Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,123 members, 7,821,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me (292 Views)

10 Things That Happen To Your Health If You Don’t Eat Meat / CORONAVIRUS: Kano overtakes FCT with total confirmed cases, records 80 in 24 hrs / Antibiotics Can Hurt Your Health If Not Properly Used (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by epainos: 8:09am On Apr 08
Introduction
Nigerians need to buckle up to survive the challenges we are presently facing. If you are over 35 to 60 years old, I am sure you understand what is called educational frustration in Nigeria. The days of "aluta" when schools were closed anyhow. If you are around 40 to 55 years old, you didn't have Internet or you went to cyber cafe in those days. Those who are 55 years plus did not have Internet at all. This is what I call Nigerian dark years. "Only rich pikin dey go abroad na. Abi a lie?" But these days, kids japa anyhow. Write SAT, TOEFL, and bla bla bla....that's it. Scholarships here and there. (Germany, US, Canada, EU, etc.)

Now think about this. After these struggle and you give up at 55 years. Ha ba! I am sure many of you reading this who are 35+ ...if you never "kpeme", you are nursing something you don't want, and the "sh*t" is rubbing you off money you suppose to use to enjoy your life. Ha ba!

What if you can try to correct these issues you are facing? It is possible. Though, I don't promise anyone 100% guaranteed method, but my suggestions will likely give you a better quality life. It is all about these two areas:

1. Lifestyle change
2. Diet

The State of Health in Nigeria
Nigeria faces a complex health landscape. While the country strives for improvement, several challenges persist. Here's a breakdown of key areas:

Life Expectancy
Life expectancy in Nigeria is lower compared to developed nations. According to the World Bank, in 2020, it was 55.7 years for males and 54.6 years for females. This is influenced by various factors like infectious diseases, malnutrition, and limited access to quality healthcare. Sadly, it dropped in 2021 to 51 years and 53 years for males and females, respectively. The latest data on the World Bank website is 2022, so just imagine the present rates in 2024 that most are shouting "ebi n pa wa." Chai! I don't have any data on suicides in Nigeria, but you and I have been reading several occurences on NL front-page, and we can see that it has been on the rise recently. Why? Frustrations here and there.

Cancer
Cancer rates in Nigeria are on the rise. A 2020 study published in the Nigerian Journal of Medicine found an increasing prevalence of common cancers like breast and cervical cancer [Afolabi et al., 2020]. This highlights the need for improved cancer screening and treatment programs.

High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a significant public health concern in Nigeria. A study published in the International Journal of Hypertension in 2017 estimated that nearly one-quarter of the adult population suffers from hypertension [Ifegwu et al., 2017]. This can be attributed to factors like unhealthy diets, lack of physical activity, and low awareness.

Autoimmune Diseases
Data on the specific prevalence of autoimmune diseases in Nigeria is limited. However, research suggests a rising trend. A 2019 article in the Annals of Medical and Health Sciences Research points towards an increase in cases of autoimmune diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and rheumatoid arthritis [Olusanya et al., 2019]. Further research is needed to understand the reasons behind this rise.

Here are some other autoimmune diseases of concern in Nigeria, though data on their prevalence might be limited:

Psoriasis
Sjögren's syndrome
Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Type 1 diabetes
Multiple sclerosis
Myasthenia gravis
Addison's disease
Hashimoto's thyroiditis
Graves' disease

Nigeria's healthcare system faces challenges like understaffing, limited infrastructure, and unequal access to healthcare across different regions. These factors contribute to the burden of these diseases.

Note
Most of my suggestions will be backed up with already published materials and accepted online statistical websites. Also, I will give tips on how to do many simple activities that will have a positive impact on your health.

Feel free to ask questions.

I am not a doctor, and I am not suggesting you should abandon the health care methodology you are presently following. Nope. My suggestions are only for educational purposes. Please consult with your physician before you do anything. Please, don't say that you will abandon your medications because you feel positive towards any suggestions here or because you are convinced by a paper I will be posting. Na beg a dey beg you sirs and mas oooo.

I am doing this because I was bombarded with private emails via this forum due to some previous posts I made about the importance of diets and natural lifestyle eating habits.

If you want to keep doctors away, the secret is behind a healthy lifestyle and diet. Just remember this.

Sources
Afolabi, O. O., Olugbenga, O. O., Adebamowo, C. A., Adejuyigbe, O. A., & Ademiluyi, I. A. (2020). Cancer burden in Nigeria: A review of its epidemiology, prevention, and control. Nigerian Journal of Medicine, 29(6), 822-832.

Ifegwu, O. N., Afolabi, T. T., & Ige, P. F. (2017). The rising prevalence of hypertension in Nigeria: Cause for concern. International journal of hypertension, 2017. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8678849/

Olusanya, O. O., Owolabi, O. L., & Ajayi, O. O. (2019). The increasing burden of autoimmune rheumatic diseases in developing countries: The Nigerian situation. Annals of medical and health sciences research, 9(5), 1272.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8768036/

World Bank. Life expectancy at birth, male (years) - Nigeria. https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.LE00.MA.IN?locations=NG]. Retrieved April 8, 2024.

World Bank. Life expectancy at birth, female (years) - Nigeria.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.LE00.FE.IN?locations=NG. Retrieved April 8, 2024.
Re: Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by epainos: 7:08am On Apr 09
When I decided to make a change, I decided to use scientifically verified case studies and not just information from blogs and YouTube channels. I don't understand how someone posts an ad here that what he is selling can cure almost everything. Lol. And you buy into it. Seriously, I don't get it. But I don't blame you....you are just desperate, and these sellers played on your desperation. Next time, seek knowledge. And this is the next time. Pay attention to the details, and then, you can formulate your strategy. My approach is to give you principles, and then, use your head to get it done. If you are confused about anything, feel free to reach me.

Blue Zones: Unveiling the Secrets of Longevity
The world holds pockets of populations with exceptional longevity. These regions, dubbed "Blue Zones" by researcher Dan Buettner, have captured scientific interest for their remarkably high concentrations of centenarians (people living past 100 years).

So, I said to myself: these people living in these zone no get two heads na. If they live up to 100 years in good health, why can't I? Wait ooooo! It means that Nigerians dying at 53 years are so unfortunate. Just imagine what you could have achieved for another 50 years. What a tragedy! Yet, many don't care...until it is too late. I always say it that....Las Las...we go chop your akara and say RIP. And what next? We move on. Lol. Life goes on. You are the one terminated prematurely. Period. So, continue your lifestyle and keep eating junks. Na your die. I always say this.

Let's talk about the lifestyles and diets that characterize these Blue Zones:

1. Sardinia, Italy
Lifestyle: Sardinians prioritize strong social networks and family bonds. They practice a concept called "centoporte" which translates to "100 doors," signifying being welcome and supported by multiple households. Additionally, many Sardinians engage in daily physical activity through occupations like shepherding [Buettner, 2012].

Diet: The Sardinian diet is heavily plant-based, featuring whole grains like barley, legumes (especially fava beans), and a generous amount of fruits and vegetables. They consume dairy products moderately, primarily sheep's milk cheese, and meat in smallportions, typically sourced from wild boars [Blue Zones, n.d.].

2. Okinawa, Japan
Lifestyle: Okinawans practice a philosophy called "ikigai," which translates to "reason for being" and emphasizes finding purpose in life. They also prioritize social connections and belonging, with a strong sense of community. Additionally, Okinawans tend to have a natural movement routine incorporated into their daily activities [Buettner, 2012].
Diet: The Okinawan diet is renowned for its focus on longevity foods like sweet potatoes, seaweed, and minimally processed soy products like tofu. They consume moderate amounts of fish and very little meat [Willcox et al., 2006].

3. Nicoya, Costa Rica
Lifestyle: Nicoyans live a life of "pura vida" (pure life), characterized by a laid-back and stress-free approach. They prioritize strong social connections and a sense of community. Their lifestyle also incorporates natural movement through daily activities like working on family farms [Buettner, 2012].
Diet: Nicoyans' diet is rich in plant-based staples like beans, corn tortillas, and various fruits and vegetables. They consume meat sparingly, typically chicken or pork, and in small portions [Blue Zones, n.d.].

4. Ikaria, Greece
Lifestyle: Ikarians prioritize daily walks and physical activity in their natural environment. They also maintain strong social networks and a strong sense of community. Additionally, Ikarians practice regular afternoon naps and stress-reduction techniques [Buettner, 2012].
Diet: The Ikarian diet is heavily plant-based, featuring vegetables, whole grains, legumes (especially lentils), and olive oil. Fish and seafood are consumed moderately, while red meat is a rare occurrence [Sofi et al., 2014].

5. Loma Linda, California, USA
Lifestyle: Seventh-day Adventists in Loma Linda practice a strong emphasis on faith and a plant-based diet. They prioritize regular physical activity, abstain from smoking and alcohol, and emphasize the importance of rest and relaxation [Buettner, 2012].
Diet: Loma Linda residents follow a predominantly vegetarian diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and legumes. Meat consumption is very low [Fraser, 2013].

Commonalities Across Blue Zones

While geographical and cultural differences exist, some key lifestyle and dietary patterns emerge across Blue Zones:

Plant-Based Focus: All Blue Zones prioritize plant-based foods like vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and legumes.
Moderate Meat Consumption: Meat is consumed sparingly and in small portions, typically favoring lean options or fish.
Daily Movement: Blue Zone residents integrate natural movement into their daily lives, often through work or hobbies.
Strong Social Ties: Social connections, a sense of community, and belonging are crucial aspects of life in Blue Zones.
Stress Management: Practices like napping, spending time in nature, and strong social support networks contribute to stress reduction.

Please note that these lifestyle and dietary patterns are not quick fixes but rather long-term habits that contribute to a healthy and potentially longer life. I have adopted these into my life, and I am seeing the results. Listen to me....it is extremely very hard to follow these principles in the urban settings. This is the truth. So, the ball is in your court. You either find a way out anyhow, or you "die your die prematurely." Period!

You will NEVER pay attention to garbage promoted on NL again. This herb....that herb... The old women sef selling them...are they healthy? Are they not among those dying 53 years. I call them old because they look extremely older than their age. Yet, you buy rubbish from them. I pity you. One small boy go just dey post nonsense products here, and you sef dey fall for such. Na wa ooo!

I have developed a program based on blue zones, and this is what I am sharing with you in this thread. Here are the areas I am going to cover:

1. Plant-based diet. The right quality. If you dey buy vegetables and salad from market.....na your die. Period.

2. Meat & Poultry. I will share a few tips if you are ready to change. If you want to take it to a greater level, a dey ground and a full am. I will give you tips on livestock and birds you can easily raise. No more "ebi n pa wa" during this Bola Tinubu era. Lol. But I know 99.9% of you will not make the attempt cos no time and no space. Na your die .... I repeat. You are not as busy as I was, but I had to re-evaluate my life, and I let many things go. After some months of letting some things go so I can focus on this journey, I realised that those things were hindrances. Do you want to hold on to your busy life? We go chop na. Na that chop dey drive you on 200km/hr to six feet below. If you like, don't change.

3. What about food that can last many months? If clean, why not? You are busy. Eat good meat that has been preserved like in the olden days instead of buying "evil fresh meat and poultry" in the market. Preserve your clean eggs instead of buying so called fresh but are produced with antibiotics, chemicals, growth hormones, and they have bad fat eggs.... express road to high blood pressure...no traffic.....no go slow. Hahahha! Chai! If you understand how eggs are produced in Nigeria...mehn! You will never touch them again. If you have to pay times 10 for every product you eat during this program, go for it. Close your eyes and go for 1 year straight up. Then check yourself afterward. Good health needs huge investment. Invest heavily in your health. Biko! But if you wanna die by 50 years, then, 10 times the price of the food you buy presently is rubbish. If you cannot afford to buy, then, do everything possible to produce them yourself. But you can't still produce them. Lol. Keep on eating indomie and "bad fresh eggs". Load bread Wella! Dash off to mama put every break time to eat round-about, panmo, and bla bla bla that are deadly produced. Na your express road to six feet below.

4. Clean fish. You dey buy dried cat and tilapia fish from evil farmers, and you think it is OK. Hahahhahah! Na your die. Funny! You think you are eating healthy fish and on top pay premium price for them. Hahahhaha! Go and see how these people use antibiotics and chemicals to grow these things na. Ha! No be me. These things I am mentioning here are worse than American SAD. They are far worse than clogging your gut with fatty bugger, pizza, and sausages. Yes. Believe me.

What am I saying? Over 99% of the food (vegetable, grains, flour, seeds, meat, dairy, fish, etc) we buy from the Nigerian market or from some random farmers are all poisons. If you disbelieve me, go to Agric section on NL and check threads on how to raise chicken, fish, goats, ram, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, corn, legumes, etc....go and see the disgusting and killing chemicals they use. Ha! Na die ooooo!

References
Blue Zones. (n.d.). Food Guidelines. [Search for "Blue Zones Food Guidelines"]
Buettner, D. (2012). The Blue Zones: 2nd edition: 9 Lessons Learned from the Longest Living People in the World. [Fourth Estate]

Fraser, G. E. (2013). Associations between dietary patterns and mortality in Adventist Health Study 2. JAMA internal medicine, 173(9), 835- [Search for "Fraser GE, Adventist Health Study 2 diet and mortality JAMA internal medicine"]

Sofi, M., Baccellieri, M., Babini, D., Titi, L., Fogliata, A., PAOLA HD, et al. (2014). Physical activity and diet in the elderly of Ikaria: results from the Ikaria Study. Archives of internal medicine, 174(17), 1680-1686. [Search for "Sofi M, Baccellieri M, et al. Physical activity and diet in the elderly of Ikaria: results from the Ikaria Study. Arch Intern Med. 2014;174(17):1680-1686."]

Willcox, D. C., Willcox, B. J., Todoroki, H., Fujiwara, S., Yasuda, K., & Suzuki, M. (2006). The Okinawa Program: how the longest-lived people in the world live longer.

Simon and Schuster. [Search for "Willcox DC, Willcox BJ, Todoroki H, et al. The Okinawa Program: how the longest-lived people in the world live longer. Simon and Schuster. 2006"]
Re: Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by LIVINGICONREBOR: 11:01am On Apr 09
This is very good stuff. Ride on.👍👍
Re: Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by epainos: 3:31pm On Apr 09
Nigerian Grains Are Deadly Poisons

Se una dey go soon bombard my thread that I am writing rubbish. Right? Hold on.

I was at the market a few weeks ago because I want to make wheatgrass microgreens. So, I bought a derica of wheat grains. I got home and tried processing it...mehn... day 1, day 2, day 3, day 4....grains did not sprout. I was like wet in dey happen." I returned to the same person and decided to buy corn, millet, pear millet, and white and red sorghum. I got home started again...and I was dazzled that non sprouted again. I said...it is over. Definitely, this seller or whoever he is buying from is using a dangerous chemical to store grains in the warehouse. Imagine ooo. GMO seeds plenty for market.....farmers bombard GMO seeds with chemicals. Na these ones we still dey shout...now...those traders who bought from farmers and store in warehouses use chemicals on these food items again. So many banned products abroad are what they use in Nigeria. They must make a profit.

I can NEVER again in my life eat Nigerian grains again. NEVER! Palliative rice....OMG! Hahahaha....Na Pallative knockout dem suppose call am. Lol.

EU has placed a total ban on Nigerian Cowpeas (Beans) since 2013
I remember vividly that the first warning was in 2008 that Nigerian beans always have above the recommended pesticide residues. Nigeria refused to do anything about it until 2013 when a total ban was placed. 11 years later, Nigeria even gets worse in this regard. That is beans oooo! See eh! Continue eating Nigerian fresh grains na. Hehehe. Wet in we go chop? No worry! Continue. Keep chopping cancer and autoimmune diseases.

https://gazettengr.com/u-s-eu-ban-on-nigerian-beans-export-remains-fg/#:~:text=In%202015%2C%20the%20EU%20banned,pesticide%2C%20considered%20harmful%20to%20health.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/agriculture/382584-cowpea-nigeria-to-come-out-of-eu-ban-in-2021.html?tztc=1

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/agriculture/382584-cowpea-nigeria-to-come-out-of-eu-ban-in-2021.html?tztc=1

https://guardian.ng/news/nigeria-loses-362-5m-yearly-to-dried-beans-ban/

Audu Ogbe failed "excellently" and wasted billions of Naira when he started his yam exporting program

Sebi dem talk say Audu Ogbe na correct farmer. Lol. Baba no find solution to am ooo. Lol.

https://www.thecable.ng/us-rejects-nigerias-yam-export-over-poor-quality/amp/

Instead of the failed old man to accept his mistakes and correct them, he defended himself by making it political. Lol. See how dem dey play ludo with your health. Lol.

https://punchng.com/reports-about-rejection-of-nigerian-yams-in-us-uk-political-ogbeh/?amp

OK. US is political, and Britain asked him to bring them. Instead of malam to correct his mistakes, na slap the British slapped him.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/britains-rejection-nigerian-yams-fg-wont-relent-export-initiative-ogbe/amp/

But check am out na. Those rejected food items are what you consume, and you want to live long. How? As in how? Those generals and politicians who stole our money too and destroyed everything also are suffering it except those who relocate abroad or import their food. I know many politicians who import their food.

Poultry farmers have stopped formulating feed
It is always cheaper to formulate feed for livestock instead of buying commercial feed. Let me tell you something....by the time farmers add our soy for protein and maize for energy, their birds don't grow. I can't find a research paper to back this up, but go out there and ask. Even there are commercial feed that they use and ....for where?

I deliberately fed some birds Nigerian grains and Ipersonally conducted autopsy on such birds...if you see the gut of these birds. Mehn! Kidney don dey black. As in, I saw cancer inside these birds.

Guys and ladies, all the grains in Nigeria....maize, millet, beans, ofada rice, soy.... any grains you can think of...forget it.

I am not talking about anti nutrients in these grains for now cos you may want to rush into saying this. Forget it. The pesticide residue in our food items is too much. Period. Leave antinutrients in grains aside for now.

Na style a take dey eat party rice and moi moi. Lol. A don return home to flush out my system 2 days after the food digests. This is my style now. If I eat in your house, just know that I am glushing my system later. Not because I feel you don't know how to cook, but I know na poison you give me. But how a wan do am na? I can't spoil my relationship with family and friends. So, a go chop am... but straight to flushing them out 2 days later.

I don't want you to die prematurely, and this is the reason you are reading this. Please, I beg you in the name of God.... pray for wisdom on how to go about it and correct it. I know it is not easy... but you just have to do it.

Option 1:
Get ready to start a garden and start producing your food. That 1 plot you want to put a house on so you can collect rent, you better think twice. That place won't be developed in the next 5 years na. Delay that project and go start your garden there now.

If you have a backyard at home, no matter how small it is, you can do something.

I am here to guide you.

Ask questions if you feel concerned cos this is an urgent matter.

Option 2:
If you are busy, raise your food budget and decrease other things. I think the minimum you can go is times 10 of what you are presently spending. Yes. Exactly, yes!

I laugh when I see couples walking around Shoprite, Spar, bla bla bla...picking packed food. Corn flakes....tin tomatoes...lol. a beg, na later we will explore this.

I deliberately spoke in a language key and went to enter that your coconut head in this post. Raw Naija pidgin Engrish. So, if research papers I have been posting do not make sense to you...a don put links here. All links are Naija newspapers...and also. Look at the pictures below. I know many of you are damp lazy to read further...na "sharp sharp" things you want. See...a go write epistles oooo. Na you go carry yourself commotion and go die your die cos a go write epistles here. Why? Una want boredom finish me when all una don kpeme? Make dem dey call me grandpa grandma here and there. Nope. I need many to tap into this and start. Let's live long together. My second post stated that one of the factors for longetivity is a good social life. So, I am doing you well and doing myself good too.

Re: Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by epainos: 10:55am On Apr 10
What I Ate When I Started
I really considered what I could readily produce with varieties to extend my life. Now, I am about to show you an overview of what I started with. Of course, I have increased the variety, but try my first approach and see if you do not want something similar for yourself.

Wetin we chop? Rice...e eno good...beans...e no good...what exactly can I eat mehn! Every time I write about this topic, someone attacks me. But really, I don't care. If I was you, I would not find a way out. You are so dogmatic and have accepted your fate. Good. I don't blame you. That you accept to eat what businessmen have popularised now does not mean some of us cannot find a way out. We just went out of our way to make things OK.

I guarantee that you will do yourself a great favor if you have any gut issues, including the fatal Chrohn disease, gastritis, ulcers, hpylori infection, small intestinal fungus overgrowth, or gastritis. I am not saying you should do this exactly, but, you can create something. I am sharing here what I created for myself.

Quails, Chicken & Vegetables
I researched deeply but could not find good meat. I saw ads for organic chicken, and I moved closer, and I realised that even those promoting it on NL are not doing organic. If you want to know, ask them the kind of feed they use. Of course commercial feed. None of them could produce natural feed for their birds. Also, they use a little bit of antibiotics. I said...no way. I am not buying from these people. Then, 1 kg of a dressed chicken was around N2,500, but they are selling at N6,000+ per kg. Now, it is around N4,500 to N6,500 per kg, I am sure their price has shot up also....maybe to N12,000 per kg. So, na me go give you double the price of what I will get in the market and still get birds fed with commercial feed. Capital letter N - O. No way!

To help you understand the cost of what you are about to undertake, I will write out the specifics of my approach and include some calculations. Attached are pictures of what I made. Kindly note that I got these pictures on the Internet just for illustrations, but they are exactly what I produced.

The items are:
1. Vegetables

Cucumbers - It takes 30 days to start producing fruits, and I harvest every 5 days for 3 months. Before my plants die, I always replace them with new ones.

Tomato - I started with beefstakes tomatoes, but later did 1 full plot. I turned everything into - tomato paste and ketchup.

Pepper - As above

Others are Cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, radish, eggplants, beetroots, and lettuce.

Local veggies are ugu, water leaf, bitter leaf, etc.

Herbs: Lemon grass, aloe vera, bay leaf, peppermint, spearmint, etc.

2. Poultry
I realised that I had to buy from the hatchery 50 chicks per carton. Hmm! I had no choice, and I went for it. 50 broiler day old chicks and 50 quail chicks.

Feed: I researched deeply, and I adopted a grass-fed poultry approach. This is different from organic chicken. Nope. Grass-fed birds eat grasses and insects. And I gave them exactly that. Because of the problems with grains, I decided to stay away from them. And I tell you, my birds kicked. So, 38 birds grew up together for 6 weeks and wow (12 died)...I got massive meat. It was massive. Two people cannot finish the whole meat in a year. Anyway, I devised methods to process my chickens and egg from quail. Here are some of the products:

1. Raw chicken meat
2. Quail eggs
3. Mayonnaise, Ketchup, and paste
4. Sausages - for making sandwiches, hotdogs, etc.
5. Jerk slices - Nigerians call it Kilishi ......but made from chicken.
6. Nuggets
7. Then, I found a way to preserve some other that did not spoil for a good 6 months. It can last 1 year or more. And that is it. I made all my meat at once, and that is it. You may have to do it 3 times or 4 if you have a big family.

If you are too busy and would like to hire a very competent organic farmer or gardener to do it for you, I can write up the specifics of how I approached the entire process and suggest a reasonable price for it. Remember that the price of the so-called organic is times two of disgusting frozen chicken sold around. And naturally produced meat (my style) and dairy prices are more than double that of "organic" chickens. I will state the reasons for you. You will see it.

So, don't ever compare the quality of the meat you get in the market with my recommended approach. Never. I pity those who even go for old layers chicken. Wow. Dem get mind sha. Also, in Nigeria, we have an irregular power supply and you think frozen meat have not unfrozen and refrozen again and again? That's poison straight up. They are grown with growth hormones because they have to make a profit. The cost of commercial feed is high, and it takes over 90% of the cost of total production such that farmers cannot make a profit, but they always find a way out. Some inject the birds, and boom! What have I not seen? And you think you can live long eating such. Good luck!

Here are some images to help you understand some of the items.

Re: Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by epainos: 2:00am On Apr 11
Daily Intake of Essential Nutrients: A Guide
Carotenoids:

Carotenoids are a group of pigments found in many fruits and vegetables. They act as precursors to vitamin A and offer antioxidant benefits. The recommended daily intake for carotenoids is not established as a single value but rather based on specific types. For example, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) suggests an Adequate Intake (AI) of 3mg for alpha-carotene and 7mg for beta-carotene [1]. It's generally recommended to obtain carotenoids from food sources as conversion rates to vitamin A can vary.

Reference: [1] Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): Vitamins https://nap.nationalacademies.org/topic/380/food-and-nutrition/nutrition-dietary-reference-intakes)

Vitamin C:

Vitamin C is an essential water-soluble vitamin crucial for immune function, collagen synthesis, and antioxidant activity. The RDA for vitamin C varies by age and gender, ranging from 75mg for adult females to 90mg for adult males [2].

Reference: [2] National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements: Vitamin C https://ods.od.nih.gov/)

Vitamin E:

Vitamin E is a fat-soluble antioxidant that protects cells from damage. The RDA for vitamin E is 15mg for most adults [2].

Rutin and Quercetin:

Rutin and quercetin are flavonoids found in fruits and vegetables. They offer antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. No established RDAs exist for these compounds, but research suggests they are best obtained through dietary sources.

Broccoli and Cruciferous Vegetables:

These vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients with potential health benefits. No recommended daily intake exists for these vegetables specifically, but they are encouraged as part of a healthy diet.

Green Tea:

Green tea is a beverage rich in antioxidants and may offer various health benefits. However, there's no established daily intake recommendation for green tea. It's generally considered safe for moderate consumption.

Bilberry and Grape Seed Extract:

Bilberry and grape seed extract are sources of antioxidants. While research suggests potential benefits for eye health and circulation, respectively, no recommended daily intakes exist.

Bromelain:

Bromelain is an enzyme found in pineapple. It may have anti-inflammatory properties, but there's no established daily intake recommendation.

Alpha-Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, and Glutathione:

These are antioxidants involved in cellular energy production and protection. While research on their health benefits is ongoing, no established daily intakes exist. Consult a healthcare professional for personalized guidance if considering supplementation.

B Vitamins (including Cofactors):

B vitamins are a group of water-soluble vitamins essential for various bodily functions. Each B vitamin has a specific RDA that varies by age and gender. You can find a detailed breakdown of B vitamin RDAs on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Dietary Supplements website [2].

Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol):

Vitamin D is crucial for bone health and immune function. The RDA for vitamin D varies by age, with adults typically needing 600 IU (International Units) daily [2].

Vitamin K:

Vitamin K plays a role in blood clotting and bone health. The Adequate Intake (AI) for vitamin K ranges from 90mcg for young adults to 120mcg for older adults [1].

Minerals (Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, etc.):

Minerals are essential for various bodily functions. The RDA for each mineral varies depending on age, gender, and other factors. You can find a comprehensive list of mineral RDAs on the Linus Pauling Institute website [3].

Choline and Inositol:

Choline and inositol are important for various bodily functions. However, established RDAs may not exist for both of them. It's recommended to obtain these through a balanced diet.

Essential Fatty Acids (Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil):

Essential fatty acids, like omega-3s found in fish oil, are crucial for brain and heart health. The American Heart Association recommends consuming at least 1 gram of combined EPA and DHA omega-3s daily [4].

References:

[1] Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs): Vitamins National Academies Press: https://nap.nationalacademies.org/topic/380/food-and-nutrition/nutrition-dietary-reference-intakes
[2] National Institutes of Health Office of Dietary Supplements: [National Institutes of Health (.gov) ods.od.nih.gov]
[3] Linus Pauling Institute: Micronutrient Information Center [Oregon State University lpi.oregonstate.edu]
[4] American Heart Association: Fish and Omega-3 Fatty Acids [American Heart Association heart.org]
Re: Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by epainos: 7:16am On Apr 12
What Should I Do If I Don't Have The Time To Do Gardening

I am aware that a lot of people are too busy with life to accomplish this. I understand you, but you just need to get this thing done. Your life will undoubtedly be shortened by cakes, sugar, pesticides, bad fat, growth hormones, antinutrients in grains (I hope you are aware of how much these poisons are present in wheat flour used for baking), etc. I guarantee you. So, just give your body what it needs. Indomie noodles are one of the "baddest" poison around. Please, I beg you, just do something NOW.

Find a farmer who can raise 40 birds for you (50 chicks in a cartoon with 10 motality) and then process them to make products made from chicken meat. Sausages, kalbasa, barbecue, etc. Preserve some in the freezer also. If you truly find anyone who can grow for you without using commercial feed and antibiotics, you are on your way to live very long.

Also, find a farmer who can grow fresh vegetables without using chemicals. There are still some of them around. Salads, Nigerian green leaves, roots: carrots, potato, yam, beetroots, ....super food like cauliflower, brocoli, cabbage, etc.

And kindly spread the word to save a lot of people so that our age group will be around when we get old.

There is no benefit in living long in boredom. This is what Dantata (Dangote's billionaire uncle who helped Dangote to start) presently. I read about him that he said he is just bored. There is nothing to do again. Please, don't let them start calling those of us who want to live long "grandpa grandma" without people who can still call us by our name cos of same age range.

If you need help on how to get started, I will show you the way - where to buy seeds, quails, broiler chicken for meat, layers chicken, or duck for eggs. I will write about meat and sea food. Do you want to check it out and see if it is do-able, reach out to me. Please use Nairaland to send me a message, as I will never share my phone number or email on this site.

1 Like

Re: Longetivity: Do You Want To Live To 80+ In Good Health? If Yes, Follow Me by Sarahal: 3:19pm On Apr 25
For anyone wondering what do Microgreens taste like I hope this article helps.

https://foodsroute.com/what-do-microgreens-taste/

(1) (Reply)

Get The Traps United Gets More From This / Honestly Answering These Inquiries Will Get A Considerable / Pregnant Men Are Now Demanding Equal Rights As Pregnant Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.