Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area (25070 Views)

NGF Hails Oyebanji Over Transfer Of Electricity Regulatory Oversight To Ekiti / Sale Mamman: Cabal In Power Ministry Denying Nigerians Of Electricity / Magistrate Seen Using A Torch Due To The Lack Of Electricity During A Proceeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by CandidAdmin(m): 6:30pm On Apr 08
hardknocksng:

Yes, I buy and load randomly at any given time …
Hmmmm. You dey flex this money ooo.
Come and flex it for my side abeg.
BTW, 700 units is 70k not 7k. Just did the math again.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by ayotade09(m): 6:55pm On Apr 08
Ozommadu:

With Apc agbado membership card, you can get as much as 5k units.

But it's accompanied by serious flogging πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
na them be this emergency lover of nigeria

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Macgyver1: 7:12pm On Apr 08
I recharged 5k yesterday and I was shocked to receive 7 units. This is nothing but criminality of the highest order.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by maasoap(m): 7:17pm On Apr 08
Jokerman:

Haba bro

This is robbery naw
Let me bother you again: we didn't have power supply since yesterday, overnight, till I left home in the morning around 11am. I'm back at home around 6pm, after 7pm now, still no power supply. And I'm band A customer who is enjoying power supply 20 hours per day, everyday grin grin grin
Below is the picture of my generator that I just brought out now.

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by sharpwriter(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08
stevebond007:

Same here, which Band u dy
Wetin dem dey call band Biko explain, and how do I know it?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Tonytonex(m): 7:41pm On Apr 08
predictor1:
145 units. Eleyele Ibadan
that's a lie na.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Pascal9: 7:54pm On Apr 08
hisgrace090:
The hyke is unacceptable because I can't just imagine how Nigerians will pay 225 per kWh if electricity improves tomorrow.

So any area that start having 24hr current will start paying 225 naira per kWh, who does that.
you don't have a choice, some poor countries like guinea bisaua are paying more, our focus should be to held the ruling class accountable, good things come at a cost, more ever,we need to learn energy conservation.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by HenryWilliams(m): 8:46pm On Apr 08
94.6 units, Ebute Metta.
I think I'm on Band C or so .barely get 12 hrs daily .
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by suco01(m): 8:51pm On Apr 08
ify2016:
How many units is #5000 for ikeja electricity because am currently on band B and was given 85 units.

A friend of mine on band A said he was given 30 units for 5,000.

How much do they charge in your Area per unit and which band?

20.5 units
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by olumideinfo: 8:53pm On Apr 08
4000 for 16.5units
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Jokerman(m): 9:03pm On Apr 08
maasoap:

Let me bother you again: we didn't have power supply since yesterday, overnight, till I left home in the morning around 11am. I'm back at home around 6pm, after 7pm now, still no power supply. And I'm band A customer who is enjoying power supply 20 hours per day, everyday grin grin grin
Below is the picture of my generator that I just brought out now.

Na wa o..... Adelabu is really a disappointment
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by We4all: 9:08pm On Apr 08
Biko, what is this band A, B and C nonsense? I used to get about 13 units for 1K and will endure 2-3 days of black out. I wonder how many units the morons will give me now.

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by hakimi1974(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08
MadamExcellency:

Whether they tap or not, the total consumption is captured from the meter attached to the transformer and circulated to people paying estimated billing.
your head dey there. It is well.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by KrisUc(m): 9:48pm On Apr 08
18 units per 1,000 naira which equals 90 units for 5k
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by predictor1: 9:49pm On Apr 08
Tonytonex:
that's a lie na.
How is it a lie? Is it too much or too low?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Tonytonex(m): 10:01pm On Apr 08
predictor1:
How is it a lie? Is it too much or too low?
it's too much na for 5k
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Tonytonex(m): 10:03pm On Apr 08
We4all:
Biko, what is this band A, B and C nonsense? I used to get about 13 units for 1K and will endure 2-3 days of black out. I wonder how many units the morons will give me now.
LOL πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by predictor1: 10:08pm On Apr 08
Tonytonex:
it's too much na for 5k
For #1000 I get 29 units. Just down the road about 5 mins drive is an area where #5000 we get you only 65 units. But they have better power supply. The whole thing is a mess. Nigeria is not organized.

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by imagrg(m): 10:40pm On Apr 08
On BEDC Benin, I got about 30 units for 6k
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by richie240: 11:31pm On Apr 08
yommen:

You have outstanding on postpaid account. Say the truth.
Not many ppl even know about this; they just feel they are shortchanged.

The apartment I moved into, the meter had arrears and nepa was removing 50% every time we recharged.

Las-las we don pay d arrears finish.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Uzochi13(m): 12:50am On Apr 09
Izunwa:
124.5kwh EEDC
Which state is that?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Simpubozz(m): 5:50am On Apr 09
What I really want to confirm is how to downgrade from Band A to Band B. Is it even possible, considering the fact that the Band whic one belongs to is according the the Area you are located , which means everyone in that Area are also same Band? So can Ikeja electricity downgrade just your own meter??The Band A price hike is really crazy, 250 naira fgs🀦 . Also, I don’t understand why my payment receipt showed my tariff instance to be Band B non-MD but on ikeja electricity know-your-feeder site, when I search my meter account, it shows Band A.. God Abeg 😭. I just wan downgrade to Band B
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by AcrylicProperty(f): 8:41am On Apr 09
Do citizens even have the opportunity to calculate their electricity consumption units in this country anymore?

Government beeda to show responsibility and basic human/family needs should actually have good subsidy that's well monitored & well targeted just as done in developed world. Not the way our government have been removing subsidy claiming it's the rich/wealthy that get the largesse benefits of the various subsidies.

And to you reading this, your best is yet to come guys...

Reach out to us for the best of genuine & verified properties with a reputable Real Estate company that delivers. Read more on our signature below here πŸ‘‡to leverage the current promo and contact the number.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Yvngex(m): 9:19am On Apr 09
yommen:
100 Units. Band C. I'm actually placed on C instead of D. I have complained. By month end, I should by 160 units for 5k

Okay I decided to recharge 1k and I got 20 units. Tariff is 46 per unit aside VAT: 930 for 20 is equal to N46 per kWh.

There is one thing I have noticed with Nigerians home and abroad. The literate ones pick a piece of information, distort it and pass it to the illiterate and misinformation continues. Mind you, there are many people on this forum that can read and write but unfortunately are still illiterate.

How can you say that someone who can read and write is an illiterate 😐 πŸ˜’
For me I will say that many Nigerians lack common sense πŸ˜‘

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Tonytonex(m): 12:27pm On Apr 09
predictor1:
For #1000 I get 29 units. Just down the road about 5 mins drive is an area where #5000 we get you only 65 units. But they have better power supply. The whole thing is a mess. Nigeria is not organized.
okay. Now I understand you.

It's the band.
You are not on band A
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by predictor1: 3:24pm On Apr 09
Tonytonex:
okay. Now I understand you.
It's the band. You are not on band A
Far far far from band A. grin

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Tonytonex(m): 10:12am On Apr 10
predictor1:
Far far far from band A. grin
na una dey enjoy be that.

But do you do have light everyday?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by predictor1: 10:26am On Apr 10
Tonytonex:
na una dey enjoy be that.

But do you do have light everyday?
Enjoy ke? When we are so far from band A. We used to have good power supply but these days, no more. It's frustrating. What about your own end?
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Testimony1988(m): 10:31am On Apr 10
137, Band D, wow, it means you and your friend are enjoying constant power supply.
Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Tonytonex(m): 10:43am On Apr 10
predictor1:
Enjoy ke? When we are so far from band A. We used to have good power supply but these days, no more. It's frustrating. What about your own end?
it's not consistent. But we do get like 12hrs plus daily. But not everyday

And they say we dey band A.

1 Like

Re: How Many Units Of Electricity Can 5,000 Naira Buy In Your Area by Izunwa(m): 5:59pm On Apr 20
Uzochi13:

Which state is that?
Anambra state.
Sorry for late response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explosions In Borno After Jonathan's Visit / Stop Calling Nigeria β€˜Naija’ - NOA To Nigerians / Explosion Rocks Calabar, Army Claims Responsibility

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.