Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. (202 Views)

Colonizers Ask Us To Isolate Russia / UAE Successfully Launches Hope Probe, Arab World’s First Mission To Mars / Organisation Of Islamic Cooperation & Arab League Reject Trump's Peace Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 7:50am On Apr 12
We all talk about the European colonizers and often forget that the Arabs were once the greatest colonizers in the world.
Because the European colonization is more recent, its effect can be more easily felt and we tend to blame it for the backwardness of many countries especially in Africa.
We talk about how colonization made Africa poorer but we often forget that Singapore, Hong Kong, Macao, were also European colonies.
Now let's compare the Europeans to the Arab colonizers.
Did you know that the following countries were not Arab land until they were colonized?
Egypt
Morocco
Libya
Tunisia
Algeria
Jordan
Syria
Palestine
The big difference is, while the Europeans gave independence to their colonies, the Arabs took over theirs.
They made the Aborigines to become a minority, made Arabic the state language and made Islam the law.
So learn that colonization did not begin with the west neither did slavery.
But it was the west that put an end to colonization and slavery in most parts of the world

2 Likes

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by lazkizz(m): 7:51am On Apr 12
Arabs

2 Likes

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by derecho(m): 8:00am On Apr 12
Arabs made Fulani herdmen what they are.

2 Likes

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 8:05am On Apr 12
tctrills:
We all talk about the European colonizers and often forget that the Arabs were once the greatest colonizers in the world.
Because the European colonization is more recent, its effect can be more easily felt and we tend to blame it for the backwardness of many countries especially in Africa.
We talk about how colonization made Africa poorer but we often forget that Singapore, Hong Kong, Macao, were also European colonies.
Did you know that the following countries were not Arab land until they were colonized?
Egypt
Morocco
Libya
Tunisia
Algeria
Jordan
Syria
Palestine
The big difference is, while the Europeans gave independence to their colonies, the Arabs took over theirs.
They made the Aborigines to become a minority, made Arabic the state language and made Islam the law.
But it was the west that put an end to colonization and slavery in most parts of the world
The Aborigines of Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia ...the Red Indians of USA are laughing at your ignorance grin grin grin
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 8:06am On Apr 12
Many people fail to ask how the land of Palestine became Arab.
There were no Arabs in Palestine 2000 years ago. There were no Arabs in Egypt 2000 years ago.
So what happened?
What about the original population?
No one is talking about this ethnic cleansing that began about 1500 years ago and is still going on today.
In 2012, 10% of Syria was Christian, today, only 2.5 % are Christians. Same thing is happening in Iraq, Iran, and Egypt.

2 Likes

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 8:08am On Apr 12
TUANKU:

The Aborigines of Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia ...the Red Indians of USA are laughing at your ignorance grin grin grin
You have a point. You seem to be saying that the European are as guilty as the Arabs but we also have cases of the nations that were granted independence by the Europeans can you mention any nation that the Arabs granted independence and left?
Again, you erred in including Indonesia and Malaysia to your list.
But nations were granted full independence and are not ruled by European settlers.

1 Like

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 8:20am On Apr 12
tctrills:

You have a point. You seem to be saying that the European are as guilty as the Arabs but we also have cases of the nations that were granted independence by the Europeans can you mention any nation that the Arabs granted independence and left?
Again, you erred in including Indonesia and Malaysia to your list.
But nations were granted full independence and are not ruled by European settlers.
Why didn't they give independence to the ones i mentioned earlier?
The Europeans invented land grabbing in case you don't know.
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 9:01am On Apr 12
TUANKU:

Why didn't they give independence to the ones i mentioned earlier?
The Europeans invented land grabbing in case you don't know.
Your history is faulty sir. The Arabs started it 1500 years ago before America, Australia or even most parts of Africa was discovered by Europeans.

1 Like

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by Floky215: 9:08am On Apr 12
tctrills:
Egypt
Morocco
Libya
Tunisia
Algeria
Jordan
Syria
Palestine

The Arab world took more slaves than thre Europeans...have you ever care to ask where all the decendants of those slaves went to?

Arabs are pure evil compared to the Europeans when it comes to slavery...!!

Till date they still regards blacks as subhumans...!! The accident that happened in mecca sometimes back throw light on this...while the authority were busy rescuing the light skinned people...they left the black pilgrims to their fate...see blacks crying and begging for help to no avail till they died enmass ..!!

1 Like

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 9:29am On Apr 12
Floky215:

The Arab world took more slaves than thre Europeans...have you ever care to ask where all the decendants of those slaves went to?

Arabs are pure evil compared to the Europeans when it comes to slavery...!!

Till date they still regards blacks as subhumans...!! The accident that happened in mecca sometimes back throw light on this...while the authority were busy rescuing the light skinned people...they left the black pilgrims to their fate...see blacks crying and begging for help to no avail till they died enmass ..!!
True, people should ask, where are all the black slaves taking by the Arabs?

2 Likes

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 10:39am On Apr 12
tctrills:

Your history is faulty sir. The Arabs started it 1500 years ago before America, Australia or even most parts of Africa was discovered by Europeans.
grin 1500 years ago?...Europeans were already land grabbing before then sir, it's yours that is faulty.
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 11:38am On Apr 12
TUANKU:

grin 1500 years ago?...Europeans were already land grabbing before then sir, it's yours that is faulty.
You clearly have your history backwards. Yes, everyone was fighting and conquering new lands including the Arabs but the Arabs still retain their colonies after 1500 years. That should be so kind of record.
The history of the Arab peninsula is filled with invading and conquering. And as I stated, everywhere the Arabs went, there was ethics cleansing. No one comes close not the Romans nor the Greeks.

1 Like

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 11:43am On Apr 12
tctrills:

You clearly have your history backwards. Yes, everyone was fighting and conquering new lands including the Arabs but the Arabs still retain their colonies after 1500 years. That should be so kind of record.
The history of the Arab peninsula is filled with invading and conquering. And as I stated, everywhere the Arabs went, there was ethics cleansing. No one comes close not the Romans nor the Greeks.
I can also say the same, you clearly have your history twisted. I asked you why the aborigines i mentioned where not granted independence? cheesy
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 1:24pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

I can also say the same, you clearly have your history twisted. I asked you why the aborigines i mentioned where not granted independence? cheesy
You did not read my reply. I agreed that both groups have colonized but I went further to show you the difference between both groups.
But then, the Red Indians are very independent people with special rights and reserves given to them in America same with the Aborigines of Australia.
On the other hand, till date, the Aborigines of the near east are dwindling. Their languages are endangered. Have you heard of the
Aramaic Language?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 1:40pm On Apr 12
tctrills:

You did not read my reply. I agreed that both groups have colonized but I went further to show you the difference between both groups.
But then, the Red Indians are very independent people with special rights and reserves given to them in America same with the Aborigines of Australia.
On the other hand, till date, the Aborigines of the near east are dwindling. Their languages are endangered. Have you heard of the
Aramaic Language?

At this point you need to stop...the words in bold are definitely note true sir.
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 2:30pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

At this point you need to stop...the words in bold are definitely note true sir.
If you don't know read.
About 2% of the entire USA is reserved solely for the red Indian. The practice their culture and beliefs freely.
But then read and you would understand better.
On the other hand, the Coptic Christians are the most persecuted people in Egypt.

1 Like

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12
tctrills:

If you don't know read.
About 2% of the entire USA is reserved solely for the red Indian. The practice their culture and beliefs freely.
But then read and you would understand better.
On the other hand, the Coptic Christians are the most persecuted people in Egypt.
I will tell you also to read:
The life expectancy of Native Americans in some states is 20 years shorter than the national average. There are many reasons why,Among them, health programs for American Indians are chronically underfunded by Congress. And, about a quarter of Native Americans reported experiencing discrimination when going to a doctor or health clinic, according to findings of a poll by NPR, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.In the NPR poll, Native Americans who live in areas where they are in the majority reported experiencing prejudice at rates far higher than in areas where they constituted a minority.Health care systems outside the Indian Health Service generally see very few Native American patients, because it's so hard for native Americans to access care in the private sector. A lot of that has to do with high poverty and uninsured rates among native Americans, who also often live in rural areas with few health care providers.
Congress has long failed to allocate enough money to meet Native American health needs. In 2016 it set the Indian Health Service budget at $4.8 billion. Spread across the US population of 3.7 million American Indians and Alaska Natives, that's $1,297 per person. That compares to $6,973 per inmate in the federal prison system.
So much for your claim how they are treated specially, if you've been to the US you will dead this myth you are spreading at once cheesy
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 2:48pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

I will tell you also to read:
The life expectancy of Native Americans in some states is 20 years shorter than the national average. There are many reasons why,Among them, health programs for American Indians are chronically underfunded by Congress. And, about a quarter of Native Americans reported experiencing discrimination when going to a doctor or health clinic, according to findings of a poll by NPR, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.In the NPR poll, Native Americans who live in areas where they are in the majority reported experiencing prejudice at rates far higher than in areas where they constituted a minority.Health care systems outside the Indian Health Service generally see very few Native American patients, because it's so hard for native Americans to access care in the private sector. A lot of that has to do with high poverty and uninsured rates among native Americans, who also often live in rural areas with few health care providers.
Congress has long failed to allocate enough money to meet Native American health needs. In 2016 it set the Indian Health Service budget at $4.8 billion. Spread across the US population of 3.7 million American Indians and Alaska Natives, that's $1,297 per person. That compares to $6,973 per inmate in the federal prison system.
So much for your claim how they are treated specially, if you've been to the US you will dead this myth you are spreading at once cheesy
We both know you don't understand what you posted but to prove it, let me ask you a very simple question.
How much does the US gov allocate specifically for the health care of whites? Now compare that to how much is allocated specifically to the indians
Educate yourself bro.
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12
tctrills:

We both know you don't understand what you posted but to prove it, let me ask you a very simple question.
How much does the US gov allocate specifically for the health care of whites? Now compare that to how much is allocated specifically to the indians
Educate yourself bro.
"We both know you don't understand what you posted" ...imagine this deepstick grin grin grin I gave you my figures so go bring yours.
I took time to type something yet i don't understand it? How thick are you? cheesy Lay off the CNN and western media and visit US to see for yourself, i personally have seen it.
Enjoy your day Einstein of ojukuku.
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 3:07pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

"We both know you don't understand what you posted" ...imagine this deepstick grin grin grin I gave you my figures so go bring yours.
I took time to type something yet i don't understand it? How thick are you? cheesy Lay off the CNN and western media and visit US to see for yourself, i personally have seen it.
Enjoy your day Einstein of ojukuku.
You don't understand what you posted that's why I asked you a simple question based on your figures. Or are you afraid to answer questions after posting data?
We both know you did a copy and paste that's why you where unable to answer to easiest of questions based on what you posted.
Let me repeat the question oga
Can you please compare the amount the US government spends on the health care of indians to that spent on the health care of whites?

1 Like

Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 3:15pm On Apr 12
tctrills:

You don't understand what you posted that's why I asked you a simple question based on your figures. Or are you afraid to answer questions after posting data?
We both know you did a copy and paste that's why you where unable to answer to easiest of questions based on what you posted.
Can you please compare the amount the US government spends on the health care of indians to that spent on the health care of whites?
You want me that knows nothing to provide you with this information? cheesy Why not provide the information yourself since you know while i know nothing? cheesy
Oga Einstein why not provide the figures to me that knows nothing... Federal funding benefits 80% of whites compared to 33% of native americans, i will give you a head start go do some research...so much for someone who claims to know it all. What a bellend you are cheesy
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 3:27pm On Apr 12
tctrills:

I spent part of my growing up years in Alameda county (California) with a large population of native Americans where my late mother worked as a nurse for St.Rose Hospital, i am talking from what i saw and testimonies from many native Americans...but you see i know nothing even the one i type i just hit the keyboard and whatever comes up i post cheesy
You have not backed up your arguments with any single statistic or proof but i have provided you with several but it is me who knows nothing while CNN junkie like you knows it all cheesy
Okay you have won now carry your winners price Oga... what a dork!
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 3:58pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

I spent part of my growing up years in Alameda county (California) with a large population of native Americans where my late mother worked as a nurse for St.Rose Hospital, i am talking from what i saw and testimonies from many native America coolns...but you see i know nothing even the one i type i just hit the keyboard and whatever comes up i post cheesy
You have not backed up your arguments with any single statistic or proof but i have provided you with several but it is me who knows nothing while CNN junkie like you knows it all cheesy
Okay you have won now carry your winners price Oga... what a dork!
Oga please what stats have you backed your argument with. You obviously don't know what stats are.
Please what stats have you provided oga.
Again, I don't doubt that you grew up among indians but do you have any stats to show that are treated unfairly in California?
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 4:01pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

You want me that knows nothing to provide you with this information? cheesy Why not provide the information yourself since you know while i know nothing? cheesy
Oga Einstein why not provide the figures to me that knows nothing... Federal funding benefits 80% of whites compared to 33% of native americans, i will give you a head start go do some research...so much for someone who claims to know it all. What a bellend you are cheesy
If you don't have the data to back what you say then what exactly are you doing here.
If you ask for data to show the present state of Arab colonies in the middle east and Africa, I will provide.
It seems you are giving me your assignment
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 4:07pm On Apr 12
tctrills:

If you don't have the data to back what you say then what exactly are you doing here.
If you ask for data to show the present state of Arab colonies in the middle east and Africa, I will provide.
It seems you are giving me your assignment
Turns out you are an illiterate...i gave you the percentage of both groups while you gave nothing.
Everyone must not agree with your narrative, you can choose to ass-lick the Europeans it's you biz but.
At this point i don't wish to engage you anymore. Diam!
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by TUANKU(m): 4:09pm On Apr 12
tctrills:

Oga please what stats have you backed your argument with. You obviously don't know what stats are.
Please what stats have you provided oga.
Again, I don't doubt that you grew up among indians but do you have any stats to show that are treated unfairly in California?
Have you been to California? If you did you will know it's well documented as it's the state with the 2nd highest population of native Americans.
You should take your own advice and go educate yourself for you clearly have no idea.
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 5:50pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

Have you been to California? If you did you will know it's well documented as it's the state with the 2nd highest population of native Americans.
You should take your own advice and go educate yourself for you clearly have no idea.
If it's as well documented oga why are you having problems will your stats and why are you finding it impossible to answer simple questions that should be in your documents
Re: European Or Arab Colonizers, Who's Worst. by tctrills: 5:57pm On Apr 12
TUANKU:

Turns out you are an illiterate...i gave you the percentage of both groups while you gave nothing.
Everyone must not agree with your narrative, you can choose to ass-lick the Europeans it's you biz but.
At this point i don't wish to engage you anymore. Diam!
Oga I am now convince that you never read the article you sent.
These where your very words.
In 2016 it set the Indian Health Service budget at $4.8 billion.
This figure does not show that the indians like every other US citizens are included in states health budgets and other government health services. You failed to indicate that there is an Indian health service that is funded by the government.
There is no black health services or white health services.
You failed to indicate that this shows preferential treatment of the indians.
You see why I advise you to educate yourself?

Below are other special benefits received only by indians.
Featured Benefits
Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) Financial Assistance and Social Services.
Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
Housing Improvement Program.
Indian Home Loan Guarantee Program.
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

(1) (Reply)

Nancy Pelosi Announces Impeachment Inquiry Of Trump / General Buhari Deserves the Nobel Prize For His Fight Against Corruption / Biden's Son To Step Down From Chinese Company's Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.