Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Afamefula, The Movie. My Personal Review. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Afamefula, The Movie. My Personal Review. (208 Views)

Junior Pope In The Making Of The Movie "The Other Side Of Life" (Video) / Movie - My Name Is Vendetta (2022) Mp4 Download / A Must Watch Movie - My Lodge Mate (18 Years And Above Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afamefula, The Movie. My Personal Review. by chatinent: 6:52pm On Apr 07
I saw the movie and think the suspense is great overall but I don't understand Odogwu's daughter. How do you get scammed of ₦1m and still go back to him to incubate? Isn't she just dumb?

The switch between Hausa and Igbo by Segun Arinze was cra'y! I loved it.

And I really didn't understand what the Paulo blackmail really mattered! Oh yeah, tell the world the child isn't mine..so what?!

I also saw the irony in the name. At first, one would think Afam would turn out to be useless but after getting accustomed to the Lasgidi ways and learning the business, rather than looking at women wagging their behinds, he became the one who concentrates the more.

Also, the storyline of Afam stealing Paulo's settlement rites and time doesn't make sense! And didn't really add up to the sustainable envy that even grew to their adulthood...it looked more like the movie directors ran out of scripts so the plot was necessary to keep the movie under the suspense of "who killed Paulo." IN SHORTER TERMS, it became more like a mystery murder story that the actual Nwa Boi story..

Overall, it talks great of the Igbo apprenticeship pattern but had more of a crime scene too!

And guess what, Kanayo didn't use anyone for ritual! Isn't that concerning?

Anyways, what's your review?

2 Likes

Re: Afamefula, The Movie. My Personal Review. by Natbrowny: 8:34pm On Apr 07
chatinent:
I saw the movie and think the suspense is great overall but I don't understand Odogwu's daughter. How do you get scammed of ₦1m and still go back to him to incubate? Isn't she just dumb?

I'll try and see that movie with this review. But the part highlighted. Be like the EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION was RAW. No diluting, no mixing 😂

I don't knw man.. 👍
Re: Afamefula, The Movie. My Personal Review. by chatinent: 9:14pm On Apr 07
Natbrowny:

I'll try and see that movie with this review. But the part highlighted. Be like the EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION was RAW. No diluting, no mixing 😂

I don't knw man.. 👍

Too many plots were introduced but it's not bad sha
Re: Afamefula, The Movie. My Personal Review. by PrinceJoeWan(m): 11:08pm On Apr 07
Any link to download!
Re: Afamefula, The Movie. My Personal Review. by chatinent: 7:11am On Apr 09
PrinceJoeWan:
Any link to download!

It's on Netflix.

(1) (Reply)

Correct Scores / Romantic Ground Seller (part 1) / Need Extra Skills But Have A Job? We've Got You Covered Here On Weekends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.