Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! (170 Views)

Apostle Suleman Celebrates His Birthday, Gifts Committed Church Workers N15M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by AdetoyeAyomikun: 10:08am On Apr 06
I almost committed suicide!!!!

Let me briefly share the story of how I almost committed suicide. If you wish to learn anything from it, follow me in this short narrative.

I'm sharing this story because not everyone will have the same experience I had.

I know many may say I was weak. Many could say I was not strong enough. I apologize if that truly reflected who I was, but I thank God that to some extent, I now understand a little more.

It all happened on the 21st of February 2019 when our first-semester results came out. I was surprised, shocked, and weary when I saw the results. I never believed it could be my result.

I read, I studied, but the result - 1.93/5.00 - was nothing but disappointment in my life. I expected more I expected better. I failed myself, I failed my parents. All my friends, even those I was better than, did better than me. Even those who didn't come to class performed better.

Who exactly did I offend? What did I do wrong? Thinking about all this made me stop going to church, made me isolate myself. When I found the courage to tell my parents, my dad talked to me about how disappointed he was.

I felt sad. I felt like ending my life. But I came to that conclusion when someone posted on the departmental group, "The person who attends class is getting a third class, while those who don't attend are doing better."

I knew it was directed at me. I felt sad that night, my mind blank. I went into my wardrobe, took one of my clothes, tore it, and hung it on the fan, ready to take my life.

During this process, I saw a very bright light in my room, like a dream. I saw a man walking in this light and said, "The one who fails is not a failure, but the one who thinks they are forever a failure because they failed in one aspect of life or the one who removed God from their life."

I know these words may mean nothing to some of you, but they're what kept me alive until today, it felt like something I can't just explain but it saved me.

For this reason, I want to tell someone: your academic result is not the end of your life. Because that relationship failed is not the end of your life. Because you don't look like it today does not mean your life has ended.

Don't forsake God, no matter what is going on in your life. He should be a constant.

God is writing a story with your life. Don't corrupt it.

#Tellastorywithadetoyeayomikun
#fiction

1 Like

Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by Apus: 10:19am On Apr 06
It's hard for good people to thrive in this country.

Na so my mates dey bribe lecturers for University while I was jumping from one night class to the other.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by Pussyisgud: 11:38am On Apr 06
Please next time use sniper and end it quick.
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by Veecruz: 12:15pm On Apr 06
Pussyisgud:

For you, i pray the slow living death. May you live 113 but everyday of it shall be as a man having kidney cancer with no money for medicine, yet he lives from age 23 to 113.
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by Pussyisgud: 12:20pm On Apr 06
Veecruz:

For me, i pray the slow living death. May i live 113 but everyday of it shall be as a man having kidney cancer with no money for medicine, yet he lives from age 23 to 113.
May ogun kill you on your next birthday.
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by Veecruz: 12:23pm On Apr 06
Pussyisgud:

May ogun kill you on your next birthday.

Iyou shall live to 131 having anus cancer at age 28.in addition to your stomach cancer.
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by Emmanuel30a2: 12:51pm On Apr 06
You think we would believe it or this...? E no concerns US or wetin concerns US... As una no dey discerns wetin dey comes from US, whatever happens to u; no concerns US or no dey concerns US...
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by AdetoyeAyomikun: 1:13pm On Apr 10
Apus:
It's hard for good people to thrive in this country.

Na so my mates dey bribe lecturers for University while I was jumping from one night class to the other.

It's well๐Ÿซ‚
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by AdetoyeAyomikun: 1:14pm On Apr 10
Pussyisgud:

You need deliverance ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: I Almost Committed Suicide!!!! by AdetoyeAyomikun: 1:15pm On Apr 10
Veecruz:

For you, i pray the slow living death. May you live 113 but everyday of it shall be as a man having kidney cancer with no money for medicine, yet he lives from age 23 to 113.

This is not Twitter Ejoor๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜‚

Small small

(1) (Reply)

Sallah Celebration: Why Is Moon Always Causing Confusion? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 20/09/18 / Tormenting Your Soul!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.