Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Scorned - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Scorned (59 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scorned by Sochi001(f): 7:08pm On Apr 07
Prologue
(Background music: love yourself by
Justin Bieber)

Thunder strikes, the pitter patter of rain drops echoes through out the whole building. The lights were out, the lightening were the only thing that illuminated the room.

As the rains build, crazily drumming hazardly against the roof, warning, taunting and making the night all more damned, my anxiety peaks, fear gnawing at my ferocious soul. The ember of light supposedly meant to light my whole being flickering to a dangerous stop.

No, this is my fight!

I stand, commanding the demons threatening to be the end of me to keep their damned voices quite. I didn't want to hear, didn't want to feel. Yes, I couldn't let them win this last battle, couldn't let them corrupt the littlest courage in me. I needed to fight.

So I stand, emerging like a wounded lioness finally realising who she is, the power she holds and what she is to become. Wounded but not condemned I drag my injured leg to the coffee table where lying generously is a kitchen knife Philip had used to butter his bread.

A snarl escapes my throat, evil dancing in my once feminine eyes, soul at the verge of triumph. Yes, finally.

At last, I'd accomplish all that my spirit has always wanted. Revenge

Taking long powerful strides to my unconscious prey, lying on the tiled floor, breathing heavily from the impact of a flower vase that I had crashed on his head moments ago. A flower vase supposedly meant for me, for my head.

Lounging forward, I strike......

(1) (Reply)

Pro Unitate Diary / Poetree / How To Write Great Blog Articles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.