Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide (6862 Views)

Operations Of Bristow Helicopter Suspended By NCAA / Bristow Helicopter Crash Rescue Operation In Lagos (Photos) / National Air Traffic Control Strike, All Flights Suspended Till 12noon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by eketchic: 10:04am On Nov 17, 2011
Air Nigeria Flights Suspended from Operation Nationwide

15/11/2011
All flights of Air Nigeria nationwide have been suspended from Operation by the National Association of Aircraft Pilots and Engineers, NAAPE for sacking its Head of Maintenance Department, Mr. James Erigba.President of NAAPE, Mr. Balami David, said Erigba was sacked because he insisted that a particular aircraft was due for maintenance and should, therefore, go for maintenance.
The management of the airline, however, tried to go ahead by insisting that the said aircraft should still carry out flight operations.According to him, "Mr. James Erigba insisted that the aircraft must be in the hanger but the CEO, Mr. Kinfe Kahssaye or management was trying to look for a way to go ahead and risk the situation which is not acceptable to us. He insisted that the aircraft must go for maintenance but the CEO or management is trying to look for a way to cut corner which is not allowed."
Balami said the management of Air Nigeria was toying with safety of passengers which was not acceptable in the aviation industry, noting that if safety was compromised many lives could be lost as accident was bound to happen in such situation.
He said: "They have 11 aircraft in all but only seven are air worthy but they want to fly 10 aircraft to include three aircraft that are not serviceable. So the engineers were against it and because of that they fired the Head of Maintenance, Mr. James Erigba."
Spokesman for the airline, Mr. Sam Ogbogoro, said: "This dispute came about today as a result of a management change within the airline’s maintenance department, which did not result in anyone losing his job."
"We regret the inconveniences this recent dispute has caused our passengers and wish to assure that efforts are ongoing to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. In order to minimise the inconveniences, we have set up a refund process for passengers wishing to seek alternative arrangements for their travels.
"We would also like to assure our valued customers and the general public that at no point is the safety of passengers and crew compromised in the execution of the airline’s operations. The airline’s management has, however, expressed its willingness to discuss the issues raised by NAAPE, and it is expected that operations will resume soon. "

The Source. The Nation
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:45pm On Nov 17, 2011
Valid point - If she is not good to fly, she stay's grounded - but coming from the nation methinks Tinubu Vulture Air has taken off grin
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Ournaija: 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
Abeg passengers` safety is paramount.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2011
Tinubuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhh,

Can't you succeed without evicting/destroying the image of competitors? Must you be like Dangote? undecided
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Kx: 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2011
update- ban implemented?
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by kizito96(m): 4:22pm On Nov 17, 2011
This is how they have been toying with the lives of fellow Nigerian. Please give us update on this issue
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by manny4life(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2011
The article stated 7 out of 11 aircraft were "airworthy", so why was the airline grounded? This is why I just don't like reading Nigerian news, how on earth is an airline grounded or its flights suspended because of four unworthy aircraft? Besides this association is not the appropriate authority to ground an airline, that the responsibility of the Federal Aviation Administration.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by otokx(m): 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2011
My colleague flew Air Nigeria on Sunday from Lagos to Port Harcourt and told me it was an experience. The engines of the plane did not seem to have enough power on take off so it kept jerking and then the pilot had to shut down the a/c. All the passengers just went mute in silent prayers like their whole lives appearing in front of them then one of them a woman started screaming. The air hostess tried to pacify her to no avail even offering her more food but they were all sweating. when finally the plane climbed to some feet and leveled all became calm and the air conditioners plus light was switched back on.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by GWslim(f): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2011
hope FAAN is listening.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Meedu(m): 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2011
^^ hope NCAA is listening, what has FAAN got 2 do with this.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by babaowo: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
what concern tinubu in this matter Nah wha oooo its a pity!
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by hardbody: 5:59pm On Nov 17, 2011
On the number of occasions i have used them (ABOUT THRICE IF MY MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT) We had issues both at take off and landing, on at least two of those occasions, we suffered delays running into a cummulative of more than 7 hours. sadly those flights are always prepaid for me so i find it diffuclt to change once at the airport. I had since sworn never to fly that carrier again, for those who may insist, well I will keep praying for you.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by eros(m): 6:44pm On Nov 17, 2011
When will Nigerians ever respect and valid human lives? Everything shouldn't always be about making profits and giving a damn if people are killed in the process.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2011
has anyone boarded the new aircraft of 1st Nation, the big airbus A320, try it out and you will love the comfort. By the way, DANA AIR is the most reliable airline in Nigeria for now.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:39pm On Nov 17, 2011
Sosoliso reborn
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by boneruns(m): 7:52pm On Nov 17, 2011
The 'lack of maintenance' culture in Nigeria is disheartening and cruel. One can imagine how many lives could have been saved if the crashed bellview and sosoliso airlines were duely maintained during their time of operations.

The problems of this country is not only the avaricious politicians but we as individuals. Our problems and solutions lies in our individual consciences. We all should be able to judge ourselves.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by mikepeace(m): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2011
I am really shocked to hear this story about Air Nigeria, to be honest it is just this yeah that i started flying locally in Nigeria after my friend conviced me that in terms of airlines, Nigerians have changed with their maintainance systems, i have flown with the same Air Nigeria 3 times to Enugu with return this year, but to fair to them, being someone who uses Europian airlines always for many years now, i enjoyed their flight on those three occations, and have started building confidence in flying locally regulaly, but to lean today that this people are compromising their flight scheduled maintainance is now a big blow to my confidence.

Please does anyone out there know much about Aero because last week i wanted to book Air Nigeria for Xmas travel but when i could not get seat i opted for Aero, please help, are they also acting in the same way? maybe i should just forget them and drive instead.

This people do not value human life one bit.
Big Shame!
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2011
BCuZiMBlaCk:

Sosoliso reborn

More like Bellview Reborn
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2011
mikepeace:

I am really shocked to hear this story about Air Nigeria, to be honest it is just this yeah that i started flying locally in Nigeria after my friend conviced me that in terms of airlines, Nigerians have changed with their maintainance systems, i have flown with the same Air Nigeria 3 times to Enugu with return this year, but to fair to them, being someone who uses Europian airlines always for many years now, i enjoyed their flight on those three occations, and have started building confidence in flying locally regulaly, but to lean today that this people are compromising their flight scheduled maintainance is now a big blow to my confidence.

Please does anyone out there know much about Aero because last week i wanted to book Air Nigeria for Xmas travel but when i could not get seat i opted for Aero, please help, are they also acting in the same way? maybe i should just forget them and drive instead.

This people do not value human life one bit.
Big Shame!

I can assure you aviation in Nigeria now is already wearing a new look, i can assure of safety with any airline of your choice. The case of Air Nigeria has to do with sabotage by workers, the company itself have been in rough times for the past couple of weeks. I think they are trying to pass a message across to Jimoh Ibrahim.

odiaero:

More like Bellview Reborn

There's nothing of such again, am very sure u must have an idea of how the inside of A320 looks like, i witnessed a first hand view last night, and i was thrilled with what i saw with the first nation bird. But to be candid, i think such plane is too big for domestic flight.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by KayDee4: 10:21pm On Nov 17, 2011
Can u imagine that ?, Mr CEO gambling with people's lives.

I wouldn't fly with them for free !!
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by OmoTier1(m): 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2011
Since Obasanjo repositioned NCAA, the Avaition industry in Nigeria has being witnessing a new dawn! What is left now is to increase the level/number of professionals we have in the industry, modernize ALL our airports, and set-up MRO and training facilities with at least two in each of the geo-political zones with funds to assist in form of bursary for the workers to embark on these trainings.

With a population size of over 167million, if we can move 80million by air in a year within Nigeria alone, the avaition industry will contribute massively to Nigeria's GDP! We have the man-power, skills all that is required is the political will to get it down rightly!

Air Nigeria should not drag Nigeria's aviation industry to the dark days with poor maintenance culture! Enough of sending innocent Nigerians to their graves early!
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by mbulela: 11:11pm On Nov 17, 2011
typical Jimoh Ibrahim business.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by OURPEPTALK(m): 9:06am On Nov 18, 2011
Let us face the TRUTH, is there anything that involves Jimoh Ibrahim and wont end up messy as this?
The wickedness of men shows in every business they do.
I`m standing watch on Air nigeria.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by blayz0923: 9:30am On Nov 18, 2011
Kay-Dee:

Can u imagine that ?, Mr CEO gambling with people's lives.

I wouldn't fly with them for free !!

yea right.

jimoh ibrahim, i am now convinced, has lil or no knowledge bout the aviation business. do we remember nicon airline?
boneruns:

The 'lack of maintenance' culture in Nigeria is disheartening and cruel. One can imagine how many lives could have been saved if the crashed bellview and sosoliso airlines were duely maintained during their time of operations.

The problems of this country is not only the avaricious politicians but we as individuals. Our problems and solutions lies in our individual consciences. We all should be able to judge ourselves.
oga, pls get ur facts right. i can agree to that of sosoliso, but that of bellview was something aviation world hasnt unravled.
someone was sayin, d A320 is too big fo national routes, agreed. but then wat bout that of dana?
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by swintiney: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
Off course Jimoh Ibrahim na as usual. OBJ just sell our economy give company vampires wey specialize in eating live companies.
off course i dey fear my head make s, s no come pick me but even the vampires na our oga's delight. Afterall na him campaign sponsores to chop our companies.

one question wey i dey ask be which dey naija problems go finish?

Them kill banks, na we dey suffer am
Them kill refineries, na we dey suffer am
Them kill textile, na we dey suffer am
Them collect 30% of our budget as salary, na we dey suffer am
Them wan remove subsidy, na we wan suffer am
now them wan com use plane crash kill us again

Baba God abeg make u hear your children's cry oooooooooooooooo!
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by ikennahill: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2011
all 9ja airlines are cofin on air.If i have my way only 2 airlines will be allowed to fly.I mean all be merged into two. it is only in 9ja that somebody will run from no where and pay then board plane immediately.people need to buy ticket days b4 traveling.Nigeria
is a big shame
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Wellas14(m): 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2011
AIR NIGERIA deserves to be grounded permanently because they are very inconsistent and their flights are always reschedule\d due to one reason or another,
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by ayex0001: 11:08am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2011
NO WONDER RICHARD BRANSON TOOK OFF AND NEVER LOOKED BACK. HE SAW THAT 9JA WAS THE 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by hpewaddell: 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2011
It is easy to see how some employees would have a nonchalant attitude towards work in their work places. The person who fired this conscientious worker, himself should be fired. Imagine if this aircraft had been involved in an "accident" with over a hundred Nigerian lives on board, lost? Please reinstate Mr James Erigba for his great work.
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by otokx(m): 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2011
They have resumed
Re: Air Nigeria Flights Suspended From Operation Nationwide by dustydee: 8:31am On Nov 24, 2011
hope they have safety in mind

(1) (Reply)

Stunning Pictures Of Brazil That The Media Won't Show You(photos, Video) / FG In Talks With Boeing, Airbus Over Nigeria Air / Pictures Of Igbo Villages (post Your Igbo Village Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.