Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:03 AM

CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff (35969 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State / BREAKING: Jubilation In PDP As Tribunal Sacks Another APC House Of Reps Member / BREAKING: Appeal Court Sacks Another APC Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by shortgun(m): 9:42am On Apr 08
The CBN Governor said
"The interventions that took place in the recent past were estimated in excess of N10 trillion"
Follow Nigerians how much did you get from this amount?

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by emkz: 9:42am On Apr 08
blancsn1:
As an obidient Ipob what more can your paralyzed thought come up with. You think it is selective without a list detailing who n who is being sacked

Go back and read the comment you responded to.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by mmsen: 9:43am On Apr 08
DenreleDave:
I am less concerned.

Go to FIRS CBN office, most of them are just going to gossip and have fun. Only few are working while the rest are busy with their phones.

Same as Pencom, SEC.....

Infact all govt agencies and parastatals plus ministry are just for free salary

Facts.
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by ppogba: 9:43am On Apr 08
DenreleDave:
I am less concerned.

Go to FIRS CBN office, most of them are just going to gossip and have fun. Only few are working while the rest are busy with their phones.

Same as Pencom, SEC.....

Truth that is bitter.

Yet, they too will blame everyone else except themselves for every situation

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by FireUpNow(m): 9:44am On Apr 08
Badgers14:
I don't think I have seen vacancy announcement by CBN.

Where you want see the vacancy advert? Na dem dem dey get the job.
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Greenfaces: 9:44am On Apr 08
emkz:
I think this is selective.

Because CBN is shifting from that development financial initiative which led to CBN disbursing loans to farmers does not mean there are no dead woods elsewhere.

CBN must carry out a comprehensive personnel audit. CBN recruitment has mostly been political and nepotistic over the years where the children of the high and the mighty get preference. We even heard that these children's job functions are mostly planning their vacations. Some of the retiring CBN staff seemingly bring their children to the employ of CBN. If this is a lie, when last did CBN do an open recruitment?

CBN cannot deny recruitment because that agency is overstaffed.

Dr Yemi Cardoso, we are in support of your initiatives. We want them to be more brutal. Please clean the CBN.
Lol.
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by DystopianMuse(f): 9:45am On Apr 08
For nigeria MDAs to be efficient in my own opinion. They should start hiring and recruiting like all this big private firms. The government should give the hiring contract to an inddpendent or foreign HR firm for fairness. Instead of all this slot and man know man hiring. Btw, i neva see CBN hire before. Na ghost dey work there?

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Christian36: 9:47am On Apr 08
emkz:

Because CBN is shifting from that development financial initiative which led to CBN disbursing loans to farmers does not mean there are no dead woods elsewhere.

CBN must carry out a comprehensive personnel audit. CBN recruitment has mostly been political and nepotistic over the years where the children of the high and the mighty get preference. We even heard that these children's job functions are mostly planning their vacations. Some of the retiring CBN staff seemingly bring their children to the employ of CBN. If this is a lie, when last did CBN do an open recruitment?

Dr Yemi Cardoso, we are in support of your initiatives. We want them to be more brutal. Please clean the CBN.
Same thing with Nigeria Custom Service and Nigeria Port Authority, in house recruitment is their major way of recruiting. Honestly, corruption has eaten deep into the system.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by CodeTemplar: 9:47am On Apr 08
Are they moving the interventions away from CBN or scraping them entirely from the system?

Anchor Borrower Program/scheme for example, is good, but needs impartiality and better loan recovery rate.
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Judolisco(m): 9:47am On Apr 08
emkz:

iswr na why dis nation dey slow bdat.... Even if they do open recruitment, if u don't know anyone, jst forget about it or go and do serious prayer and fasting...... Na for only Abuja, u go see rich man pikin dey reject jobs.... One of my guy rejected a navy job because he doesn't like d white uniform they wear..... Omo, poor man pikin dey suffer oh...

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Father4all: 9:48am On Apr 08
I like restructuring but I hope Tinubu won't replace them with Yoruba people kiss

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Judolisco(m): 9:48am On Apr 08
shortgun:
The CBN Governor said
"The interventions that took place in the recent past were estimated in excess of N10 trillion"
Follow Nigerians how much did you get from this amount?
dey play grin
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Omoboricash(m): 9:49am On Apr 08
Badgers14:
I don't think I have seen vacancy announcement by CBN.
They dont paste advert. The sons and daughters of ministers, senators, HOR members are employed thru back doors. Ali Ndume's daughter is a staff of CBN. Not only CBN, NNPC ,and FIRS but other government cash cow parastatals. They do recruitmemt thru back doors

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by DatNiggaDaz: 9:50am On Apr 08

Only to finally employ his own tribesmen to replace the fulani tribe. If you think this sack has anything to do with efficiency & effectiveness then you believe the renewed hopelessness of Mr Bulaba.

Emilokan has taken bigotry & nepotism to another level appointimg mostly his incompetent parapo tribesmen & goons grin

You will think that this sack has anything to do with cutting cost or disengagimg incompetent workers but you will be schocked to realise that this Action is to make way for more incompetent tribalistic nonentity from the parapo tribe to come chop.

What do you think the Phrase emilokan & awalokan means

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by CapodeCapouti(m): 9:50am On Apr 08
Why sack them? Why not redeploy them?
angry angry

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Abee79(m): 9:52am On Apr 08
michigang:
I used to think civil servants don't get sacked
If the proper administrative and statutory procedure for disengaging them were not followed, the action can be challenged in Court. But, CBN is unlike any other government institution. Its war chest is DEEP! 🤐🤐🤐

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Lavor234: 9:53am On Apr 08
1143 days of Tinubu to go.
Nigeria existed before Tinubu, it will exist after him

Let us be patient, nothing lasts for ever.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Soulsymbol99: 9:53am On Apr 08
Getting sacked this period no be child's play oooo

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Lexusgs430: 9:54am On Apr 08
CBN"s staffing list, is over bloated....... With zero productivity and performance index.....

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by fitinwell: 9:54am On Apr 08
emkz:

https://dailytrust.com/cbn-sacks-another-40-staff/#Echobox=1712535466

Briefing after the last Monetary Policy Committee meeting, Cardoso said: "The intervention has two dysfunctions. One, it takes a lot of time for something you do not have an expertise to do, and two, if not carefully handled, creates a lot of distortions in your economy through inflow of money supply.

The Bold is the reasons why Nigerians are suffering,.. So many inexperienced Directors managing sensitive positions ..

Good moves cardoso

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Yankee101: 9:55am On Apr 08
Reshape the National Assembly, number of ministers, tinubu’s SAs and PAs
Cut down cost of governance across the board

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Lavor234: 9:56am On Apr 08
Senior Management members of the CBN who spoke to our reporter on the condition of anonymity also raised concern about the perpetration of illegality which has seen the current Coordinator of the Currency Operations Department, Olayemi J. Solaja, append his signature on the Naira note.

Daily Trust findings suggest that Mr Solaja has not yet gone through the process of being confirmed a full-fledged Director and his letter of appointment indicates that he is to Coordinate the affairs of the department.

According to the source: “The process has not been followed by the CBN Governor who talks about institutional discipline. How can someone sign the national currency as Director currency when not confirmed or appointed?

“From the history of currency to when naira and kobo were printed and minted, there is a CBN policy on modalities to sign Banknotes.”

When Daily Trust sought to know who signs the currency in the absence of a substantive director, the source said: “They continue printing using the former director’s signature. Throughout the period of the acting appointment of the previous occupant, she did not sign the currency until she was given an appointment letter as a director.”

Daily Trust gathered that when the Managing Director of the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting (NSPM) drew the attention of the CBN to the irregularity, The Deputy Governor, Operations, Mrs. Emem Nnan Usoro allegedly overruled, insisting that the coordinators’ name be imprinted on the currency.

The CBN rule book( a compendium of policies and Regulations) stipulates the process of appointment in the Bank for appointment as Director is as follows: (a) Advertisement of the vacancy, indicating the requirements for a prospective candidate. (b) Screening of candidates/documentation (c) Conducting interviews for qualified candidates (d) Final results/ communications of appointment.

emkz:

the story is incomplete. did you add the part where an assistant bank manager appended his name in the naira note circumventing the stated down process?
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by CrossRhodes: 9:56am On Apr 08
tefishy:
These ones they are sacking where will they now be chopping money
They will surely give them severance package running into millions
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Lavor234: 9:59am On Apr 08
CrossRhodes:

They will surely give them severance package running into millions

Are you sure?
Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by fitinwell: 10:00am On Apr 08
Soulsymbol99:
Getting sacked this period no be child's play oooo

Those Sacked are not Junior staffs? Well Do the Maths.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by rotadeco27: 10:02am On Apr 08
This is highly needed in most of our parastatals, esp that CBN. One of their high staff came to my clinic with recalcitrant headache sometimes ago, when all medications were not working ,brain imaging showed normal findings ,I needed to ask her what the problem was at home , eventually I discovered it was at work. She told me she was the one doing all the work as those young rich men children employed and attached to her know next to nothing and she couldn't not complain else you lose your job. She opened up about her ordeal at work that was when we made some success in her management. I won't want to mention any tribe but putting people that has no relevant qualifications in a sensitive places like CBN is one of those attitudes killing the country. That is why we are where we are today. I give it to Tinubu and his cohorts, their fearlessness is what we need , the person must be able to step on toes. By the time the results of all these sanitations is showing ,then only the bad "belle" ones won't take there abuses on him back and sing his praises. I think he means well for the country. He was the same druggie, likely to be even more into it, when he govern Lagos, if the successive governors are still claiming they are using his road map in Lagos till today, then he can replicate a larger picture of it in Nigeria. Lagos state workers passed through hell at some time, at least I have relatives that are enjoying their pension now but then they were calling him all sorts of names , " frog eye, sabalo fish eye etc.,Many of the world leaders are dirty in terms of their dealings , go ask and read about their backgrounds, it even seems that getting to such position requires some sorts of special habit. Is it Bush both father and son , trump, Putin , Gadafi , Obama, name them? Something is always about them that is not straight. If our common goal is a better Nigeria,then irrespective of the person or tribe , we should support the person when he is the right track and call them out when missing road!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Kukutenla: 10:02am On Apr 08
blancsn1:
As an obidient Ipob what more can your paralyzed thought come up with. You think it is selective without a list detailing who n who is being sacked

Stray bullet grin grin

Your body too dey hot cheesy cheesy

He's your fellow zombie

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by BabaO2: 10:03am On Apr 08
emkz:

Selective in what sense?

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by benitwater(m): 10:07am On Apr 08
All for a better country.

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by ibechris(m): 10:09am On Apr 08
That is why,most people in Nigeria prefer govt work not because they want to work,but because they want to lazy around.

DenreleDave:
I am less concerned.

Same as Pencom, SEC.....

Re: CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff by Masterplanner1(m): 10:11am On Apr 08
send hi to 07063334111 on whatsapp to enjoy my status update. first in breaking news, entertainment update and lots more
emkz:

Oshiomhole Fires Back At Okonjo-Iweala "You Should Be Ashamed..." / Chinedu Nebo: Nigeria Is Angry With Igbos' Growth, Development / Julius Berger And RCC Have Started Work On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (PHOTO)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52