Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun (978 Views)

Richest Royal Family Of Saudi Is Worth 4 Times More Than Musk, Gates Combined / Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) / Reno Omokri: Dangote Was 25th Richest Person On Earth, Why He Dropped To 117th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by lawani: 3:29pm On Apr 07
Otura Ofun

No one on Earth is worth one billion dollars.

Let us use the hospitality sector as an example. The house I stay in Ijebu jesa is a 4 bedroom and 4 bath house and I believe 20 million naira will finish it up and it is hotel standard remaining furniture. This means that construction cost per room of hotel is around five million naira and economy of scale is still there to further shrink it. It will remain the furniture which can be managed at one million naira per room or less. A well finished hotel will cost a maximum of six million naira per room and it will remain.other areas like bar, kitchen, swimming pool, events hall and etc which can be finished with say 50 million naira or less for a small hotel of say forty rooms. Two hundred and fifty million naira should be able to finish a good hotel where thirty people will work. If it is four hotels the amount will be one billion naira and one hundred and twenty people will work there including managers, General manager, waiters, waitresses, kitchen assistants, chef, plumber, electrician, bar man and etc. There will be managers for the kitchen, house keeping, works and bar and then General manager. It will be a standard business where the GM is chauffeur driven. The total investment is worth around 250,000 dollars excluding land cost. It will be worth much less when everything is restructured with costs including energy costs crashing. I am using an exchange rate of one dollar to one thousand naira which is just to.use something because a dollar was over 1500 a while back.
It goes to show that one million.dollars will employ one hundred and twenty people in any sector because all sectors have their own infrastructure from banks to cattle ranches to hotel. Investment into infrastructure or stock as the case may be will be similar per head of employee from industry to industry. It will not differ by much.
One billion dollars will employ one hundred and twenty thousand people or a number not much different from that including top management, mid level, entry level, supervisors and minimum wage workers. Can we then say any human being on Earth is actually worth one billion dollars in 2024?.

1 Like

Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by helinues: 3:36pm On Apr 07
What's the name of the nurse that skipped her duty?

8 Likes

Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by KillIgbohoN0W: 3:38pm On Apr 07
Oluwole expert.
Na dem.
Sophisticated statisticians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Skooltynz: 3:39pm On Apr 07
Even Rihanna a singer is worth more than that

1 Like

Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by illicit(m): 3:42pm On Apr 07
You haven't heard of my brothers, Elon, Bill, Mark, Warren and their friends?

๐Ÿค•

1 Like

Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by ElSudani: 3:52pm On Apr 07
Very naive.
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by sunboy(m): 4:13pm On Apr 07
We canโ€™t blame poverty for this can we ?

Being poor shouldnโ€™t affect oneโ€™s mental capacity though. Somebody should take this man away from his village and let this man taste small life na.
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by CodeTemplar: 4:18pm On Apr 07
The post is making a very vital point that's well beyond the IQ of many commenters above.

1 Like

Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by helinues: 4:35pm On Apr 07
CodeTemplar:
The post is pointing a very vital point that well beyond the IQ of many commenters above.

The millionaires in New York state alone could be more than millionaires in the rest of the world.

Those who sabi are making this real mula
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Okoroawusa: 5:42pm On Apr 07
What did I just read?
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Paraman: 5:53pm On Apr 07
lawani:
Otura Ofun

Let us use the hospitality sector as an example. The house I stay in Ijebu jesa is a 4 bedroom and 4 bath house and I believe 20 million naira will finish it up and it is hotel standard remaining furniture. This means that construction cost per room of hotel is around five million naira and economy of scale is still there to further shrink it. It will remain the furniture which can be managed at one million naira per room or less. A well finished hotel will cost a maximum of six million naira per room and it will remain.other areas like bar, kitchen, swimming pool, events hall and etc which can be finished with say 50 million naira or less for a small hotel of say forty rooms. Two hundred and fifty million naira should be able to finish a good hotel where thirty people will work. If it is four hotels the amount will be one billion naira and one hundred and twenty people will work there including managers, General manager, waiters, waitresses, kitchen assistants, chef, plumber, electrician, bar man and etc. There will be managers for the kitchen, house keeping, works and bar and then General manager. It will be a standard business where the GM is chauffeur driven. The total investment is worth around 250,000 dollars excluding land cost. It will be worth much less when everything is restructured with costs including energy costs crashing. I am using an exchange rate of one dollar to one thousand naira which is just to.use something because a dollar was over 1500 a while back.
It goes to show that one million.dollars will employ one hundred and twenty people in any sector because all sectors have their own infrastructure from banks to cattle ranches to hotel. Investment into infrastructure or stock as the case may be will be similar per head of employee from industry to industry. It will not differ by much.
One billion dollars will employ one hundred and twenty thousand people or a number not much different from that including top management, mid level, entry level, supervisors and minimum wage workers. Can we then say any human being on Earth is actually worth one billion dollars in 2024?.

There's over 2000 billionaires around the world. I will still join the list
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Ttalk: 5:55pm On Apr 07
His post appeared to be like an answer sheet of someone who copied from his friends
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Christlike01: 6:08pm On Apr 07
lawani:
Otura Ofun

Stop embarrassing yourself,man!
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by FEGNO: 6:22pm On Apr 07
Only God sabi wetin this guy smoke
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Irupetepete: 7:35pm On Apr 07
helinues:
What's the name of the nurse that skipped her duty?
๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Irupetepete: 7:35pm On Apr 07
Na wa o, people full this country Sha ๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by lyriclekidd(m): 8:49pm On Apr 07
Typing nonsense with full confidence. You must be related to APC.
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by bullabong(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07
CodeTemplar:
The post is pointing a very vital point that well beyond the IQ of many commenters above.
Exactly my thoughts too...empty barrels.....But I'm seeing a rehthoric economist point here.
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by Sirianese: 10:46pm On Apr 07
lawani:
Otura Ofun

You're not taking automation into account dude

PS: Seun and his fellow monkeys have banned me from the politics section so I had to tell you this here: Wole Soyinka became a professor in 1975, approximately a decade before he got the Nobel
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by lawani: 1:46am On Apr 08
Sirianese:

You're not taking automation into account dude

PS: Seun and his fellow monkeys have banned me from the politics section so I had to tell you this here: Wole Soyinka became a professor in 1975, approximately a decade before he got the Nobel

There is no company in any industry that does not have infrastructure per capital. No matter the level of automation. You can take them.one by one and check. The story about Soyinka was told me by people who knew him. He did not supervise any PhD before becoming a Professor.
Re: Nobody on Earth is worth one billion dollars- Otura Ofun by ThothHermes: 2:22am On Apr 08
Another reason we need the block button on Nairaland. Shebi I for just block this person now.

(1) (Reply)

New Internet Business Opportunity / Info On Running A Palm Plantation / Any Hr Guru In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.