Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,183 members, 7,839,029 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter (135 Views)

Car Lovers!,can You Help Me Choose Between These Two Cars? / Highlander Needed Btw 2005-2007 / Tokunbo Volkswagen Transporter Buses starting from 1.9M vailable #07062725752 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter by freemanbaba(m): 8:51am On Apr 08
Dear Nairalanders

Greetings to you all brothers and sisters in this room, please am about to open a wholesales supermarket store and I want to get a van that I can be using to travel to lagos from ogbomosho to buy my goods for my store and am considering either 2002 TO 2004 TOYOTA HIACE OR 2003 TO 2006 VOLKWAGEN TRANSPORTER because I see that the toks of the 2 vans are almost in the same range in price, though I don't know much about vehicles.

I kindly ask for you opinion on the 2 in terms of maintenance, spare part, road worthiness, fuel consumption (both on petrol) .

Thanks all.

Re: Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter by McLizbae: 8:59am On Apr 08
Both are strong die hard beasts, but hiace may may edge above transporter in terms of maintenance. This is because the former is more on Nigerian roads, so the sure mechanics should not be hard to find anywhere. However, do they also have the same size (cabin volume)? I guess that should be of utmost importance to you since bigger will be better for your utility.
Re: Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter by freemanbaba(m): 9:03am On Apr 08
Thank you @McLizbae , the volkswagen has more room than the hiace
Re: Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter by McLizbae: 9:15am On Apr 08
Well that is another pro for the VW. So, it is your choice to choose if the extra space is worth ditching the hiace.
freemanbaba:
Thank you @McLizbae , the volkswagen has more room than the hiace
Re: Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter by freemanbaba(m): 9:19am On Apr 08
@McLizbae

Is the Volkswagen part readily available in market and can any mechanic like kazeem fix it . Though sm planning to get the tokunbo
Re: Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter by McLizbae: 9:56am On Apr 08
"readily available", well I can't give facts on that. Getting vehicle parts has not really been the problem with vehicle maintenance. The major problem is that right kazeem to diagnose and fix problems. So, you may get more *right kazeems" for haice than VW anywhere here in Nigeria. Infact, many of those hiace drivers (transporters) already know how to fix alot on the vehicle. While traveling, I have some times see hiace drivers help each other with services and damages parts to fix hicae busses stranded in isolated areas.
freemanbaba:
@McLizbae

Is the Volkswagen part readily available in market and can any mechanic like kazeem fix it . Though sm planning to get the tokunbo
Re: Please Help Me Choose Btw 2005 Toyota Hiace Vs Volkswagen Transporter by 1Alex: 10:39am On Apr 08
The Volkswagen is more fuel efficienct than the Toyota. But both vehicles are super reliable

(1) (Reply)

Few Months Registered 2010 Kitted 2020 Lexus RX 350 Full Option - 16.5m / Toks D 2017 Mercedes Benz GLE350. / Super Clean 2021 Upgraded Lexus Is250 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.