Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

What Is The Purpose Of Premarital Counseling? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Purpose Of Premarital Counseling? (86 Views)

Effective Mental Health Counseling Services / One On One Counseling / 4,531 Sex Workers Undergo HIV Treatment, Counseling In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Purpose Of Premarital Counseling? by moneyhabitudes(m): 9:35am On Apr 12
You know, premarital counseling is all about guiding new couples or those who are in a relationship. Do you think it is formal or optional? My dear reader, it is not a formal thing.

The most popular reason couples do premarital counseling is to strengthen their communication skills. Let's be honest, it is not easy to make some serious decisions with your partner, but counseling provides a safe space for you and your partner to practice being open and honest with each other. It will help you stay on the same page, and it will convert what I will do to what we will do.

Another big benefit is that it helps uncover potential issues before they arise in the future. Like you are going to start your life, but all human life is spent earning money, fulfilling your responsibilities, saving, and making a budget to handle expenses. But with the help of a counselor, you can identify these future problem areas and work through them before they become major conflicts down the line.

Premarital counseling is also helpful in building a deep level of trust between you so that, in tough situations, you can fight together and win those tough situations. 

In counseling, the counselor will teach you how to control the conflict between you. Because, let's face it, even the happiest couples have their disagreements. With the guidance of a counselor, you'll learn healthy ways to work through problems and emerge even stronger.

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Premarital Counseling? by immortalcrown(m): 9:38am On Apr 12
Any premarital counseling that does not come from parents' character can hardly be effective.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Premarital Counseling? by peter0071(m): 9:40am On Apr 12
i humbly do not agree with your submission. we learn, unlearn and relears... our parents made their own mistakes; and hopefully we learnt from their errors.
some of our parents divorced, had terrible experiences..but that does not mean that the upcoming couples should experience the same.

immortalcrown:
Any premarital counseling that does not come from parents' character can hardly be effective.
Re: What Is The Purpose Of Premarital Counseling? by immortalcrown(m): 9:42am On Apr 12
peter0071:
i humbly do not agree with your submission. we learn, unlearn and relears... our parents made their own mistakes; and hopefully we learnt from their errors.
some of our parents divorced, had terrible experiences..but that does not mean that the upcoming couples should experience the same
I humbly advise you to stop using sentiments to analyse simple statements. I never said no premarital counseling from outside home can be effective. I said that a premarital counseling that is not from parents' character can hardly be effective, meaning that premarital counseling observed in parents' behaviour is the most effective marriage counseling for children. Quote me anywhere.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Purpose Of Premarital Counseling? by peter0071(m): 9:57am On Apr 12
i write not with sentiment... there are massive expcetions to your positions. thats all i am trying to clarify to you.

gracias
immortalcrown:
I humbly advise you to stop using sentiments to analyse simple statements. I never said no premarital counseling from outside home can be effective. I said that a premarital counseling that is not from parents'character can hardly be effective, meaning that premarital counseling observed in parents' behaviour is the most effective marriage counseling for children. Quote me anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

Does Summer Cause High Blood Pressure? / Natural Cures For Premature Ejaculation And Erectile Dysfunction / Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.