Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. (1200 Views)

Obi's Borehole Has Stopped Working 2 Weeks After Commissioning - Sani Attahiru / Obi’s Borehole Commissiong: No Death, Trauma Nor Injury - Mahdi Shehu. / People Who Hated Niger Because Of Hatred For Buhari Now Its Best Lovers - Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by freshvine(f): 12:48pm On Apr 10
Slytiger:
Compare with this. Stop celebrating rubbish.

The community did not see water because of government neglect and a kind hearted Nigerian in the person of Peter Obi did it.

Shelve your hate and commend him.

You're posting unrealistic pictures as though he's government saddled with such responsibility.

May you not get help cos of much expectations you didn't labour for.
Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by DMerciful(m): 2:40pm On Apr 10
This is govt money. You're slow!
Slytiger:
Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by DMerciful(m): 2:41pm On Apr 10
As a private citizen? You too slow
Slytiger:

Sharap. Tinubu commissions water works and not some 19th century pump and borehole.
Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by Slytiger: 2:41pm On Apr 10
DMerciful:
This is govt money. I am slow!
Fixed for you.

2 term former governor, former VP candidate of PDP , someone contesting to be president and an active party state man.

Peter Obi the agulu fraud is using Anambra's stolen money.
Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by blancsn1: 3:17pm On Apr 10
If this is truly the best this Pandora Criminal bastard Peter Peter Obi can do after 8 years of relentless loot of Anambra. I weep for you.

PointZerom:
Looking at these two projects, you'll agree with me that the one done by Obi is more durable, environmental friendly, well sitted on a concrete tank base above all, does not pose any form of danger either to the tank or to people around it.

Now look at the one done by the corper.
It is not durable.
It is a time bomb because the base is not concrete but a cemented half walls with woooden platform which will never stand the test of time.

It will collapse once the woods absolve so much water and may lead to serious damage to the tank and even human death if caution is not applied.
It also comes with a financial burden of always changing the woods unlike Obi own.

As a dealer and a building contractor I will chose Obi's own ahead of the other one though the two are serving the same purpose.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by PointZerom: 5:51pm On Apr 10
blancsn1:
If this is truly the best this Pandora Criminal bastard Peter Peter Obi can do after 8 years of relentless loot of Anambra. I weep for you.

It's far better than what Tinubu has given to you. Weep more for yourself.

Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by opebanwo: 9:27pm On Apr 11
Peter Obi’s Boreholes And The Hypocrisy Of Some Ungrateful Nigerians (Read full story from Dr Ope Banwo here: https://mayoroffadeyi.com/peter-obis-boreholes-and-the-hypocrisy-of-nigerians/)

First to be clear, As Founder of Naija lives matter Organization, I am officially now unaligned to any party after the election as our focus is now on what is best for Nigeria and Nigerians and not any political personality or party.

However, I am somewhat miffed and disappointed that many Nigerians think it’s acceptable to criticize Peter Obi, a FORMER presidential candidate with no official portfolio, for his commendable charitable act of constructing simple boreholes for some communities.

How is this a negative action or something he should be ashamed of?

Is he their elected governor or local government chairman?

If the communities really think it’s beneath them then they should reject it and use the one provided by their elected officials, if any!

Obviously it is becos their local officials failed them that someone like Peter Obi could even be in a position to give them some boreholes.

So, I say Shior to all @PeterObi CRITICS CONCERNING THE WATER BOREHOLE ISSUE, PLEASE BE SILENT!

The truth is only a confused and ungrateful people would criticize a private citizen for using his own money to do what your local government cannot, by providing a basic amenity like water to rural areas.

These are areas previously relying on muddy water from dirty streams. To them, a borehole represents a MAJOR improvement in their standard of living even if that sounds crazy to those of us with comfortable houses abroad or locally . So, it is senseless and uncharitable to criticize him for providing a practical, basic, and inexpensive solution. Or did you all expect him to implement massive piped water systems just because he is a politician, even though he does not hold any elective post or have a budget from the people?

It’s just plain annoying! We elected officials with huge budgets who do nothing, yet want to criticize a private citizen for doing the little he can?

In any case, a borehole, like what Peter Obi provided, is exactly what’s sensible for some rural areas at their current level of development. That’s just a fact and not an insult. Even my own village in Ijebu imushin would probably appreciate more boreholes right now that will give them immediate access to drinkable water than to wait on long promises from politicians that may not be fulfilled for years! Full disclosure: Myself and my siblings DID build a borehole for our village a few years back and they are eternally grateful for it. Or would then say we should go do major pipe-borne water project with our little resources ?

This whole dragging is even nonsensical because many high brow and prosperous areas even in urban cities rely on boreholes for survival!

FYI, even at my lagos house in a prestigious estate off Chevron in high-end Lekki, where the cheapest house is probably around N200 million now or over N8 million rent annually, we still rely on a borehole just like that one Peter Obi gifted those communities at the back for our water because the government piped water does not flow regularly!!!

I also notice that many areas in Lekki, Victoria Island, and Ikoyi have similar boreholes. So why are the hypocrites complaining? Or are you all trying to say your house, village, or city, regardless of where you live, does not have a borehole?

You know, even in areas where you have government piped water, drinking water directly from the tap without a serious anti-dysentery medicine nearby is a risky endeavor.

Of course, our nation and its people deserve better in 2024. We deserve good piped water that is DRINKABLE, but we mostly do not have it due to government corruption and inefficiency. So, wherever we see someone willing to spend their money to provide a borehole, we must applaud it instead of criticizing them, perhaps because we disagree with their politics.

Stop conflating issues, people; it’s misguided and leave Peter Obi alone!

Ope Banwo
Mayor of Fadeyi
Founder, Naija Lives Matter

Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by chidiokay: 10:29pm On Apr 11
sekundosekundo:

Borehole comes in various kinds depending on the people you're doing it for.

You don't create more financial burden to already impoverished community in the name of giving them borehole.

It's like giving a poor man a Jet which you know he can't maintain instead of giving him kurupe or Keke to go and hustle.

You no well, out of desperation to defend Peter Obi at all cost you had to go pick a bore hole donated by an Nysc corpers .. smh

The corpers donated bore hole even looks more presentable & neat, if the corper is half as rich as Peter Obi definitely he would have done it more better, those woods underneath span average of 4yrs or more

Comparing Peter Obi project with what a mere Corper ... you no just get shame

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by Amumaigwe: 2:30am On Apr 12
Slytiger:

Good. Since you have a better solution, go to other parts of the North Obi is yet to reach with his water supply intervention projects and donate that. He is just a private citizen like you.
Re: Peter Obi's Borehole: When A Time Bomb Is More Accepted Just Because Of Hatred. by sekundosekundo: 10:17am On Apr 27
chidiokay:

You no well, out of desperation to defend Peter Obi at all cost you had to go pick a bore hole donated by an Nysc corpers .. smh

The corpers donated bore hole even looks more presentable & neat, if the corper is half as rich as Peter Obi definitely he would have done it more better, those woods underneath span average of 4yrs or more

Comparing Peter Obi project with what a mere Corper ... you no just get shame

Efulefu, this is my line and I will educate that what matters is not the beauty but the quality of water coming out. F00000001.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If I Was The President / Apartheid In South Africa, A Blessing Or A Course? / Curfew In Port Harcourt!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.