Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,766 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive (55830 Views)

Baby Monkey Clinging To Dead Mother In Lion's Mouth (Graphic Photos) / California: Hero Mom Punches, Fights Off Mountain Lion After It Attacked Her Son / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Judolisco(m): 1:27pm On Apr 11
advanceDNA:

Lol......no need to argue with you....

If u read am...u no go say na becos of sapa
they ate d lion because they were hungry....
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Zooposki(f): 1:28pm On Apr 11
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by advanceDNA: 1:29pm On Apr 11
Judolisco:

grin grin grin

Baba.....Whatever makes u sleep well is fine by me
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Winnin009: 1:29pm On Apr 11
SUPERPACK:
This is what makes lion the king, endurance. Others would have run away from the challenge, but he chose to die in honour than back off. This is what the life of male lion is all about, fighting against fellow male dominant lions to protect their territory. Respect.

So the other that ran off is a dog or what? lol.
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Zooposki(f): 1:32pm On Apr 11
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by JoeEeL(m): 1:41pm On Apr 11
Allisgud:
I thought they say lion don't eat lion

They didnt eat na
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Originalsly: 1:42pm On Apr 11
SUPERPACK:

This is what makes lion the king, endurance. Others would have run away from the challenge, but he chose to die in honour than back off. This is what the life of male lion is all about, fighting against fellow male dominant lions to protect their territory. Respect.

I've watched a lot of documentaries on big cats and other animals. From what I've seen .... the jaguar is the undisputed king. Besides having the strongest bite ... he takes on other apex predators on his own ... one can't find safety by climbing a tree .... he'll come after you.... can't run away from him .... can't jump in a river .... even if you dive...he'll dive after you. Lions hunt in pack... more like cultists to me... very dangerous when rolling with the gang.

@ topic .... never knew they will eat their own kind .... but I guess not out of hunger .... since they had just eaten .... but more to send a message. Wild animals have their own instincts .... beyond our reasoning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by JoeEeL(m): 1:42pm On Apr 11
Everydaylove:
Exactly how he had been tearing antelopes into pieces.. lol

They usually go for d necks first. Faster kill.
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Judolisco(m): 1:46pm On Apr 11
advanceDNA:

grin grin grin

Baba.....Whatever makes u sleep well is fine by me
I was on my own before u quoted me....na u find trouble...
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Ishilove: 1:46pm On Apr 11
pocohantas:

Lions kill themselves. But the title is misleading because they definitely didn't eat him. When you enter the territory of another pride or when they want to take over a lioness. They kill the cubs she had with a previous mate and give her their own belle.
I know Lions kill themselves. I just have never come across a scenario where they went ahead and cannibalized a dead rival
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by topatee: 1:48pm On Apr 11
God1000:
The animal kingdom is brutal
same as when Bokoharam invades a village or Russia invading Ukraine killing fellow human beings. Its dominance theory
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by pocohantas(f): 1:48pm On Apr 11
Ishilove:

I know Lions kill themselves. I just have never come across a scenario where they went ahead and cannibalized a dead rival

They no chop am. They just want make e die well.
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Ishilove: 1:51pm On Apr 11
joseph1832:
I can show you another form of nature in this form. Don't worry, there won't be any gore, I promise. grin cheesy smiley
You need Jesus 🤦🏿‍♂️

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Ishilove: 1:51pm On Apr 11
pocohantas:

So which kain yeye clickbait come be the title??
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by AfDapone: 1:55pm On Apr 11
SUPERPACK:

But the two brothers ran away and abandoned their territory in the first instance. Only to come back and reclaim their territory when they have the strength to do so. Wisdom. They lived to fight another day.

1 Like

Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by AfDapone: 1:57pm On Apr 11
pocohantas:

They show am death while he is still alive.
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:04pm On Apr 11
SUPERPACK:
They were two and one was lucky to escape. Male lions usually just chase off the defeated incumbent lion in a pride, but these ones wanted to make sure he stayed dead….they were nursing this vengeance for awhile. Animals can keep long grudges.
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by advanceDNA: 2:05pm On Apr 11
Judolisco:
I was on my own before u quoted me....na u find trouble...

Trouble??

If u see am as trouble.....No vex baba....
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by pocohantas(f): 2:07pm On Apr 11
Ishilove:

So which kain yeye clickbait come be the title??

You suppose know as e dey go na. cheesy
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Morbeta11(m): 2:10pm On Apr 11
Speechless......Our Elites And The Masses.
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Judolisco(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11
advanceDNA:

Trouble??

If u see am as trouble.....No vex baba....

na trouble now.... U concluded dat I didn't read d article
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11
The reality is that someday another younger lion in its prime will also defeat these ones and take over the territory. Only few male lions get to die of natural causes in the wild.

1 Like

Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by advanceDNA: 2:12pm On Apr 11
AkpaMgbor:

They were two and one was lucky to escape. Male lions usually just chase off the defeated incumbent lion in a pride, but these ones wanted to make sure he stayed dead….they were nursing this vengeance for awhile. Animals can keep long grudges.

They do more than chasing ooo...they even kill the cub birthed by the defeated lion...

Lol.. grin grin grin..Lion seff no dey raise intruder pikin........but our nairalander females dey vex when boyz provoke for paternity fraud....

Hahahahahahahaha grin cheesy grin

6 Likes

Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Decentlyproud(m): 2:12pm On Apr 11
No,they did not eat it cos they were hungry. They had already eaten a buffalo before entering their former territory. They dismantled or ate it cos of the rage and to pass a message.

Judolisco:
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by advanceDNA: 2:13pm On Apr 11
Judolisco:
na trouble now.... U concluded dat I didn't read d article

If u insist u read it....and what u saw there was they killed the lion because of sapa/hunger..... No wahala...

Like I said ...nor vex
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by AkpaMgbor(m): 2:14pm On Apr 11
advanceDNA:

They do more than chasing ooo...they even kill the cub birthed by the defeated lion...

Lol.. grin grin grin..Lion seff no dey raise intrude pikin........but my our nairalander females dey vex when boyz provoke for paternity fraud....

Hahahahahahahaha grin cheesy grin
I’m not talking of the cubs of the incumbent lion. I’m talking of the adult males, the usually just wound them and let them run away but these ones were not in the mood to allow him go with his bruised ego…they wanted to send a brutal massage..
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Judolisco(m): 2:18pm On Apr 11
Decentlyproud:
No,they did not eat it cos they were hungry. They had already eaten a buffalo before entering their former territory. They dismantled or ate it cos of the rage and to pass a message.

it's an unusual behaviour....that's what I'm talking about... Predators don't prey on other predators.... They can injure, expel or kill.... But eating it is jst not part of it..... Hunger might be a reason for eating it as well, lions are not really successful hunters, so they need all d food they can get because they can go for days without eating
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:21pm On Apr 11
When I watched it during the week I was confused as in how could Lions be so cannibalistic. undecided
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Cpumping(m): 2:28pm On Apr 11
OK ma
MadamExcellency:

Are you Igbo or you learned it?

Lion is not Tiger.
Agụ is Tiger
Lion is Ọdụm
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by Focusmind: 2:31pm On Apr 11
I love watching lots of lions prides sightings. Lions lives is something else
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by kkins25(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11
The victim too get strong head. E no wan die, even with his guts outside. The brutality of being a lion ehnn... No be here.
Re: Lion Fights Back While Rivals Eat Him Alive by safariman(m): 2:40pm On Apr 11
I have never seen a lion eat another lion, they don't even eat hyenas who invades their territory. There is more to this, looks like some sort of revenge killing tearing the stomach while still alive.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 inventors killed by their Inventions / Baby Monkey Smokes On Camera As Part Of A Supposed Public Health Campaign( Pics) / Big Fish Caught In Warri Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.