Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote (17573 Views)

Petrol: Oil Marketers Shut Filling Stations As Scarcity Spreads To Lagos, Enviro / Forex Crisis: Marketers Propose ₦‎720/Litre, Suspend Fuel Imports / N300 Per Litre Price Of Petrol Is Not Bad – Petroleum Minister, Sylva (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by barry75: 11:20am On Apr 08
But what sort of a nation are we? Three wks ago the gmd of nnpc before the national assembly vowed that the portharcourt refinery will make pms available for Nigerians beginning from the last week of March 2024. He swore that there was not going to be any excuse, but one week after all appears to be lies and nobody including the minister of information is saying nothing about it
Journalist should fish out where this gmd is and demand from him why he derives great pleasure in been economical with the truth
He even swore that day that Kaduna refinery come what may shall in December this year commence dispensing pms to Nigerians
Westin dey happen Naija,,?
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by olurotimi(m): 11:21am On Apr 08
It should be lower than 550naira per litre, most of these middle men are greedy.
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by ufotunang: 11:21am On Apr 08
If you propose 550 naira for Dangote to sell to petroleum marketers then.petroleum markers will have to sell at 650.naira.. then what is the difference...then what was the essence of the Dangote refinery ...with this Dangote refinery if fuel cannot be sold at least,300 naira per litre...then this Dangote refinery was just a waste of time and scam
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by Mercury12(m): 11:36am On Apr 08
Werey oil marketers. These evil set people are Nigeria problem
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by drlateef: 11:41am On Apr 08
Kuginzi:
By

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/petrol-oil-marketers-propose-n550-litre-price-to-dangote/amp/

And where is Mele Kyari who claimed there would be no change in prices if Dangote comes on stream?

1 Like

Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by drlateef: 11:45am On Apr 08
rinzaugustine:
Lol..let us view this with common sense. Tinubu said he increased Nigeria oil production to 1.5m bpd. Nigerian oil, Venezuela etc is known as sweet crude and one of the best in the world. The aim of dangote building a refinery was to receive crude from Niger delta, refine it and make fuel, kerosene and diesel cheaper than imported ones and save Nigeria trillions of naira in loss to petroleum importation. Why would same dangote now need a large chunk of the country’s foreign exchange to import petroleum products from overseas at rates subsidized by FG for a completed refinery, similar to what petroleum marketers have done in the past more than 20 years?

What you don’t understand is that the subsidy cabal in NNPC has been frustrating Dangote from lifting crude oil from Nigeria. Until Dangote deals with them by buying from abroad, they will not relent. When they see that price of petrol is low and the product is available, they will realise the game is up. They cannot sabotage Dangote anymore. Then they will sell directly to him.
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by rinzaugustine: 12:17pm On Apr 08
drlateef:

What you don’t understand is that the subsidy cabal in NNPC has been frustrating Dangote from lifting crude oil from Nigeria. Until Dangote deals with them by buying from abroad, they will not relent. When they see that price of petrol is low and the product is available, they will realise the game is up. They cannot sabotage Dangote anymore. Then they will sell directly to him.
that might be true but my mind tells me a different thing..that the refinery was never completed and the cost of completing is now unattainable so they want to use it as an Avenue to start fuel importation. When I saw them last year showing videos of trucks crude oil going inside there to refine I knew something was wrong
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by rinzaugustine: 12:18pm On Apr 08
unitysheart:

Calm down.

Nigeria have obligations to fulfill for now. Don't forget that they have agreed to various swap deals before now. Until they see out those agreed deals, they may not be able to supply what Dangote fully needs.
okay I will calm down and watch the scenario playing out but my mind tells me a different thing..that the refinery was never completed and the cost of completing is now unattainable so they want to use it as an Avenue to start fuel importation. When I saw them last year showing videos of trucks crude oil going inside there to refine I knew something was wrong
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by rinzaugustine: 12:24pm On Apr 08
frankputer:

Have you forgotten that your
The last administration collected loan in USD,
With a promise to pay back with crude oil for a period of some years. ?
So you don’t know what have been going on ?
That’s why Dangote need to catch/level up by importing
why not import from Ghana or Equatorial Guinea or the rest around here instead of America products that are ten times more expensive. I believe the Indians he contacted to do the refinery scammed him and my mind tells me the refinery was never completed and the cost of completing is now unattainable so they want to use it as an Avenue to start fuel importation. When I saw them last year showing videos of crude oil trucks going inside there to refine I knew something was wrong
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by frog12: 12:24pm On Apr 08
no be another monopoly dem dey give DANGOTE be dis ?
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by nnewsnjobs: 12:34pm On Apr 08
Depot owner buy from NNPC at #556 per liter, you are proposing #550 for Dangote.

The difference is #6. Can #6 cover the logistics cost from abroad to Nigeria per liter. You are not being realistic.

Calculate the logistics and insurance cost per liter from abroad to Nigeria and minus it from #556, then Dangote should sell at that rate.

Or are you people secretly working for Dangote. NNPC should tell Dangote how much they are buying it excluding the logistics to Nigeria. That is the amount he should sell it or even less.
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by KORLAR(m): 1:09pm On Apr 08
eddyline:
If 550 is what they are proposing to Dangote, then it means that there wont be much difference in price at all.

There will.
Independent marketers get it at 640 from depot owners who get it at 555 from Nnpc.

I believe that if independent marketers get it at 550 from Dangote rather that 640 from depot owners, it’d retail for lower than it presently is.
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by Iamanoited: 2:27pm On Apr 08
DANGOTE SHOULD PLEASE MAKE IT N500 PER LITER.
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by oyatz(m): 2:33pm On Apr 08
samomoli:
The government told us, if dangote refinery comes on board prices will crash massively, what is now the difference in price of petrol

You can build a small Refinery in your State and be selling petrol at #200/Litre.

1 Like

Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by drlateef: 2:44pm On Apr 08
rinzaugustine:
that might be true but my mind tells me a different thing..that the refinery was never completed and the cost of completing is now unattainable so they want to use it as an Avenue to start fuel importation. When I saw them last year showing videos of trucks crude oil going inside there to refine I knew something was wrong

You are completely wrong. Dangote has started selling diesel to oil marketers and will start selling petrol from next month.
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by rinzaugustine: 2:53pm On Apr 08
drlateef:

You are completely wrong. Dangote has started selling diesel to oil marketers and will start selling petrol from next month.
time will tell who is wrong or right
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by Lamanii22(f): 3:01pm On Apr 08
Babzrockman:

We need more people of your mentality as Nigerians. We need to patronize our own to fight this dollar

But Nigerian rice is not too good, it's too heavy doesn't taste nice
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by Teymanhenry(f): 6:11pm On Apr 08
These markers are bunch of wicked mofos. So they want Nigerians to continue buying fuel at 600 plus? Where is the advantage of the dangote refinery ?
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by MetaMatrix: 6:28pm On Apr 08
This is the greediest Nigerian. If not for Rabiu, dangote cement for be #50,000 per bag.
Re: Petrol: Oil Marketers Propose N550/litre Price To Dangote by lavylilly: 6:36pm On Apr 10
keemsleek:

A lot of modular refineries are coming up , one is in imo state, another in Edo state etc. Check out modular refineries in Nigeria.
Modular refineries in Nigeria are currently facing the threat of shutting down operations following their inability to access foreign exchange for the purchase of crude oil

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Elechi Served Impeachment Notice By Ebonyi House Of Assembly / Okorocha Resuscitates Otamiri Water Scheme As Water Now Runs In Owerri (pics) / Photo Of Buhari And Lawyers At National Judicial Institute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.