Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,367 members, 7,815,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati (20999 Views)

Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Dances To Celebrate PDP And Obaseki's Victory / Edo Election: Philip Shaibu Loses LG To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by yakson84(m): 1:52pm On Apr 10
office of the deputy governor is nothing but spare tire. Nigeria constitution is written by clueless people. MrReuben point of correction kwankwaso supported ganduje in 2015 to succeeded him. To those in power today nothing last 4rever .
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by mu2sa2: 1:54pm On Apr 10
For now Phillips Shuaibi is gone, but time will tell whether he's a goner.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by LordIsaac(m): 2:10pm On Apr 10
theysg:
This was when I predicted Phillip's current predicament. You cannot be a Nigerian politician and be as foolish as Shuaibu. You need to be strategic and at the same time silent, If possible, deny some of your moves and dissociate from some people publicly.

It's called Politics for a reason.

Now Shuaibu will never amount to anything in the Nigerian political sphere, his ambition is dead on arrival.

The only way out for him is to go back to the grassroots and do some rigorous politics... He needs to play the victim card with his grassroots people and pretend that an injury to one is an injury to all... Then after that, he can go ahead to pick a Senatorial ambition. That is the only bet for him.

Otherwise, he should just go back to Accounting.
Pauline Tallen of Plateau tried it and Jonah Jang put her in her place. That was when I acknowledged the power governors wield!
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by DagashSamson: 2:15pm On Apr 10
An avoidable end for Philip. His very young and can till do alot with his life.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by FireUpNow(m): 2:16pm On Apr 10
Oh Ruben Abati, where have you been? How I miss your beautiful write ups

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by Desusi: 2:23pm On Apr 10
Oh,my friend shuaibu,l would suggest u read between lines and take necessary steps from the forgoing, its never too late to be great again.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by spencekat(m): 2:26pm On Apr 10
Starboytwo:
I love to read Rueben Abati article.
Sure, he writes well.

1 Like

Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by saintmm(m): 3:32pm On Apr 10
I'm not a fan of any of the duo, but, I will take all these opinions serious after September gubernatorial election.
Dan Orbih factor, Oshiomhole factor, Woke factor, Tinubu factor, Edo people's response to Gov Obaseki governance.
Meanwhile, I strongly believe that some forces are using Shaibu. Who they are? What's their script? How's Shuaibu able to act the script to their satisfaction?
Interesting times ahead in Edo politics.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by ttobizz(m): 3:40pm On Apr 10
Where's that hellineous fellow? I think his views are different from those of Agbati's
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by korm2me(m): 4:05pm On Apr 10
theysg:
This was when I predicted Phillip's current predicament. You cannot be a Nigerian politician and be as foolish as Shuaibu. You need to be strategic and at the same time silent, If possible, deny some of your moves and dissociate from some people publicly.

Now Shuaibu will never amount to anything in the Nigerian political sphere, his ambition is dead on arrival.

The only way out for him is to go back to the grassroots and do some rigorous politics... He needs to play the victim card with his grassroots people and pretend that an injury to one is an injury to all... Then after that, he can go ahead to pick a Senatorial ambition. That is the only bet for him.

Senatorial position? Like you forgot he is from same district as Oshomole. He can never win any election against Oshomole in Akoko edo
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by TheOgaBoss: 4:29pm On Apr 10
Fiscus105:

Your analysis reeks of prejudice.

So, for Shaibu to show interest in gov's seat is what you termed betrayal"

Shaibu started hobnobbing with APC , when he had seeing clear handwriting of his principal, that he didn't favor not only him, but every other person they can called insiders in Edo politics.
oga shuaibu tried to hijack the leadership of the house of assembly, he was secretly negotiating with APC members of the house, no governor will allow that, I bet I if it was someone like oshomhole that was governor he would have long been impeached.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by TheOgaBoss: 4:32pm On Apr 10
theysg:

oga don't make me laugh, are u aware shuaibu is from the same senatorial district as oshomhole? not even a thousand shuabus can unseat oshomhole in the senatorial election.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by TheOgaBoss: 4:35pm On Apr 10
frog12:
who dey post this NONSENSE article ??

shuaibu never OUTSHINE his master. he wanted to contest for governorship. how is that outshining

kai, reuben! shocked
have u listened to any of his TV interview? he talks like he is the Governor',
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by RakunXx: 4:45pm On Apr 10
Well done oga Ruben abati
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by seunayantokun(m): 5:12pm On Apr 10
Bitter lesson indeed but if he's a born politician, he can fly again. He only needs to mend his net. Also noteworthy is karma because men can't be God, so Obaseki may not go without it because Edo no be Lagos.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by rilChilz: 5:52pm On Apr 10
Obaseki was smart in removing him... But being smart doesnt mean your right.. Shuaibu commited NO constitutional crime
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by writeprof(m): 6:03pm On Apr 10
There is hope for him. We need youth like him. Let him come and contest for President in 2027.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by theysg: 7:08pm On Apr 10
korm2me:

Senatorial position? Like you forgot he is from same district as Oshomole. He can never win any election against Oshomole in Akoko edo

That can be contested at the poll, and only Time and Strategy will tell.

Shuaibu does not any choice right now, that's the only shot he has left.

And dont overestimate Oshiomole, Shuaibu still have electoral value, if Shuaibu is fast enough, he can maintain the steam and dethrone Oshiomole soon... He need to begin to change the narrative right away, and he has to do it from the grassroot...
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by theysg: 7:08pm On Apr 10
TheOgaBoss:
oga don't make me laugh, are u aware shuaibu is from the same senatorial district as oshomhole? not even a thousand shuabus can unseat oshomhole in the senatorial election.

Shuaibu does not have any choice right now, that's the only shot he has left.

And dont overestimate Oshiomole, Shuaibu still have electoral value, if Shuaibu is fast enough, he can maintain the steam and dethrone Oshiomole soon... He need to begin to change the narrative right away, and he has to do it from the grassroot...
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by Kasholapo210: 7:37pm On Apr 10
The issue of Deputy Govs, can be treated thoroughly by the constitution amendment, assign specific roles for them. The Govs that always regarding themselves as demi God can also be cut to size by removing the immunity accorded the office of the Gov.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by KingPure(m): 2:51am On Apr 11
No he can't. Mr Philip Shuaibu has been to the lower chamber before just before he became the Deputy Governor. And now,he can't go to the Senate until Adams Oshiomhole finds his hands on other things (they're from the same constituency).

gabicon:
First of all, there has never been any governor Vs deputy governor battle in Nigeria were the deputy came out triumphant. The lesson to this is never mess with the boss. I expected that Oga Philip will go back to the national assembly, consolidate there and come back to stake a claim to the gubernatorial ticket.

Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by TheOgaBoss: 1:51pm On Apr 11
theysg:

oga u are not fr Edo state, so lemme pardon u political naivity.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by TheOgaBoss: 1:53pm On Apr 11
theysg:

oga u are not fr Edo state, so lemme pardon u political naivity. a shuabu that could not even win his L.G.A. even withe the powers of a deputy gov( the no2 citizen of the state), u are funny.
Re: Philip Shaibu: Lessons In Power - Reuben Abati by Antoeni(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11
He has zero impact
Zero legacy and believe me , no be everyone sabi am for Abia

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso’s Greatest Mistake In Life Was Installing Ganduje As Governor – Aide / 2019: Stop Playing God, Northern Youths Tell Obasanjo / NJC Sacks Justice Adeniyi Ademola, Shuns His Resignation Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.