Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Having Job Security (1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Having Job Security (1) (48 Views)

Having Job Security (3) / Having Job Security (2) / Divine Security 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Having Job Security (1) by Btruth: 2:55am On Apr 07
Having job security (1)

Sun, 7 Apr 2024

‘Those who work their land will have abundant food ...’ Proverbs 12:11

God created the Garden of Eden, then He created Adam, and then He told Adam that his job was to take care of it. Why? Because work gives dignity and meaning to our lives. That’s why the Bible says, ‘Those who work their land …will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense’ (Proverbs 12:11 NIV). For the next few days, let’s talk about how to have job security.

Negative world events can have a devastating impact on the economy, which in turn affects employment security. Accidents or illnesses can result in unemployment. It’s easy to see why so many of us live in fear of becoming unemployed. The fear of losing your job is rooted in the following core fears.

Lack: ‘How will I meet my obligations?’

Inadequacy: ‘I’m not good enough.’

Helplessness: ‘What do I do now?’

Loneliness: ‘I’ll be isolated from my social network.’

For some, the shame and humiliation of losing a job is as devastating as the loss of income. Fretting about being fired can become a self-fulfilling prophecy because the anxiety makes you less efficient and effective. So if you live with the constant fear of losing your job, it’s time to stop worrying and start developing a strategy that will enhance your position on the job or assure you of a soft landing if you get laid off.

Your first and foremost strategy must be to trust in God’s faithfulness: ‘The LORD your God will make you prosper abundantly in all the work of your hands … Indeed, the LORD will again delight in your prosperity, as he delighted in that of your ancestors …’ (Deuteronomy 30:9-10 CSB).

(1) (Reply)

Solution Encounters / Truth / Accredited Schools For Online Bachelors/diploma Bible Studies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.