Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) (54794 Views)

Bobrisky Is Not The First Nigerian Crossdresser Meet Area Scatter / Area Scatter : Nigeria's First Crossdresser - Imo State (1970), Before Bobrisky / Meet Nigeria's First Cross Dresser In Imo State Named ''area Scatter'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12
I think people were kinder during this era!
Not a lot of churches
And muslims weren't so emboldened
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Kobicove(m): 7:09pm On Apr 12
Weirdo undecided
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Thundafireseun: 7:27pm On Apr 12
StraightGaay:
Do you mean as your father did you?

The exact same way ur father did to you after his friends grilled ur asssssss hole 🕳️

Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by ABANGWABOI(m): 7:28pm On Apr 12
Make govt give order make we ki|| this hAnimalz
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by onatisi(m): 7:49pm On Apr 12
So what happened to area scatter ? How did he end up?

"Tragically, Area Scatter’s life was cut short by a ghastly motor accident. Still, his legacy as a pioneering cross-dressing performer resonates with the likes of contemporary cross-dressers in Nigeria."
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by CatchMeIfUCanMO: 7:50pm On Apr 12
Honestey:
I knew it! Crossdressing is too foreign to us Omoluabi, Bobrisky must have gotten that strange idea from somewhere that shall not be named, phue! Now all his package hairs go scatter by the end of 6th years in prison.

Go school Go school, you say NO.

I don't know how 6 months imprisonment turn to 6 years.

Well, kom kom he ad is synonymous with your kind.
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by millionboi2: 8:19pm On Apr 12
OGwales:
I know this nonsense must have been imported into Nigeria by my Eastern brothers...
u are an idiot you wished bobrisky is an Igbo but God already punished you.

1 Like

Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Danzakidakura(m): 8:22pm On Apr 12
Nigerian yandaudu army arrested him and raped feminism into him. As a civil servant who vanished during the civil war to and emerged with new identity.
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On Apr 12
helinues:
grin

FG was so clever in handling Bobrisky's case.

Had they charged him for Gayism, that would have drawn the attention of the West who carry that matter for head like gala.

In this case, it's a criminal case which they can only peep.

Scapegoat(s) must be someone. It's time for FG to build a new correctional facilities for those with abnormal personalities like Bobrisky
You used style to pitch the west against APC govt because they rejected your freelance partisanship support. Don't be discouraged sir.
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Flamemignon1(m): 8:37pm On Apr 12
helinues:
grin

Had they charged him for Gayism, that would have drawn the attention of the West who carry that matter for head like gala.

Scapegoat(s) must be someone. It's time for FG to build a new correctional facilities for those with abnormal personalities like Bobrisky
Gay people get charged here with breaking the law for their sexuality all time,no western nation bats an eyelid so that's a lie and Bob is locked up for 6 months so that won't do shit
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Flamemignon1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 12
Thundafireseun:
tongue
The day they gave birth to this one… his father might’ve been rejoicing that he has a son 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
You should know your history before the advent of western and Arab religions,gay and trans people have existed since time immemorial
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Flamemignon1(m): 8:40pm On Apr 12
MadamExcellency:
His cross dressing wasn't promoting or glorifying sex or nudity hence everyone enjoyed his entertainment.
You can say the same thing for biological men and women but you don't see them being locked in jail
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Flamemignon1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 12
Savedday2:
Even the way him dey e till be like man.

But what I don't understand is, why would a man want to be a woman?

For these life, instead of me to be a woman, I rather die. That's why I dislike those boys that make their hair and put on ear ring.
You are not them and you don't understand what they feel or go through,you people always speak without empathy,how about having some research on the subject?
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Flamemignon1(m): 8:43pm On Apr 12
Princewill1:
Nobody should promote this lgtv nonsense in Africa.

The West is already suffering from their funding and promotion of it.
Suffering how?
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by olancho: 8:54pm On Apr 12
His own was just for entertainment purposes. He performs every Saturday on Ukonu’s club hosted by NTA Channel 6 Owerri/Aba.. in the 80s.
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by YourKarma: 8:58pm On Apr 12
Honestey:
I knew it! Crossdressing is too foreign to us Omoluabi, Bobrisky must have gotten that strange idea from somewhere that shall not be named, phue! Now all his package hairs go scatter by the end of 6th years in prison.

Yeah but being gay isn't foreign to y'all and it started from you lots
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by YourKarma: 9:00pm On Apr 12
AbuTwins:
It can never be started by any omoluabi or Arewa or Muslims!

It was narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed men who imitate women and women who imitate men, and he said: “Throw them out of your houses.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5885).

Undoubtedly one of the most obvious signs of an effeminate man is that he wears women’s clothing and imitates their ways.

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) cursed the man who wears women’s clothing and the woman who wears men’s clothing. Narrated by Abu Dawood (4098) and classed as saheeh by al-Nawawi in al-Majmoo’ (4/469) and by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

They are all cursed!

but pedophilia and being gay is common to omoluabi or Arewa or Muslims
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by YourKarma: 9:02pm On Apr 12
OGwales:
I know this nonsense must have been imported into Nigeria by my Eastern brothers...
Yeah but being gay and pedophilia started from your people.

This man is an entertainer unlike your people who dey burst nyash
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by noskcid(m): 9:15pm On Apr 12
Irritating fool
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by AbuTwins: 9:25pm On Apr 12
YourKarma:

but pedophilia and being gay is common to omoluabi or Arewa or Muslims

What laws go against pedophilia in Nigeria?

Can you tell me how old was your paternal great great grand mother when he married your great great grand father? I'm sure they were pedophiles too!

Gayism is 14 years only! Why not report them with proofs if you have them as friends or know them?
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Trueprophet91: 10:11pm On Apr 12
Danzakidakura:
Nigerian yandaudu army arrested him and raped feminism into him. As a civil servant who vanished during the civil war to and emerged with new identity.

He was trying to evade conscription
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Ishilove: 10:30pm On Apr 12
The narrator speaks very well and pronounced his words with clarity and proper elocution.

What I see here is an entertainer and comedian who actually had talent and was using cross dressing for purely entertainment purposes, not the talentless misfits parading around these days under the umbrella of crossdressing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by YourGFsnatcher: 11:18pm On Apr 12
Slytiger:

Because boborisky is currently the biggest news in Nigeria right now.

Even the story from premium times is from the 9th of April. Traditional media houses are also latching on the trend of boborisky.

Different era..they also did not have BBN that equally promoted or glorify sex back then.

I enjoyed his music too and was almost dancing. 😁

People that enjoy watching bbn have the dumbest brain
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Pharaohny: 12:29am On Apr 13
So this madness didn't start now. And they slaughtered one innocent 😇 goat 🐐 the day they birthed this werey.
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by CHAQUR: 3:06am On Apr 13
The rubbish started in the east...
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by MemoriesAndMe: 5:26am On Apr 13
Jessyjeff:
I grew up in Enyimba city and watched this man play during Ukonu's club on NTA channel 6 Aba.

He was a hilarious entertainer!

What year was this? This like a video from the 70s, implying the man may have been born decades before. Just curious.
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by elitper: 6:35am On Apr 13
thedio:
This reminds me of Sisi Kamo in Ibadan back in the 90s
Who is Sisi Kamo, please?
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Juliearth(f): 6:50am On Apr 13
helinues:
grin

You are right!

1 Like

Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Honestey: 11:17am On Apr 13
YourKarma:

Yeah but being gay isn't foreign to y'all and it started from you lots

Oputa's daughter is not Omoluab, she is still one of you lot
Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by Jessyjeff: 12:23pm On Apr 13
MemoriesAndMe:

What year was this? This like a video from the 70s, implying the man may have been born decades before. Just curious.
Between 1981 and 1986, he was a guest performer on NTA channel 6 Aba. His music was Egwu Une, and he was a solo Übö player. He was telling stories and folklore through his music. He was telling stories like Mike Ejeagha of Akukö na Egwu genre.

1 Like

Re: Meet ‘Area Scatter’ Nigeria’s First Publicly-known Crossdresser (Video) by MemoriesAndMe: 1:26pm On Apr 13
Jessyjeff:
Between 1981 and 1986, he was a guest performer on NTA channel 6 Aba. His music was Egwu Une, and he was a solo Übö player. He was telling stories and folklore through his music. He was telling stories like Mike Ejeagha of Akukö na Egwu genre.

Oh wow! Thanks for shedding more light. I never heard of him until reading this. I don't understand Igbo and what he's singing, but he seemed very confident of his craft.

Was he like a one-man singer or he had a band? He seemed to be the only one singing and playing the beats in this video.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Don Jazzy Shared On Instagram About Women And Fake Buttocks / Beautiful AIT Presenter Kome Osalor – Definite Eye Candy / The Okoye's Wives 'peter,paul,and Jude' Stun In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.