Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures (2615 Views)

Isi Agu Styles For Women / Couple Rock Traditional Isi-agu Fabric For White Wedding. Yes Or No? / Isi Agu Hightop Sneakers - Fashion Sense Has No Limits! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by attackgat: 5:11pm On Apr 07
The Isi-Agu, the tradition attire of Igbos, is now being used as flowing wedding gown.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by kestolove95(m): 5:16pm On Apr 07
Nice one... Let's do away with that white shit ND suit on our wedding day

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Armaggedon: 5:19pm On Apr 07
You guys should get a life. Wearing it for wedding is of no significance and more of an abuse of a material that signifies valour.
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Blackbelly(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07
In fairness, the isiagu is a very beautiful attire.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Morbeta11(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07
Beautiful people .......

1 Like

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Morbeta11(m): 5:22pm On Apr 07
Armaggedon:
You guys should get a life. Wearing it for wedding is of no significance and more of an abuse of a material that signifies valour.

Bicycle owner with a Tesla opinion. Is it your money they used to buy the materials? Poor man with bad mouth.

12 Likes

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by kettykin: 5:29pm On Apr 07
Please can someone enlighten me on the history of this obsession with the head of a tiger, lion , leopard, sometimes antelope and some very rare instances dog head but never the head of a cow or hyena or fox.

The evolution into its present use for ground breaking business operations and exotic weddings is beautiful and transformational

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by yarimo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 07
Mteeeew undecided undecided undecided
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by paramakina202: 5:35pm On Apr 07
kettykin:
Please can someone enlighten me on the history of this obsession with the head of a tiger, lion , leopard, sometimes antelope and some very rare instances dog head but never the head of a cow or hyena or fox.

The evolution into its present use for ground breaking business operations and exotic weddings is beautiful and transformational

Dog, hyena and cow is not revered in Igboland like the big cat family.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Armaggedon: 5:37pm On Apr 07
Morbeta11:

Bicycle owner with a Tesla opinion. Is it your money they used to buy the materials? Poor man with bad mouth.
A man who uses his father's Tesla is not qualified to sit in a meeting of bicycle owners.

Replying lunatics is not my thing except to help them get educated. Isiagu is a ceremonial attire for Igbo titled men. In few years time Igbos will cry over its abuse, forgetting they lead the abuse.

If you want to promote Igbo culture, promote our values such as Igba nkwu over white wedding and our way of life that work for us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Hyperchi(m): 5:45pm On Apr 07
Armaggedon:
A man who uses his father's Tesla is not qualified to sit in a meeting of bicycle owners.

Replying lunatics is not my thing except to help them get educated. Isiagu is a ceremonial attire for Igbo titled men. In few years time Igbos will cry over its abuse, forgetting they lead the abuse.

If you want to promote Igbo culture, promote our values such as Igba nkwu over white wedding and our way of life that work for us.
A man with his father Tesla have noting to do with bicycle Union, class na class. Coz all the bicycle owner must turn when he drive by
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Morbeta11(m): 5:49pm On Apr 07
Armaggedon:

Mazi Okeke Nnam....you dey watch too much Nollywood.....

1 Like

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Armaggedon: 5:58pm On Apr 07
Hyperchi:

A man with his father Tesla have noting to do with bicycle Union, class na class. Coz all the bicycle owner must turn when he drive by

Onye aturu ilu kowara ya, I mara na ego who Luta nne ya Lara n'iyi.

He who needs an explanation of a proverb given to him denigrates his mother's bride price.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by kettykin: 6:01pm On Apr 07
paramakina202:

Dog, hyena and cow is not revered in Igboland like the big cat family.

Thanks for the insight

1 Like

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by VinnyBaba: 6:09pm On Apr 07
Igboph0bic TRIBALISTS won't like this Thread.😌😌
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by VinnyBaba: 6:09pm On Apr 07
Igboph0bic TRIBALISTS won't like this Thread.πŸ˜’πŸ˜’
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by samwash(m): 6:18pm On Apr 07
I think say this attire na only titled men dey ware ham for igbo land.
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Seefinish: 6:24pm On Apr 07
Beautiful I must say.
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by victorclean(f): 6:43pm On Apr 07
Keep causing confusion. Ebinpawarians won't be happy with you.

They hate you people especially outshining them in all indices
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Mindlog: 6:59pm On Apr 07
The Catholic Church in the spirit of inculturation, incorporates cultural identities in her vestments such as Chasubles.

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by LegendHero(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07
This cloth lack class anytime I see it.

E come be like chair cover.
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by richiemcgold: 7:07pm On Apr 07
LegendHero:
This cloth lack class anytime I see it.

E come be like chair cover.

grin grin grin
Chair cover?
You can use a better word nah
.. simply call it upholstery material
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Nyouth: 7:08pm On Apr 07
Armaggedon:

you are wise bro, many children these day only reasoning is of now nothing like tomorrow in their sense,

1 Like

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Olachase(m): 7:12pm On Apr 07
So what special about this? it Ur region culture why celebrating,

Imagine a Yoruba man celebrating cus he heat Amala first we should ask him if he's sick πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Rexymania(m): 7:15pm On Apr 07
This cloth fit Buhari pass those nonsense wey him dey wear
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Gadafii: 7:21pm On Apr 07
This is very beautiful

I can see some people already hating on it, how exactly are we going to progress and advance if we can't even accept and appreciate our own

Same people that berated airpeace for using this same attire are here lamenting and demeaning the attire

We have come a long way as a people yet little progress, and we still have a long way to go and the future doesn't even look promising for us we the way we have chosen to be as a people

Wether it's igbo or yoruba or urhobo, out own is our own, is we do t accept and promote it, who will

The white wedding attire we have accepted is the culture and tradition of the whites, that's why I would never understand why we do traditional wedding then still go ahead wasting money to do white wedding, both are traditional weddings
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:27pm On Apr 07
Armaggedon:
Ashiere
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by RisenObinna: 7:42pm On Apr 07
yarimo:
Mteeeew undecided undecided undecided
Oya go and die grin grin
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by onecansee: 7:43pm On Apr 07
ThìsGlobe.com pictures
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by naijapips02: 7:44pm On Apr 07
It's fuckkking ugly

1 Like

Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Styluss: 8:15pm On Apr 07
no disrespect to the Igbos but the cloth isnt worth the hype, just some plain cotton with Lion stickers

richiemcgold:

grin grin grin
Chair cover?
You can use a better word nah
.. simply call it upholstery material
grin grin grin
Re: Igbos Elevate 'Isi-agu' To The Next Level - Pictures by Hyperchi(m): 8:33pm On Apr 07
Armaggedon:

Onye aturu ilu kowara ya, I mara na ego who Luta nne ya Lara n'iyi.

He who needs an explanation of a proverb given to him denigrates his mother's bride price.
Is very stupid of u to talk of mother and explaining proverbs, so we should clap for lunatic like u.
Face the topic and don't tink we don't value and promote traditional weeding. Some one like u preaching of the abuse of isi Agu , take it as promoting the culture very soon every Igbo man will love to use it, what about Star material is it not used to make cloth for all.
During ur weeding use Grass as u won promote our fore father's.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hair And Beauty Show In Nigeria / Hey Guy, Meet This Year's Miss Bum Bum Brazil..... (yes I Said Bum Bum) / Check Out 55 Stunning And Creative Ankara Skirt And Blouse You Should Try Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.