Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi (12418 Views)

FFK Reacts To Blocking Of Food Supplies From The North To The South / Adamu Garba: For The North To Secede From Nigeria, Is Not A Bad Thing / Christmas: Address Insecurity, Poverty, Unemployment, PFN Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Fareke: 4:49am On Apr 09
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the 2023 election Peter Obi says the country needs to tackle the devastating effects of poverty and insecurity in the northern region of Nigeria through agriculture and industrial revolution.

Obi said this when he paid a courtesy visit to the Emir of Zazzau – in Kaduna State – Ambassador Nuhu Bamali as part of his ongoing tour of the North.

The LP chieftain lamented that the majority of the vast arable lands in the North are uncultivated while most of the industries in the region have shut down due to lack of political will and inconsistent government economic policies

He, however, noted that the current socioeconomic instability in the country requires that all citizens and leaders come together and see how the situation could be salvaged.

"The way things are in our country today requires that all of us must get involved in one way or the other. Nigeria has nothing to do with poverty if those of us who are political leaders including my humble self had decided to serve the country Faithfully. Because if we do, Nigeria will have anything to do with poverty. I will always say this anytime I have the opportunity because Nigeria is one of the countries in the world that is blessed with everything that is required,” Obi, a former governor of Anambra State, said on Monday.

God created us with a lot of resources, and if those resources are properly put in place, we will pull most poor people out of poverty. Looking at the North, we can make more money from agriculture than we are making from oil.

“We have vast uncultivated land in the North which can help pull people out of poverty provide food for Nigeria, provide raw materials for industrialisation, and support export. We need to invest in the North. Insecurity is driven by poverty, the more you pull people out of poverty, the more you reduce Insecurity”.

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/08/nigeria-must-invest-heavily-in-the-north-to-overcome-insecurity-poverty-obi/

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Savedday2: 4:53am On Apr 09
I strongly agree with him on this. If you have been to some states in the North, you will understand.

79 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by helinues: 5:16am On Apr 09
Are there no poverty too in the southern part of Nigeria?

What's Obi's obsession with North lately?

Na where this people dey get the mentality of impressing others while just couldn't do sh.it to develop their home region?

139 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by SmartPolician: 5:21am On Apr 09
The way Peter Obi keeps saying everything about the north since 2022, I hope he doesn't plan to become another Goodluck Jonathan who will focus on developing the North and neglecting the South.

Although I am not his fan, I like the way Tinubu is spreading projects across the country, especially with federal road construction.

However, that's not what Nigeria needs now. Nigeria needs true federalism so that states/zones can grow with the resources in their domains, have their police and pay taxes to the centre.

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by helinues: 5:23am On Apr 09
Savedday2:
I strongly agree with him on this. If you have been to some states in the North, you will understand.

So no poverty and insecurity in other part of the country apart from North bah?

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Igb0sCriminals: 5:25am On Apr 09
Hehehe

Coming from a man who could not save Anambra when he was a governor.

Under his watch Bakassi and Akuzu river extrajudicial killings happened.

People who want this man as our president do not mean well for this country.

They are just trying to brand and sell panda as gold for us for their own selfish interest which we all know.

The same man who hated the north with passion is suddenly advocating with them thinking the Northerners are fool.

During his tenure in Anamnra, he made it mandatory for every Hausa man to wear a tag on the neck.

Our northern brothers already said that he can continue breaking fast in every mosque and donating borehole in every LG in the north but they are waiting for him in 2027

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Kelklein(m): 5:27am On Apr 09
Nigeria is already doing that.. the problem is the elite's mentality that still encourages almajiri in the 21st century. And not enough has been done by them to educate the northern child. They would rather their own children studied abroad while the common people's kids roam the street with plates in hand.

The elites are to be blamed for 75% of the Northern problems.

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by EmeeNaka: 5:30am On Apr 09
Obi has said the truth with the Agricultural aspect.
The Northern lands needs to be cultivated, however it is almost impossible to bring security in the North. This is because the insecurity there are usually politicised and it is politicians that sponsors it

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by gaby(m): 5:31am On Apr 09
The people wey dey hail this one Don dey make am dey feel like a hybrid of Einstein and Tesla...lol

I dey one corner dey observe and laugh...

Yimu economist isonu...

Desperation at its best.

Come Bite me..

51 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Greenback: 5:31am On Apr 09
Obi please gbenue joor,which bloody north?
How long will this country continue to pamper the north?
What Nigeria need is for the south to be free,liberated from the north..

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by rinzaugustine: 5:31am On Apr 09
Mr Authentic! A man with human conscience that feels the heartbeat of an average Nigerian on the street suffering. Free and fair elections no living politician can beat Peter Obi in an election…Peter can fix Nigeria in 10 months by cutting the waste spent on corruption and spending it on the poor. The multiplier effect will make Nigerian economy one of the strongest. His security apparatus was the best as anambra govenor , education number one, he never borrowed a dime and left anambra debt free , built roads that connected the 177 communities in Anambra, built LG secretariats in the 21 LGAs of the state and healthcare centers , left 75bn (equivalent of almost a trillion today) for his predecessor . Peter Obi is an angel destined to put Nigeria on world map. A new Nigeria is possible with Peter Obi !

32 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Newton1045: 5:32am On Apr 09
Kpom

Leaving the north with their problems won't solve any issues. This bandit are weaponize, to fight other tribes and religion but, the aim seems defeated. They can't be satisfied. They killed lot of their people and kidnap them

Let's reason together. Let all the bandits come to town for dialogue and job given to many of them through a quota system or boom all de forest if they say nay

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by helinues: 5:32am On Apr 09
Kelklein:
Nigeria is already doing that.. the problem is the elite's mentality that still encourages almajiri in the 21st century. And not enough has been done by them to educate the northern child. They would rather their own children studied abroad while the common people's kids roam the street with plates in hand.

The Northern elites are to be blamed for 75% of the Northern problems.

Fixed for you

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by RichDad1(m): 5:33am On Apr 09
While this gbajue master is everywhere pandering to the northern states these days, his uncouth mobs are online dragging and abusing the same northerners. What an interesting combo 😄😄😄

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by EmeeNaka: 5:33am On Apr 09
Greenback:
Do you want Obi to say this to northern leaders?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by remi4ever(m): 5:34am On Apr 09
Greenback:
.Ahzin... Why so much pampering, a region that has refused to develop

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Greenback: 5:36am On Apr 09
helinues:

Na where this people dey get the mentality of impressing others while just couldn't do sh.it to develop their home region?
Me too,I really don't understand...I have never ever seen or heard a northerner saying same of the south,that the federal government should develop or invest more in the south, always the other way round.

25 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Meti99(m): 5:36am On Apr 09
This noise maker looking for cheap acceptance in the north.

Buhari just finished 8years, did he not invest heavily in the north?
He built road from the north into Niger republic..
He built train station in Katsina .
He supported terrorists, bandits, Fulani herdsmen with huge Nigeria's money through settlements and ransom payments...
He assisted them to displace communities at will...

What kind of investment is this flatted head talking about...again ?

Jonathan built schools, universities for them ..

Has any government abandoned the north ever since?

They have had highest number of head of state and president since this country started..
Didn't they invest heavily in the north...?

Mr confusion,
How many industries are there in the southern part of the country..?
How many companies did you establish in Anambra after 8 wasteful years as the governor?
Na now day break

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by TalkTalkTwins(m): 5:36am On Apr 09
Honestly speaking
Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Juju70(m): 5:36am On Apr 09
And what kind of investment are you thinking Mr Obi? The greatest investment the north needs now is education and brain re orientation from religious intolerance! After that security then anything else

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by helinues: 5:37am On Apr 09
Greenback:

Me too,I really don't understand...I have never ever seen or heard a northerner saying same of the south,that the federal government should develop or invest more in the south, always the other way round.

Na southern politicians dey always try to impress the north , where would the Northern politicians have time for southern people when they are yet to take care of their people?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Greenback: 5:37am On Apr 09
EmeeNaka:
Do you want Obi to say this to northern leaders?
Fkk those bloody northern leaders....fkk lord lugard

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by maasoap(m): 5:39am On Apr 09
Obi insulting the north as usual. I guess there is no insecurity and poverty in the east grin grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Flame333: 5:39am On Apr 09
Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by wolesmile(m): 5:40am On Apr 09
This Obi's newly found love for the North, ehn.

Him eyes go soon clear.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by DMerciful(m): 5:40am On Apr 09
He has been saying this even before 2023 election
helinues:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Natbrowny: 5:41am On Apr 09
Hold their thieving governors responsible first.

Coz na dem dey use state funds subsidize pilgrimage and masses never see KuliKuli chop let alone real food.

Spend 600 billion pounds in the north and u wont see any changes in lifestyle.. Except changes in roads and other meaningless structures.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by guysbewise: 5:41am On Apr 09
What exactly did he do in Anambra state when he was a governor?

chuksikem:
What exactly is peter obi doing in Anambra state? angry angry

Am confused to say the least, please someone should tell me because the anambra i visited has degenerated so much, cry

MrGlobe:
Nothing exactly my brother. I posted a thread earlier comparing him with Theodore orji of Abia state and everybody agreed he is worse. I went to Awka the capital and it was an eyesore. No roads, no planning, no infrastructure etc. There is absolutely no govt in anambra state.

chuksikem:
Was in awka some days back ,its really shameful, my heart bleeds for my state, from amansea to awka is still the same, pothole riddled roads,non-functioning street lights,refuse littering the entire state capital from arroma junction down to Ziks avenue, ,arthur eze,unizik junction,court road,udoka housing estate etc are still the same, no changes at all, the state capital still looks like a glorified village, angry

Civil servants and pensioners are been owed [b]3MONTHS [/b]salary, so many abandoned projects yet the woman sounding governor is always in abuja 24/7.

Please peter obi's handlers on nl should please enlighten us, angry angry

A state that has the highest number of successful human beings in the entire black nation, it hurts, cry cry

Wish soludo had won , undecided undecided

ifyalways:
Peter Obi can best be described as a curse and bad omen to Anambarians.

When would his tenure evem expire?Oh jees,what a wicked,visionless man.

SamMilla1:
Coincidentally, i asked myself the same question while driving back from Enugu to Onitsha this afternoon, 'what exactly is peter obi doing in anambra state'. I always divert at abba junction on my way from enugu and drove through a smooth single lane road constructed by ngige all the way nkpor and then down to obosi and awada where i stay. All the good roads in the whole state were constructed by ngige before they court-pulled him down and installed a greedy business man. Now his grand beer and malt are booming. While his state is deoriating.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by primeache: 5:41am On Apr 09
This man does not understand the challenges of the North.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by helinues: 5:41am On Apr 09
DMerciful:
He has been saying this even before 2023 election

Saying what?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by Blaze14k: 5:42am On Apr 09
Savedday2:

People that have been in power for God knows how long. You people are not serious, do you really think they care?

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Must Invest Heavily In The North To Overcome Insecurity, Poverty – Obi by wunmi590(m): 5:44am On Apr 09

The first thing they need to do is to try and stop their incessant over population in the north, giving birth too much without catering for them will definitely cause insecurity

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General / Okorocha: I Have Retired Old Politicians In Imo So Young People Can Take Over / Knock, Knock. Who’s There? By Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.