Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,252 members, 7,815,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG (6093 Views)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members Will Get Half Pay — Tahir Mamman / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU / FG Releases N16.8bn To Settle Tertiary Institutions Salary Arrears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:09am On Apr 11
The Federal Government says members of the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU, and the Non-Academic Staff Union, NASU, will get half of their withheld salaries should President Bola Tinubu approve the payment of their salary arrears.

The Minister of Education, Tahir Mamman, revealed this on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Wednesday monitored by DAILY POST.

The minister said the non-academic staff members of universities were not on strike for the same period in 2022 as their academic counterparts.

He stated that the government has been doing everything possible to get a relief for them.

Asked what has delayed the payment to NASU and SSANU members, Mamman said, “No, it has not been approved.

“There is a court judgement on no work, no pay. ASUU getting four months’ pay was actually a discretion and decision on the part of the President. So, it doesn’t automatically transfer (to NASU and SSANU) but the matter is under consideration.

“I don’t think it is safe to put a time on it but it’s safer to say that we are on it and we are pushing.

While speaking on the claim of discrimination by NASU and SSANU, the minister said, “That cannot be right, there is no rating. These are people working in the same terrain, they are doing different things but all working towards the same goal.

DAILY POST reports that in March, SSANU and NASU members embarked on a one-week warning strike to protest their withheld salaries by the Federal Government.

The two unions criticized the Federal Government for paying withheld salaries to the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, while neglecting the non-academic unions.

All the unions had embarked on an eight-month strike in 2022 to press home some of their demands including a better welfare package.

DAILY POST recalls that the immediate past administration of President Muhammadu Buhari subsequently invoked a ‘No Work, No Pay policy’ against the unions but President Bola Tinubu last October approved the release of four of the eight months withheld salaries.

SSANU and NASU accused the Federal Government of unfair treatment and discrimination by failing to pay them like their academic counterparts.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/10/salary-arrears-ssanu-nasu-members-to-get-half-pay-nigerian-govt/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by ignis: 6:13am On Apr 11
The government will always win.

5 Likes

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by helinues: 6:14am On Apr 11
cool
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by atobs4real(m): 6:43am On Apr 11
Good one and better than nothing
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by Fairview1: 6:44am On Apr 11
Imagine a country that owes the most important builders of their economy. I don't usually like to complain about the things I can't change, but whenever I do, I like to share my view on what I believe that if it gets done, a change would come.

No nation rise without education. I mean quality education. One that prepares people on how to create the future and it starts with treating teachers of all levels with dignity. FG has a lot to do.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by atobs4real(m): 6:44am On Apr 11
If federal government wants to have peace, better they pay it all
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by sonofthunder: 6:45am On Apr 11
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/10/salary-arrears-ssanu-nasu-members-to-get-half-pay-nigerian-govt/

When?

Hope it wouldn't take another 3 - 6 months?

Also, has the 4 months salary actually been paid to lecturers or it's simply approved awaiting payment? Who can confirm that pls?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by Flame333: 6:45am On Apr 11
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by free2ryhme: 6:50am On Apr 11

2 Likes

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by DankemzI(m): 6:52am On Apr 11
Bola Ahmed for try well well because I know lots of SSANU' members starving already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by Tjra: 6:52am On Apr 11
atobs4real:
If federal government wants to have peace, better they pay it all
You fit frustrate government? Dey play
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by kingsways: 6:57am On Apr 11
Pay them all their salaries and stop all these unnecessary disruptions to the school calendar

3 Likes

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by Galaticos444: 6:58am On Apr 11
Government of propaganda.smh

1 Like

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by atobs4real(m): 7:07am On Apr 11
Tjra:

Why not. Government no go rest until they answer some things ooo

2 Likes

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by Newton1045: 7:09am On Apr 11
Tinubu is trying
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by viver1: 7:10am On Apr 11
sonofthunder:

When?

Hope it wouldn't take another 3 - 6 months?

Also, has the 4 months salary actually been pain to lecturers or it's simply approved awaiting payment? Who can confirm that pls?
Payment confirmed. grin

1 Like

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by kennyz247(m): 7:10am On Apr 11
Good relive for them...
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by cjudy(m): 7:12am On Apr 11
WILL
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by anonimi: 7:19am On Apr 11
DankemzI:
Bola Ahmed for try well well because I know lots of SSANU' members starving already

Do you mean that they have joined the ranks of Emilokan wailers who are experiencing Enikanlomo shege ebiNpawa extreme poverty due to ThiefNuibu's Lagos looting and governance cluelessness that has been elevated to national level.

Propaganda is truly different from proper agenda provision of common utilities, services and facilities by employing civil servants and paying them well relative to politicians. Truly ariwo yato si music.

Was this not how Obasanjo withheld a portion Lagos LGA allocation because Thiefnuibu and Osinbajo thought they were overwise in creating unconstitutional LGAs, but ThieNuibu's propaganda machine said it was all of Lagois allocation that was withheld

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by udemzyudex(m): 7:22am On Apr 11
ignis:
The government will always win.

Yet they want to give them half of WITHHELD pay.

1 Like

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by LaziestYouth: 7:22am On Apr 11
Good
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by sonofthunder: 7:26am On Apr 11
viver1:

Payment confirmed. grin

Make I go tax all the lecturers I Sabi...... And them just quiet since dey await another four months.

@viver1 you fit start this thing na..... Anything for your boy grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by kingphilip(m): 7:30am On Apr 11
But why pay them half and not the whole?

I know the unions don't usually go on strike just like that but do go when government do not meet up with one or more of their demands. The government should at all times try to stop the causes of the industrial action instead of just carrying out ridiculous injustice by withholding their pay.
Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by MuslimIgbo: 7:30am On Apr 11
Foolish government.
So you'll pay ASUU full and pay others half and you expect Peace to reign?
BECAUSE ASUU HAS TWO HEADS, RIGHT?
UNA NEVER READY...

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by anonimi: 7:38am On Apr 11
Tjra:

Was that not how Fayemi and co frustrated Jonathan's government by playing politics with petrol market deregulation

Na you dey play.

hisexcellency34:
A former Governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, on Tuesday, said the protest that trailed the fuel subsidy removal during the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan in 2012 was due to political interests.

Fayemi said this in his keynote address delivered at a national dialogue organised to celebrate the 60th birthday celebration of the founding National Secretary of Alliance for Democracy and Fellow, Abuja School of Social and Political Thought, Professor Udenta Udenta in Abuja.

The programme was attended by Jonathan, former Minister of Education, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili; former Minister of Aviation, Osita Chidoka, among others.

According to him, the last time Nigeria experienced economic development was during Jonathan’s administration

Fayemi said, “Today, I read former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s interview in The Cable saying our liberal democracy is not working and we need to revisit it, and I agree with him. We must move from the political alternatives. I think we are almost on a dead end of that.

“What we need is alternative politics and my own notion of alternative politics is that you can’t have 35 per cent of the vote and take 100 per cent. It won’t work! We must look at proportional representation so that the party that is said to have won 21 per cent of the votes will have 21 per cent of the government. Adversary politics bring division and enmity.

“All political parties in the country agreed and they even put in their manifesto that subsidy must be removed. We all said subsidy must be removed. But we in ACN at the time, in 2012, we know the truth Sir, but it is all politics.

https://punchng.com/breaking-fuel-subsidy-we-played-politics-with-2012-occupy-nigeria-fayemi/?amp

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Arrears: SSANU, NASU Members To Get Half Of Withheld Pay — FG by Djele: 7:42am On Apr 11
Who made the government? Foolish talk
Tjra:

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Bet You Will View This Pic Twice. / 2013 May / June Waec Timetable / Get Connected With Wealthy Sugar Mummy,daddy.gay,lesbia. From Marriage Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.