Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Experience In Pictures During The Solar Eclipse - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / My Experience In Pictures During The Solar Eclipse (41 Views)

US-Based Nigerian Nurse Captures The Solar Eclipse / Rare 'Ring Of Fire' Solar Eclipse To Take Place On June 10 (Pictures) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience In Pictures During The Solar Eclipse by ffo(m): 5:05pm On Apr 09
So i went to Waco, Texas to watch the eclipse, Waco was one of the cities on the path of totality, i traveled for 4 hours to watch it, it was fun all the way.

There was lots of conspiracies and prophecies about the eclipse (for those of you that like insulting Nigeria, its not only in Africa or Nigeria that you have things like that). some people called it the Nineveh eclipse (it passes through 2 towns called Nineveh and Jonah), some called it Judgment day eclipse (because the path forms an "X" across America), etc.

Thousands of Americans and tourists traveled to the cities of totality, those cities where crowded especially smaller towns like Waco, Spring, Jonah, Lampasas, etc. Hotels were fully booked, local communities and residents charged for parking and viewing (i paid $10 to park in a compound).
The next solar eclipse in America will be in 2044.
Enjoy the view

(1) (Reply)

10 Must-have Features For An NFT Gaming Platform / What Are The Revenue Streams On Opensea Clone Scripts Are Available? / EMR Software Features Nigeria 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.