Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,424 members, 7,861,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:25 AM

Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection (84 Views)

Ahmad Lawan Denies Sitting On Letters Of Defection / Osinbajo Meets Akpabio At Villa Ahead Of Defection To APC / APC To Witness Another Round Of Defection; Meetings To Hold Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection by lagostrendboy: 3:49pm On Apr 08
Peter Obi denies reports of defection

The Labour Party’s presidential candidate for 2023, Peter Obi, responded to media allegations implying that the party’s leadership problems may force him to leave before the 2027 election.

Benson Upah, a spokesman for the Nigeria Labour Congress, stated in a statement that Peter Obi, the former governor of Anambra State, is free to leave the LP. They said if he decides to do so, they won’t get in the way of his choices. Eyes Of Lagos reports,

Peter Obi debunks defection rumours
Peter Obi

Upah had said: “The right of choice is available to Mr Obi. If he chooses to leave the party, that is his preference. We can’t sit in judgment over him on that. But if he chooses to remain, of course, Peter Obi is an asset any day. I rest my case on that.”

Meanwhile, Peter Obi addressed the concerns during a press conference in Gombe State. He reassured everyone that he has no plans to join the Social Democratic Party (SDP) to pursue his political ambitions.

Obi said: “No, there is no such thing. I’m for peace, I like peace. I believe we are one people. Our concentration should be on peace, and I believe we will resolve all situations.”

While reacting to a possible collaboration with former Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-Rufai, the LP candidate said: “Well, I’m more interested now in Nigeria’s success today than tomorrow.

‘’We are always concentrating on the election rather than what Nigerians are going through. My commitment is about Nigerians living in a better society, given a better life, and that’s my concern.”

Decrying the increased electricity tariff for Band A consumers by the federal government through the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, NERC, Obi urged stakeholders to be strategic.

“We should all think it through, see how we can provide remedy. How we can deal with it, especially as it concerns the poor areas?

“Everywhere in the world, those living in Band A areas pay more while those in rural areas are subsidised. That is how it works,’’ Obi said.

https://eyesoflagos.com/2024/04/08/peter-obi-denies-reports-of-defection/

cc: mynd44 , Nlfpmod

Re: Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection by thesicilian: 4:02pm On Apr 08
At first I thought I saw defecation

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection by Judgementa1: 4:07pm On Apr 08
Won't be surprise if he did, that Obi regular trademark.

Running from one party to another without anything chasing him.
Re: Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection by PandoraObi: 4:11pm On Apr 08
Re: Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection by PandoraObi: 4:12pm On Apr 08
No moral standard
Re: Peter Obi Denies Reports Of Defection by Melagros(m): 4:32pm On Apr 08
COMRADES, beware of evil APC, they are ready to go extra mile to tarnish your hard-earned image

(1) (Reply)

Edugate: N30bn Recovered To Federal Government Account – EFCC / EFCC Investigates 8 Suspected Oil Thieves In Uyo / Eid: National Youth Alliance President Puts Smiles On Faces In Birnin Kudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.