GB from MTN for 16,000naira through MYMTN app on 9th of February, and transferred money to their auto-generated Wema bank account number.

The transfer was successful, even the MYMtn app told me it was successful, only for me not to get the data I paid for. I reported the case to MTN, they told me after 24 to 48 hours I should get an auto refund.

I waited but still didn't get a refund. I felt like this is one way MTN earns extra money from their customers. angry They kept telling me to go to my bank to get my refund if I haven't received it yet. I emailed my bank, went to my bank, even threatened my bank with CBN if I didn't get my refund back. My bank assured me that they haven't received any refund.

So I told my bank to send my bank statement to MTN cr banking email as proof that I haven't received any refund.

That made no difference to them, MTN still told me the exact same thing, that I should visit my bank for refund, can you imagine this MTN? Even after doing what they asked me to do, I was told the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN.

So I decided to involve NCC, it was only then that MTN called me that they didn't receive the money I sent to them, telling me to visit my bank. I told them if they truly made an auto refund they should give me the transaction number of the auto refund so I can give my bank to ask why I haven't received it. Still nothing.

It was very frustrating, trying to get my hard earned money back from MTN, and being told the same USE LESS message of "please visit your bank if you haven't gotten your autorefund."

The time of victory came when I visited Wema Bank to enquire about the Wema Bank account I sent the money to, it was named CORALPAY draw PG, I was told that it was a virtual account made for MTN to be passed through a payment processor, that they didn't have direct access to it at Wema. So I called MTN again, and asked to talk to the support team. Luckily for me, one of the support team had worked in the bank before, he told me to report the transaction as erronous transfer, since my bank could not lodge it as a failed transaction.

So on the 26th March 2024, about 45 days after the failed transaction, I got my money back from MTN.

In case you also have failed transaction issue with telecommunication providers and they are giving you use less instructions, just involve NCC customer protection department, and report the transaction at your bank as erroneous transfer, so your bank will contact the beneficiary and financial institution to have the money recalled back into your account. Also let the network providers support team (NOT customer care team) know that you have reported the transaction as erroneous transfer to your bank manager through a written letter, and that they will receive a recall request from your bank.

This is the ONLY way to get your money bank. It's not by going to MTN office or threatening anyone.

1 Like

Re: How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others by Hopez456(m): 6:24pm On Apr 05
Nairaland777:

It's been a long ride between me and MTN. I made a purchase of 75GB from MTN for 16,000naira through MYMTN app on 9th of February, and transferred money to their auto-generated Wema bank account number.

The transfer was successful, even the MYMtn app told me it was successful, only for me not to get the data I paid for. I reported the case to MTN, they told me after 24 to 48 hours I should get an auto refund.

I waited but still didn't get a refund. I felt like this is one way MTN earns extra money from their customers. angry They kept telling me to go to my bank to get my refund if I haven't received it yet. I emailed my bank, went to my bank, even threatened my bank with CBN if I didn't get my refund back. My bank assured me that they haven't received any refund.

So I told my bank to send my bank statement to MTN cr banking email as proof that I haven't received any refund.

That made no difference to them, MTN still told me the exact same thing, that I should visit my bank for refund, can you imagine this MTN? Even after doing what they asked me to do, I was told the EXACT SAME THING AGAIN.

So I decided to involve NCC, it was only then that MTN called me that they didn't receive the money I sent to them, telling me to visit my bank. I told them if they truly made an auto refund they should give me the transaction number of the auto refund so I can give my bank to ask why I haven't received it. Still nothing.

It was very frustrating, trying to get my hard earned money back from MTN, and being told the same USE LESS message of "please visit your bank if you haven't gotten your autorefund."

The time of victory came when I visited Wema Bank to enquire about the Wema Bank account I sent the money to, it was named CORALPAY draw PG, I was told that it was a virtual account made for MTN to be passed through a payment processor, that they didn't have direct access to it at Wema. So I called MTN again, and asked to talk to the support team. Luckily for me, one of the support team had worked in the bank before, he told me to report the transaction as erronous transfer, since my bank could not lodge it as a failed transaction.

So on the 26th March 2024, about 45 days after the failed transaction, I got my money back from MTN.

In case you also have failed transaction issue with telecommunication providers and they are giving you use less instructions, just involve NCC customer protection department, and report the transaction at your bank as erroneous transfer, so your bank will contact the beneficiary and financial institution to have the money recalled back into your account. Also let the network providers support team (NOT customer care team) know that you have reported the transaction as erroneous transfer to your bank manager through a written letter, and that they will receive a recall request from your bank.

This is the ONLY way to get your money bank. It's not by going to MTN office or threatening anyone.
This is highly frustrating. I am having similar issue. I bought airtimethrough the useless MyMtnApp, I was debited and not credited. I have contacted mtn, they referred me to the bank, the bank is asking that I give them five working days. It is crazy, parting with that huge sum at this time.
Re: How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others by arkonpoint: 8:24am On Apr 06
I had similar experience, just a #200 transaction, I had to let it go, not worth the hassle.
Re: How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others by Hopez456(m): 2:49pm On Apr 06
arkonpoint:
I had similar experience, just a #200 transaction, I had to let it go, not worth the hassle.
These people are making a hell of money off us. A let go, by thousands and millions of people increases their fortune.

I can't count how much I have let go but then, this has to stop.
Re: How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others by Nairaland777: 11:52pm On Apr 08
Hopez456:
These people are making a hell of money off us. A let go, by thousands and millions of people increases their fortune.

I can't count how much I have let go but then, this has to stop.

I didnt stop until I got my money back. I was ready to take it to Twitter as a last resort
Re: How to get your money refund back from telecommunication company MTN and others by Hopez456(m): 5:13am On Apr 09
Nairaland777:

I didnt stop until I got my money back. I was ready to take it to Twitter as a last resort
That was exactly what I did, I bombed mtn and the bank on twitter, no breathing space. At last after 6 days, I got my money yesterday.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Times Per Day Do You Text (sms). / Brethren,salvation Has Come / Mtn Is Spamming Ma Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.