Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) (75095 Views)

Soldiers Tricked Us Into A Hall Then Opened Fire, Okuama Residents Speak / Armed Fulani Bandits In Zamfara Forest (Pictures) / Troops Kill 20 Boko Haram/ISWAP Terrorists In Lambom Forest (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by SoaringLife01: 4:05pm On Apr 07
PressMyButton:
Are you sure this is the forest, i can only see a grass field and less than ten persons having a picnic.
I doubt you have been to the Niger Delta.
These guys are holed up in the thick forest, probably because of the interview , they have to come out of hiding.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by SoaringLife01: 4:12pm On Apr 07
mauchiz:

They caused problems for themselves, when I was in secondary school in Owerri, once youths start behaving badly, community leaders will write petition to the police and they will invite the person for questioning.
Then if an arm robber is caught, the elders in the community won't allow jungle justice on the person, they must hand the person over to police.
Okuoma residents knew they kill people in their community and they kept quiet.
When I was 16,i saved an arm robber, by going to call elderly people to stop the bloodshed, I hate bloodshed, I grew up with the mentality you don't kill, rather you hand them over to the police.
Let one person in Okuama tell us they don't know their youths are murderers, I don't pity for them.
Whatever you sow in life you reap, this will teach them a lesson.

You don't say what you don't know.Why are you concluding that Okuama people killed those soldiers.
Okuama community earlier sent petition to Delta State Govt in January accusing one of the Ijaw leaders( former NIMASA DG ) of planning to forcefully annex their land.He was accused of using intimidating the community with his high connection.
Nothing was done to that petition.
The Federal Government should set up an independent inquiry to determine the actual killers.SADLY The Nigerian Army is the same body carry out the investigation.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by SoaringLife01: 4:17pm On Apr 07
1972xy:
They are only reaping what they sow.
What did they sow? Okuama community is being oppressed in this case.
The community sent out a petition to Delta State Govt in January 2024.
BTW, is the function of the Nigerian Army to settle Land Dispute ?
Sadly , the inquiry set up is made up of the Nigerian Army.How can we expect a bias-free report?
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by SoaringLife01: 4:18pm On Apr 07
Freezby2020:

Any community that doesn't wants to sleep in the forest should never be too quick in killing government agents: Army, Police, Civil Defense Immi officers etc.

Thank God they allowed them to sleep in the forest, and not banished them forever

This guy na ekpa o.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by SoaringLife01: 4:20pm On Apr 07
tnerro1:
These children should not be made to go through this, they will grow up hating the government

That's natural.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by ADSP116(m): 9:34pm On Apr 07
If you follow biafla whalai it will worsen your situation
TooMuchStuff:
Can Kanuri or Fulanis people be living like animals for fear of Nigeria Military 🪖 ?

We need to renegotiate Nigeria.
The inequality is too much. This is wickedness.

Let my Niger Delta n Biafra go

1 Like

Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by BALLOSKI: 6:05am On Apr 08
TooMuchStuff:
Can Kanuri or Fulanis people be living like animals for fear of Nigeria Military 🪖 ?

We need to renegotiate Nigeria.
The inequality is too much. This is wickedness.

Let my Niger Delta n Biafra go
Kanuri or Fulani are the highest number of IDPs in Nigeria. In fact, the military bombed them in their refugee camps. They run from army and they run from Boko Haram.

Some of you can't think properly. This people don't deserve to go through this for what they didn't do, but this is what those who lived among who think they can take laws into their own hands have brought upon them. This is where you should speak from, and not from the stupid point of tribalism.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by BALLOSKI: 6:06am On Apr 08
ADSP116:
If you follow biafla whalai it will worsen your situation
dem no de get sense...
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by DMerciful(m): 6:26am On Apr 08
Stop f00ling yourself, know your enemy or else you'll get burnt.

I'm Igbo from Delta, that makes me a Niger Deltan. Have you asked yourself why no SS state is like Abuja or Lagos inspite of bringing the revenue for the country?

Our people are the most f00lish people on earth. How can they have so much wealth yet so much poverty and underdevelopmen?
IamAtAnger:
Leave Niger Delta out of ur Evil plot... we no dey join una Biafra abi whatever.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by IamAtAnger: 6:32am On Apr 08
Because of some selected selfish leaders in our region. We are the enemy of ourselves. Not the federal.
And for you, you're most foolish for thinking the south east wud have the niger deltans interest at heart... people who always quick for discriminating us as outcast igbos and not one of them. Mugu like u
DMerciful:
Stop f00ling yourself, know your enemy or else you'll get burnt.

I'm Igbo from Delta, that makes me a Niger Deltan. Have you asked yourself why no SS state is like Abuja or Lagos inspite of bringing the revenue for the country?

Our people are the most f00lish people on earth. How can they have so much wealth yet so much poverty and underdevelopmen?
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by Keemie(f): 6:34am On Apr 08
There is no justification for collective punishment. They just destroyed innocent lives.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by DMerciful(m): 6:35am On Apr 08
Since you became conscious, mention one thing the SE has done to SS that makes you think they're our enemy? Don't tell me what people say happened before you were born, tell me the one that happened since you became self aware
IamAtAnger:
Because of some selected selfish leaders in our region. We are the enemy of ourselves. Not the federal.
And for you, you're most foolish for thinking the south east wud have the niger deltans interest at heart... people who always quick for discriminating us as outcast igbos and not one of them. Mugu like u
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by IamAtAnger: 6:38am On Apr 08
So what I outlined was not I'm aware or have experienced be4 abi? Dey there dey deceive ursef sey igbo like u but count me out... we are south south not south east clear like 7up
DMerciful:
Since you became conscious, mention one thing the SE has done to SS that makes you think they're our enemy? Don't tell me what people say happened before you were born, tell me the one that happened since you became self aware
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by DMerciful(m): 6:40am On Apr 08
Answer the question and stop running away from it. You're not a kid, do not let the people that killed Saro Wiwa and the others by hanging repeat it again
IamAtAnger:
So what I outlined was not I'm aware or have experienced be4 abi? Dey there dey deceive ursef sey igbo like u but count me out... we are south south not south east clear like 7up
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by TooMuchStuff: 9:07am On Apr 08
BALLOSKI:
Kanuri or Fulani are the highest number of IDPs in Nigeria. In fact, the military bombed them in their refugee camps. They run from army and they run from Boko Haram.

Some of you can't think properly. This people don't deserve to go through this for what they didn't do, but this is what those who lived among who think they can take laws into their own hands have brought upon them. This is where you should speak from, and not from the stupid point of tribalism.
point is, military flexes their muscle more in South than North when dealing with miscreants.
Re: How Okuama Residents Are Living In The Forest (Pictures) by BALLOSKI: 12:47pm On Apr 08
TooMuchStuff:

point is, military flexes their muscle more in South than North when dealing with miscreants.
You know how many shiite members the military killed in one day and given mass burial? Do you even know how many villages have been displaced in the north and no military presence? You don't even witness what those in the north go through everytime.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patricia Amadin: #EndSARS Protesters Hail Policewoman In Lagos (pics) / Meet Abdul-razaq Abdulrahman's Father & 6 Siblings / Reps Take Delivery Of Exotic Cars, Begin Distribution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.