Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu (737 Views)

Dinavir: New Cure For HIV Discovered In Russia / What Is Stopping The White From Getting The Cure For HIV/AIDS? / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by OlabisiiJ: 1:54pm On Apr 08
A Nigerian researcher in phytho-medicine and former Director of the Institute of Natural Medicine, University of Abuja, Dr Ben Amodu, has said he has invented a cure for HIV/AIDS.

He called on the Federal Government to carry out a clinical trial of the drug he invented for the treatment of the disease.

Addressing a press conference at the secretariat of the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Abuja, Amodu said focus should be redirected to the use of alternative medicine in curing diseases that have defied orthodox practice.

In the past, there have been claims by researchers in Nigeria who said they have found a cure for HIV.

But the National Agency for the Control of AIDS and the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control have repeatedly dissociated themselves from such claims.

Amodu, who is also the managing director, African Alternative Medicines Hospital, however, argued that diseases termed incurable can now be cured, insisting that this is based from results from various patients within and outside the country who were treated with herbs.

He said: "Our claims were subjected to a number of parameters. Before now, we have been treating and curing HIV/AIDS and I make it bold to say so because this is what can be verified. In other parts of the world, when they have discovery, they come out to say it but when come comes to Nigeria, they tell you not to talk. Why? For something I have done and I know I've gotten it, why would I not speak?

"So now, with the proof I have, which is all on social media in the last six months, we now felt it is the right time that we should report it to Nigerians.

The alternative medicine practitioner challenged anyone doubting the efficacy of his treatments to subject them to test and contact him on 08037899735.

Testimony from Patients to prove the effectiveness of this medicine: *I have received a very big improvement and testimony from the HIV patients . Before now she was having a serious cough, weakness of the body, her health condition was bad, no appetite and so on even when on ARTS. But since she started using this your mediation, there are a very big change in her health , no cough, no weakness of the body, infact she is now very strong and healthy. The same with the other man. As for the sickle cell child, no more crisis like before. The boy is very ok now. I never received any complain from them since then, thanks God bless you for your wonderful work*

He added: "I want to give a challenge. Any media organisation should give me any AIDS patients and see if I won't cure that person.

"Recently one of the foremost teaching hospitals had a AIDS patient who is just lying down on bed. That patient was not shaking nor moving but upon giving my drug, she started moving, and changing position. As I speak with you, she is at a very busy kano market doing her businesses. This is something that is verifiable.

"In fact, forget about me being verifiable. I will not charge any fees. Give me a patient, I will revive him or her without any payments. That's one challenge.

"If the whole world has tried some HIV treatment but they have failed and we have a very good response, why should we hide this? People live in malaria infested area, they say mosquito bite them and have no effect on them. What name do you give to that. It is definitely the effects of vaccine

"What you have you don't throw it away because people are making noise. Let them come to the open field let's subject it to test. Science said over 70 per cent of the products that are used today correlate directly with their folklore uses. Also, 70 per cent of medicines gotten from herbs correlates directly with their folklore uses".

Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by socialmediaman: 1:54pm On Apr 08
If you believe you’ve found a cure, there are well established private investors funding medical research all over the world

It’s 2024, FG doesn’t do these things anymore. They’ll only help with patents and licensing, not funding. In fact, we the taxpayers don’t want any corruption-laden FG funded projects anymore

FG can actually help with providing initial funding to help getting research off the ground, but if you think you’ve found a cure, look for private investors
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by Melagros(m): 2:03pm On Apr 08
COMRADES, well, I am speechless
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by Morbeta11(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08
They will want to sabotaged his efforts.

2 Likes

Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by buttlover(m): 2:09pm On Apr 08
Chai. Oyimbo no go gree
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by ivolt: 2:14pm On Apr 08
He called on the Federal Government to carry out a clinical trial of the drug he invented for the treatment of the disease.
Here is where this marketer get it wrong.
Why will the FG spend money testing a product that may or may not work with
higher chance of being a failure?

He should go and convince private pharmaceutical companies who wants to make money rather than
blackmailing the government.

Moreover, even if the government tests and certify it, other countries would be skeptical because they
think the government just wants to make money without proper research.

In other parts of the world, when they have discovery, they come out to say it but when come comes to Nigeria, they tell you not to talk. Why? For something I have done and I know I've gotten it, why would I not speak?
No, they don't. Such discovery especially in the health sector remains in the academia until tested.
The discovery are often "announced" via research publications instead of press conference.

I suspect this is another case of undetectable HIV load rather than a cure.

1 Like

Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by CodeTemplar: 2:20pm On Apr 08
Must FG be the one to pay you and verify your claims.
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by 2mch(m): 2:30pm On Apr 08
FG need to prevent such charlatans from coming out to make this claims until research has been rightly carried out and people have been tested against such miracle cures. Otherwise he can scam desperate people.
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by advanceDNA: 2:46pm On Apr 08
Government should come and do clinical trials?
Lol....comedian
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by Meteng: 2:47pm On Apr 08
Because he’s a Nigerian, watch how even his own government will shut him down. But if he was white, it’s our government that will champion his claims
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by Sapasenator: 2:54pm On Apr 08
Dr. Abalaka is that you again?
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by heniford2: 4:39pm On Apr 08
He should visit Nafdac first register under pharmacistical company and start operating
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by Astra101: 4:50pm On Apr 08
Tune down the volume of your noise or risk getting killed by pharmacitical cartels
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by bigsmoke2(m): 4:10am On Apr 09
He is a scammer take it for free.for starters anyone who has basic knowledge of genetics will know you can't just cook some leaves drink and be cured of hiv. If anything can be made to tackle hiv in the foreseeable future it will likely be preventive like a vaccine and not cure.
Re: I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu by imagrg(m): 4:11am On Apr 10
Lies.

(1) (Reply)

Coping With Acute Asthma / Heart Disease What Every One Should Know / Secrets On How To Live A Stressfree And Healthy Life!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.