Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers (12823 Views)

Unknown Gunmen Kill Vigilante Member In Imo Community (Photos) / 10-Year-Old Bello Abdulkadir Ado, A Vigilante Member In Katsina Carrying Gun / Soldiers Kill Vigilante Man In Edo, Free Robber Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by OgaDeyVex: 9:16am On Apr 08
Gunmen have killed a member of Diobu Vigilante Group, DVG, Mr. Uche Orukwo, at Obidanso Waterfront, Mile 1 Diobu, Port Harcourt City Local Government Area of Rivers State.

The Development, which happened Saturday night, has caused panic in the area with the police calling for calm.
It was gathered that the victim was among a team of security operatives that stormed the waterfront in search of cultists terrorising the area.

The security team, which was acting on information, had stormed the waterfront about 9p.m., on Saturday, where suspected cultists were preparing to launch an attack on a rival group in an ongoing supremacy battle.

It was learned that the cultists on sighting the security operatives, opened fire and gunned down the vigilante member, Orukwo.

Meantime, the Public Relations Officer of the State Police Command, Grace Iringe Koko, confirmed the killing of Orukwo, adding that investigation was ongoing to apprehend the perpetrators.
Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/cultists-kill-vigilante-member-in-rivers/amp/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by OgaDeyVex: 9:17am On Apr 08
Oga Wake Up Now, From Sleep, Begin Dey Vex

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by DeeNet1: 9:32am On Apr 08
They shouldn't have a single pity for all these cultists when punishing them.

For your school assignments kindly check my signature and contact me

13 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by freshkpomo(m): 9:35am On Apr 08

Why can't the government declare cultists as terrorists and pass a death sentence on them. Since December they have taken over 200 lives in Benin, Boko Haram not kill reach that.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by CountinBlessins(m): 9:36am On Apr 08
This is what happens when a people encourage crime and evil. Rivers people, their chiefs and youths have encouraged cultism for too long.

They have made it part of their culture just like my state ( Edo state ) go to my state and see what people are suffering because of cultism.

This is what happens when the foolish elders and youths allow bad vices become a norm.

The monster you made will consume you .

Foolish people.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Elolam87(m): 9:36am On Apr 08
It's unfortunate there is no value/respect to life in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Otulented: 9:37am On Apr 08
Na Arobaggers or ice landers go fit do this nonsense
Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Tjra: 9:38am On Apr 08
Otulented:
Na Arobaggers or ice landers go fit do this nonsense
Is that their nickname?

Diobu na home of cultists. That is all they live and die for.

Very sad.

10 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by DenreleDave(m): 9:38am On Apr 08
With the hunger for this land, people still dey do cultism?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by free2ryhme: 9:39am On Apr 08

2 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by atobs4real(m): 9:39am On Apr 08
Rivers and evil are at par

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by free2ryhme: 9:39am On Apr 08

2 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by concho(m): 9:40am On Apr 08
Thought Yahoo sent cultism to extinction??

7 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Bookhub: 9:41am On Apr 08
With all this hunger and hardship people still dey do cultism? The cultists here in school are now hustling to survive,this ones don belleful

Meanwhile yabatech partime form is now out to close may 15th apply early,if interested call

Zero eight one two four zero six four three five three.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by phemmie06(m): 9:41am On Apr 08
People of no tomorrow wasting people that have future

6 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Emekajacob(m): 9:42am On Apr 08
freshkpomo:

Why can't the government declare cultists as terrorists and pass a death sentence on them. Since December they have taken over 200 lives in Benin, Boko Haram not kill reach that.

They are also a part of the cultism and occultism, even the security agencies.
Just mind your business

3 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by poshestmina(f): 9:42am On Apr 08
CountinBlessins:
This is what happens when a people encourage crime and evil. Rivers people, their chiefs and youths have encouraged cultism for too long.

They have made it part of their culture just like my state ( Edo state ) go to my state and see what people are suffering because of cultism.

This is what happens when the foolish elders and yours allow bad vices become a norm.

The monster you made will consume you .

Foolish people.

You're very right.
The rate of cultism in Rivers state is off the roof ,and it's so sad to see!

Down to Secondary schools and under 16s.
You no fit slap or correct 'small pikin ' again oh ,next thing is "Big sis ,Wida na? ,I give you Maximum Sallamalleku ,don't play this tape next time"

Rivers state is where you'll have to train,cry,discipline, praaaay for kids not to go astray ,especially the boy child.
It's sad!

Unfortunately, the powers and 'Leaders' are all cultists ...Sponsoring their different fraternities!

Young Talents wasting away!
Tamuno pasisi.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Kingpele(m): 9:43am On Apr 08
This is why I believe government should designate every cult gang as terrorists with death sentence when caught....in all my years in university I never entertained the idea of becoming a cultist risking your life unnecessary...some people will just fight over a girlfriend or even a bottle of beer the next thing war ..and people who was never part of the fight will be killed just because one of thier members decided to be a fool...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Seunpapa65: 9:45am On Apr 08
Anything security job I no dey do
RIP man

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by emmabest2000(m): 9:45am On Apr 08
Avoid system people by all means
E get Y

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by verifiablefacts: 9:45am On Apr 08
Tjra:

Is that their nickname?

Diobu na home of cultists. That is all they live and die for.

Very sad.

Elechi Beach even get two factions of the same 'de gbam' group and are at loggerhead with each other.

4 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Galaticos444: 9:46am On Apr 08
concho:
Thought Yahoo sent cultism to extinction??
no there are together.95 percent of cultists are into yahoo

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Tealcrestmedia(m): 9:49am On Apr 08
Crazy stuff
Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by phemmie06(m): 9:50am On Apr 08
DeeNet1:
They shouldn't have a single pity for all these cultists when punishing them

You're right but to me, no cultist deserve death.

They have chosen a path of wasted lives so they should be given.

Let government look for a large area of land for agriculture of all kinds with simple infrastructure such as electricity, water , a room apartments. And a full military base that comprises of Air Force and Army

Let those full called cultist be deployed there to work and live there.

When they are 68byears they should be moved out to another place.
The females among them should do the cooking in their two communities

5 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by tuzeriouz(m): 9:53am On Apr 08
emmabest2000:
Avoid system people by all means
E get Y
E no dey end well

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by DeeNet1: 9:53am On Apr 08
phemmie06:

You're right but to me, no cultist deserve death.

They have chosen a path of wasted lives so they should be given.

Let government look for a large area of land for agriculture of all kinds with simple infrastructure such as electricity, water , a room apartments. And a full military base that comprises of Air Force and Army

Let those full called cultist be deployed there to work and live there.

When they are 68byears they should be moved out to another place.
The females among them should do the cooking in their two communities

This is just the truth

3 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Originalsly: 10:01am On Apr 08
Was it the duty of the vigilante group to intervene? ... or the duty of the Police? The vigilante group received "credible information " ... aren't they supposed to pass it on to the Police for the Police to take action? Isn't it the duty of the Police to enforce law and order? We have become so messed up that we see the military... the Police and vigilante groups as the same... all with same powers. It may take a generation or two under a proper government to reset our mentality.

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by iLegendd(m): 10:05am On Apr 08
DeeNet1:
They shouldn't have a single pity for all these cultists when punishing them
Those cultists are boys to most big politicians who control the police. These fights are deep.

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by fitinwell: 10:10am On Apr 08
This is Sad...

What's happening in South South region of Nigeria? Few weeks ago, you Open fire on Nigerian Army.. and just yesterday you open Fire on Vigilante member.

But CP rivers said they already killed the kingpin terroristing that area na..

Why is no where safe in Nigeria..

Wetin happen gan?

2 Likes

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by ozijay: 10:11am On Apr 08
The President, Executives, other leaders in various arms of government even around the world na them be the grandmasters of cultism na why that can't declare war on them but while other countries detest from allowing this cultism intefer with National interest which could lead to invasion from other neighbouring countries our African countries Mumu would rather steal, secure family first then watch from afar how the country implode on itself meaning leadership here is Just personal business.
freshkpomo:

1 Like

Re: Cultists Kill Vigilante Member In Rivers by Love56743: 10:12am On Apr 08
As this life dey sweet people still get mind dey fight because of supremacy that would never end, I'm not against cultism The only problem that i have with them is that they fighting for irrelevant things like killing someone over unnecessary things

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Nab 2 Drug Dealer Suspects In Delta State (Photos) / EFCC Arraigns Two For Impersonation, N1 Million Fraud(photos) / NDLEA Arrests Student With Cocaine At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.