Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani (223 Views)

We Do Not Have The Intention To Increase Our PMS Pump Prices - NNPC / Akwa Ibom Christmas Village Has Generated Over N1bn Within One Month - Esin / No Light For A Month Yet PHEDC Brings Bill Of Zero Naira (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani by bolaayenimo: 11:09am On Apr 11
Monday Ubani, a former second national vice-president of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), has urged the federal government to ensure that all Nigerians are metered before increasing electricity tariff.

Speaking during a chat with TheCable on Tuesday, Ubani implored Adebayo Adelabu, minister of power; and the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC); to ensure that stakeholders in the energy sector do not derail the “good plans” of the federal government by imposing more hardship on Nigerians.

“Right now, we are unable to generate enough to distribute which is actually what is causing a lot of problems in the system,” he said.

“Even those in Band A are not getting the 20 to 24 hours of electricity they talked about. I live in an estate and I am not getting anything close to that. Maybe only those in Banana Island are getting it".

"Right now, the minister has not addressed the issue of metering. The DisCos are still doing estimated bills. What they will do now is, they will increase everyone’s tariff and will be giving you estimated bills. Meanwhile, you don’t have a meter to measure the quantity you are using. The federal government should address the issue of metering before increasing tariff.

“They said they removed the subsidy on electricity being consumed by customers on Band A feeders but I don’t think that is true. The DisCos are going ahead to increase the tariff for everyone, not only those in Band A. I was called from my village that they will soon increase our electricity even when we have had no light for years.”

https://www.thecable.ng/monday-ubani-fg-should-address-mass-metering-before-increasing-electricity-tariff/

Re: My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani by helinues: 11:12am On Apr 11
And you are still waiting for government after years

Dansaki ehh.

Hope una water never run dry up to a year sha
Re: My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani by slivertongue: 11:27am On Apr 11
energy scam

1 Like

Re: My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani by YorubaNOlevel: 11:33am On Apr 11
helinues:

Dansaki ehh.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani by nairavsdollars(f): 1:38pm On Apr 11
You mean they should fix the electricity themselves?
helinues:

Dansaki ehh.

1 Like

Re: My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani by helinues: 1:51pm On Apr 11
nairavsdollars:
You mean they should fix the electricity themselves?

I said they should continue waiting
Re: My Village Has No Light For Years, Yet Disco Wants To Increase Our Tariff- Ubani by Melagros(m): 2:20pm On Apr 11
COMRADES I totally agree with Ubani, all Nigerians should be metered before any electricity increment

(1) (Reply)

Efcc Withdraws Appeal Case Against Yahaya Bello / Ndi Anambra South Will Get It Right With Chief Dr Anslem Enyimba In The Senate / Osinbajo’s Stabilising Role In The Polity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.