Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. (5281 Views)

Was Prof. Yemi Osibanjo Called By God To Be A Pastor? / INEC: GEJ Plans To Replace Prof. Attahiru Jega With Prof. Olufemi Mimiko / How INEC National Commissioners ‘convinced Jega Not To Postpone Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by pendusky(m): 11:48pm On Nov 17, 2011
LOOKING AT THREAD LAUGHING AT THE LATEST POLITICAL ANALYSTS , WETIN CONCERN UNA 4 SOMEBODY GOVERNMENT? YOU WILL NEVER KNOW ANYTHING UNTIL YOU SIT ON THAT SEAT! SO CRITICISM IS ALWAYS WELCOME!
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by CTAkwanga(m): 7:35am On Nov 18, 2011
grin na after 2015 election den go give am gcon.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by Okijajuju1(m): 8:48am On Nov 18, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Curiosity kills the senseless cat.

See this Ekiti State Bush fish o!!?

I wonder what Ekiti would do to the first GCON from that State? ! grin

Jarus:

Let's be reasonable in our criticisms. If Jega were to be given honours, we will say GEJ is only rewarding him for rigging elections for him.

I fully support Jega not being given now. Maybe when he leaves office.

I personally think for those in public service, they should not be give national awards until after their tenure, when they can be assessed.

I agree! But if they broke protocol and started awarding serving public servants, then why stop at Rigim and co!

Infact! Why is it that at a time when Nigeria is experiencing its worst internal security issues (which is now even bigger than the Niger Delta crisis) since the civil war, all the serving heads of our different security outfits/departments were given National Awards!! Meanwhile, Jega (who is still serving as well) was comfortably omitted from the list! It would have been easier to accept the inclusion of Jega on the list that it is for us to accept Rigim and co on the last.
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by k00lxpert(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2011
@topic, u re right, if they said he conducted a free, fair & credible election, then why didn't GEJ(A) crown JEGA his name sake & friend in conniving to currupting the politically crumbling system of Naija. this ironically tells us that, GEJ is a scam & i'm seizing this opportunity to tell my fellow Nigerians that 'THE BEAUTIFUL ONES ARE NOT YET BORN'. belive me pple, God will vindicate us His innocent pple very soon!
Re: Why Was Prof. Attahiru Jega Not On The Awards List. by zeennurei(m): 6:34am On Nov 19, 2011
They said he conducted free & credible election but we know he didn't ( we knw isn't an easy job) can some one justify with concrete reasons why JEGA should be given national honours?

Forget about RINGIM we already know his personal relation with GEJ.

This is the most clueless govt i ever seen in the world indeed GEJ is a failure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abiye Sekibo Killed Harry Marshall... Australian / Nigeria At 54! 5 Things You May Not Know About Nigeria / Ameachi Loses Again. Too Bad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.