Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope (58991 Views)

How I Survived The Boat Accident That Killed Junior Pope - Survivor TC (Video) / Sophie Alakija Survives Accident With Her Family - Husband & 2 Children / Soldier Who Died In Accident With Ebony Reigns Will Punished For 40 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Sophy22(f): 11:13pm On Apr 11
My heart bleeds undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Dmanky(m): 11:24pm On Apr 11
KingLennon:

Death is a must sad

Death is a must but not like these ones……
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Real2088: 12:05am On Apr 12
techub:
This obviously means that more than 24hrs after the accident, the government has not down anything

Bro you sound funny, which government? grin
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by BRATISLAVA: 1:06am On Apr 12
airsaylongcome:

90% of Nigerians DON'T KNOW how to swim

It isn't a part of their kindergarten curriculum.
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Love800(m): 2:07am On Apr 12
But at least you will suspend yourself on the water with the swimming skills till help comes your way.
mightyhazel:
how many kilometers can u swim ? How many hours can u swim? How powerful are u to beat the steady strong currents

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by airsaylongcome: 2:22am On Apr 12
BRATISLAVA:

It isn't a part of their kindergarten curriculum.

The 10% I left is for communities on the banks of water bodies. I'm not a proficient swimmer, but went to my village last year. I was shocked to see children under 5 years old moving like tadpoles in the water unaided. My mother would have had a pulmonary embolism if any of those were here children

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Melonsmasher: 3:22am On Apr 12
Whack nollywood producers, carelessly let these lives waste over a clueless movie
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Ejiakusmith(m): 3:54am On Apr 12
So how many swimming competitions you don win 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷 wereeeeey

GreatOchuks:

Be sensible for once , it's a River , not in the middle of the Sea .
Even if they cannot swim to Shore , they can always remain afloat and cling to the boat till help comes .
But because they can't swim , they started gulping in water immediately and drowned .

The only ways for a Swimmer to drown in that situation is if he is cut deeply by the Boat fan or another victim who can't swim holds on to him tightly
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by tetralogyfallot(m): 4:45am On Apr 12
mightyhazel:
how many kilometers can u swim ? How many hours can u swim? How powerful are u to beat the steady strong currents
not swim but at least stay afloat
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by riczy(m): 6:13am On Apr 12
techub:
This obviously means that more than 24hrs after the accident, the government has not down anything
Keep blaming govt for carelessness!
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Benoxvals(m): 6:36am On Apr 12
mightyhazel:

Plus all the marine spirits that will be dragging you from the leg down
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Tonididdyx: 8:02am On Apr 12
Life jackets
Life jackets

CPR
CPR

Speed kills
Speed kills
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by ericmor: 10:01am On Apr 12
KingLennon:
Water sweet only for inside cup sad. Water no get enemy at the same time, e no get friend....

Water no get enemy true true and we are all her friend. If you can't swim, then be on safety jacket why on the boat and don't go on a boat if u can not swim and have nothing necessarily doing on that boat. If water no get friend as you mentioned, we all for don die nau, just by a rain fall alone
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by GreatOchuks: 10:10am On Apr 12
Ejiakusmith:

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by GreatOchuks: 10:10am On Apr 12
Ejiakusmith:

And I even thought you have Sense ,,, instead of you to take the free hints to save yourself if you find yourself in such situation or advice your kind who's a novice in Water , you are asking foolish questions.

Just like a Bungalow, you have nothing upstairs
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by KingLennon(m): 11:21am On Apr 12
ericmor:

Water no get enemy true true and we are all her friend. If you can't swim, then be on safety jacket why on the boat and don't go on a boat if u can not swim and have nothing necessarily doing on that boat. If water no get friend as you mentioned, we all for don die nau, just by a rain fall alone
E get people wer born for riverine areas, but water still dey carry them. Even fish wer be friend with water, water still dey cook am cheesy. U now understand?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by DrAkpamudehe: 11:54am On Apr 12
haphizz57:

They are nt talking of swimming pool here. Water that has big current. How many u wan swim

River Niger doesn't have big current
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by BRATISLAVA: 12:41pm On Apr 12
airsaylongcome:

The 10% I left is for communities on the banks of water bodies. I'm not a proficient swimmer, but went to my village last year. I was shocked to see children under 5 years old moving like tadpoles in the water unaided. My mother would have had a pulmonary embolism if any of those were here children

The African sense of self preservation is very strong. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Evolutionary response, though? There are no facilities to treat a water logged patient, so it is best Africans stay away from water. Not to mention that across organizations that aren't into E&P, there is hardly anyone that can swim. Emergency services, if existent, would have staff that can't swim.

As you say, it's probably only regions near water or with sustenance from water who could possibly be able to swim. It's a black people thing anyway. After maintenance, fear water.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by chinchum(m): 1:02pm On Apr 12
Justdogood:
The crazy thing is ...

As we are mourning and grieving for their death, someone or some people somewhere now in Nigeria are boarding rickety canoes and boats without life vests and safety equipments.

And they think or keep reminding themselves that its just not important or say na oyibo people them make the thing for.
Playing ludo with their lives.

So annoying and pathetic.

May the ALMIGHTY grant them eternal rest.
Nigerians are not picking the right message from the accident, it can be seen from the spiritual perspective many commenters on Nairaland took. Even a survivor was talking about appeasing gods with Fanta. He forgot to mention he most likely had swimming skills although not wearing life jacket.

Oyinbos learn from near-miss incident to prevent accident, Nigerians simply give testimony and say God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Sleekfingers: 1:33pm On Apr 12
Avoidable death with simply wearing of lifejackets. I don't pity fools....
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Sleekfingers: 1:34pm On Apr 12
Tonytonex:
the producer of that movie should be arrested. And the maker.
"On the other side of life" is the title

Some of you just talk foolishly online. Arrest the producer for what ?
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Edoziesmart(m): 1:39pm On Apr 12
Pepperdemisback:

He was revived. It is the tradition of most River side communities not to take away drowned persons. No First Aid there, they were asked to go and do sacrifice to the River Goddess. It seems they didn't allow him to be taken away to the hospital, that's why he died. They might not release the corpse, they are buried by the River side.
If they didn't do sacrifice to the water goddess to appease the spirit then the dead person MUST be buried behind the river.
The corpse won't enter morgue. Unless the community tradition is not strong.
In my own community, you can't take the corpse of anybody drown in the river to anywhere to be buried unless better sacrifice is done else the calamity the family of the desease will receive no be here.
Talking from first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by haphizz57(m): 2:29pm On Apr 12
DrAkpamudehe:

River Niger doesn't have big current
I thought it. The current under is by far higher than d up one
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by DrAkpamudehe: 2:31pm On Apr 12
haphizz57:

I thought it. The current under is by far higher than d up one

That one go be mammy water current na.
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by haphizz57(m): 2:39pm On Apr 12
DrAkpamudehe:

That one go be mammy water current na.
Lol. Which one is mammy water current again?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by DrAkpamudehe: 2:52pm On Apr 12
haphizz57:

Lol. Which one is mammy water current again?

Wetin dey under water? No be mammy water?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by CaptMarvel(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12
sunsweet33:

What! How do you know.
I've heard stories dear! Stories beyond the veil covering the eyes.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by sunsweet33: 4:28pm On Apr 12
CaptMarvel:
I've heard stories dear! Stories beyond the veil covering the eyes.

Hmm. Ok
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by Joy2dworldxyz: 4:54pm On Apr 12
Arizoner:
you can you swim

If I fall insider river Na only God can save me
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by kabuski(m): 5:27pm On Apr 12
Just wondering why there are no regulatory measures on our water ways. No standards in a lot we do in this country. Obviously also, the enforcers would have been corrupted and will always through blind eyes to the un wholesome practices in that system. For crying out loud, live jackets can be made out of hard stereofoam which will serve as alternative to the imported ones
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by haphizz57(m): 5:50pm On Apr 12
DrAkpamudehe:

Wetin dey under water? No be mammy water?
Me i dnt knw dat one o. Lol
Re: Photos Of The Sound Guy And Makeup Artist In Boat Accident With Jnr Pope by airsaylongcome: 11:59pm On Apr 13
CaptMarvel:

Most times when these things happen, what the victim sees is different, they will just see a hand grab and drag them down and suddenly they find themselves in a beautiful strange environment. And that's all.

There’s no hand dragging them. What you are referring to is called under currents and is a well known phenomena. Which is why no one should swim in random rivers unless they know what they are doing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lota Chukwu 'KIKI' Opens Up On Beef Between Toyo Baby And Funke Akindele / Victor Osuagwu Pictured With Norsemen Confraternity Members In Ghana. Photo / Denrele Edun's Outfit To AMVCA 2015 Has Got Everyone Talking!!!! (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.