Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,409 members, 7,830,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) (47823 Views)

Nigerian Footballer Akeem Omolade Found Dead In His Car In Italy (Photos) / How FIFA World Cup Trophy Is Made In Italy (Photos) / Eni Aluko Signed By Juventus From Chelsea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Konquest: 9:34pm On Apr 12
adamusuleiman1:
Trailblazing Ownership: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner in Italy

https://nigeriamag.com/trailblazing-ownership-eni-aluko-becomes-first-black-female-football-club-owner-in-italy/
That's impressive.

However, Eniola Aluko is a British-Nigerian ex-soccer player and NOT an Italian native as indicated in the article.

Eniola is the granddaughter of the great Nigerian Economist Professor Sam Aluko who is originally from Ekiti State.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Anatolia: 9:34pm On Apr 12
Yoruba amaka.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by EreluRoz: 9:35pm On Apr 12
Balablue64:

Nothing wrong in a woman taking care of her bills too
Yes if she's single
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by rantingpigs: 9:37pm On Apr 12
Helinus... Bring bucket for this guy. grin

goslowgoslow:

If I find out you are "probably" Igbo! Noisy and arrogant tribe that always think that they are the best.
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Anatolia: 9:38pm On Apr 12
The way we hate each other in this country, I wonder why we are still one country. Those who are boasting have nothing tangible to show. There is hardly any part of Nigeria that is doing well economically yet people will always use any opportunity to lambast the other tribes even those who call themselves intellectuals. I do not see anything intellectual in constantly degrading people who are not from your tribe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Terrahawk: 9:38pm On Apr 12
Well done to this intelligent hardworking omoluabi. Onwards and upwards for Yoruba world wide and Yoruba nation. God bless you πŸ™πŸΌ

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Jesusmylord(m): 9:38pm On Apr 12
Squirrel1:
that means say na our money she use obtain the club?

Not your money. Guess you don't know Eniola Aluko played for Chelsea FC and England national team scored 33 goals in 102 games for England.

She was awarded Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) for her contribution to football in England.

She bought the club with her money and not your money. Always verified information before you accused people.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Balablue64: 9:40pm On Apr 12
EreluRoz:
Yes if she's single
Keep playing
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by kals4luv990(m): 9:43pm On Apr 12
To all the coconut head slay queens on this group and in Nigeria that thinks that life ends in fancy wigs and iphones,just use 30sec and look at your mate and see what she is achieving and she no even get big breast or nyash sef

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 9:45pm On Apr 12
GOFRONT:
I think she is related to that thiefing Aluko, the accomplice of Diezani Madueke

No he is not. At least not directly.
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by BreconHills(m): 9:48pm On Apr 12
BigDawsNet:
Her brother is Sone Aluko... a retired footballer

Congratulations dear

According to Wikipedia Sone is still playing for Ipswich Town in the Championship

2 Likes

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by grandstar(m): 9:49pm On Apr 12
Konquest:

That's impressive.

However, Eniola Aluko is a British-Nigerian ex-soccer player and NOT an Italian native as indicated in the article.

Eniola is the granddaughter of the great Nigerian Economist Professor Sam Aluko originally from Ekiti State.

I doubt Sam Aluko read economics. I strongly suspect zoology instead. He and Buhari are in fierce competition who tops the other in economic ignorance. His 1994 budget was a disaster.

It was with great relief I greeted his replacement with the accountant Anthony Ani in 1995. I must say that I was impressed that Sani Abacha eventually realized he was incompetent. He stands way above Buhari.

I doubt Sam Aluko was ever taught demand and supply nor market forces in uni.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by YorubaDemonswag: 9:50pm On Apr 12
Omoluabi to the world
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by DeepSight(m): 9:52pm On Apr 12
This is a misrepresentation. Calling a member of an investment group the "owner" gives the impression she singularly owns the club.

3 Likes

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Konquest: 10:15pm On Apr 12
grandstar:

I doubt Sam Aluko read economics. I strongly suspect zoology instead. He and Buhari are in fierce competition who tops the other economic ignorance. His 1994 budget was a disaster.

It was with great relief I greeted his replacement with the accountant Anthony Ani in 1995. I must say that I was impressed that Sani Abacha eventually realized he was incompetent. He stands way above Buhari.

I doubt Sam Aluko was ever taught demand and supply nor market forces in uni.
@grandstar,

Lol... Zoology. grin Your sarcastic summations about Prof. Aluko's performance in the 1990s cracked me up.

Well, Professor Sam Aluko was very brilliant at the London School of Economics and Political Science where he did his MSc with distinction and he played advisory roles to Chief Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo, GCFR, SAN, and that dark goggled military dictator like you said.

I remember the eloquent 'Tope Kolade Fasua (who is a former Presidential Candidate, an Economist, and since 2023, a Special Adviser on Economic Matters to the Nigerian Vice-President Kashim Shettima) once said in a business-related video interview I watched years ago that Economists can be extremely DANGEROUS people. He said: "I always say that Economists can be extremely dangerous people because they have been seen to bring ideas that will hold generations down."

My jaws nearly hit the floor because of his audacious statement against his fellow Economist colleagues... He was emphasizing on the fact that Economists have a penchant for giving theoretical, non-practical, and conflicting suggestions on how to move the economy of any country forward with reference on Nigeria.

=>https://thestreetjournal.org/foremost-economist-prof-sam-aluko-dies-at-83/

=>https://punchng.com/tinubu-appoints-tope-fasua-special-adviser-on-economic-matters/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Konquest: 10:37pm On Apr 12
Terrahawk:
Well done to this intelligent hardworking omoluabi. Onwards and upwards for Yoruba world wide and Yoruba nation. God bless you πŸ™πŸΌ
Is that the screenshot of the newest Odua Republic flag or is it just an individual's representation of a random design?
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by MAYOWAAK: 10:44pm On Apr 12
StOla:
Sone Aluko's sister.

Children of late Senator Gbenga Aluko.

Grand Children of the late Economist, Prof. Sam Aluko

Their father was the only PDP Senator in the South West from 1999 to 2003 at the time AD dominated the politics of the region.
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Ade2024: 10:45pm On Apr 12
blancsn1:
You get it n she dare not claim Italians are lazy like how neighbor

is lagos Italy?
they are not disturbing there immigrants
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by femi4: 10:48pm On Apr 12
StOla:
Sone Aluko's sister.

She also played in England. Imagine if she was her, such dream would have died
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Bimpe29: 10:49pm On Apr 12
Congratulations Omoluabi!

Keep breaking barriers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Ade2024: 10:50pm On Apr 12
WeddingParol:
This is a real developer and not some.... who goes around tarnishing Nigeria name.
am very sure the airpeace tarnish nigeria name?
idiot

1 Like

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Ade2024: 10:54pm On Apr 12
Babastrong:
OMOLUABI.
We
lead,
the
wailerz
follow
which wailers?
money wey dem no fit invest for nigeria
most igbos have their invest in nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Oceanfl0w: 10:55pm On Apr 12
Just celebrate her. There's no reason to turn it to tribal bashing even when her achievement adds nothing to your stupid life. Una no dey tire?

Congratulations to our ladies...
Eni Aluko in Italy and Nneka Ede in Portugal.

Real slay Queens

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Ade2024: 10:55pm On Apr 12
Chivisee:
Hope our crying bush baby tribes will not say Italy has maginalise their people from owning a club?? wink wink
is italy like lagos?
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Afolue(m): 11:04pm On Apr 12
Africa to the world
Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by ASAPFERG: 11:10pm On Apr 12
Landlocked animals in tears

2 Likes

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Confirmedzombie: 11:26pm On Apr 12
Yorubas lead others follow. Yoruba to the world.

This news will pain Igbos ehhhhh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by ngwaIgbo223: 11:27pm On Apr 12
StOla:
Sone Aluko's sister.

They've stole everything in Nigeria to buy proxy club for their daughter while the hungry urchins hail omolubi...yeye hungry Africans with 10 percent IQ.

1 Like

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 11:52pm On Apr 12
No big nynash no big breast but she is making men salivate for her, that to the oloshos out there is call β€œ brain”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by OniyideAmplify(m): 12:44am On Apr 13
Nawa4nl:
Impressive.

So you people are telling me that apart from Boko Haram & violence, nothing from the North ever happens?

It's as if only the south dey make waves πŸ‘‹
Yes o. Walahi talahi. Na so o. No lie. Nothing good aside bombing and kidnapping

1 Like

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by dreamworld: 1:07am On Apr 13
IGbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Eni Aluko Becomes First Black Female Football Club Owner In Italy (Photos) by Johnn78: 2:55am On Apr 13
Chrisrare:
owner or part owner?
Part owner from the news article.
She has stakes in MERCURY13 . There are also about 6 other majority stakeholders including the two Major co-founders of Mercury 13; Mario Malave & Victoire et al.
[url] https://mercury13.com/team/ [/url]

Cofounder Mario also has a very rich portfolio founding a sports betting company, Wagr successfully sold to/acquired by yahoo, in April 2023.Mario listed Forbes 30 under 30.

[url] https://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/mercury-13-unveils-co-ceo-alliance:-mario-malave-and-victoire-cogevina-aim-to [/url]

Mercury 13 was founded & launched by Victoire Souki Cogevina earlier in 2023. cofounder Mario
The name Mercury/13 pays homage to the 13 women denied opportunities at NASA in 1960, symbolizing a commitment to breaking barriers and reshaping the narrative in women's football

Mercury 13group recently acquired a football ⚽ club
Congrats all the same

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: CAF U17 Championship (0 - 1) On 25th Feb 2015 / Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim / Cristiano Ronaldo Issues Cryptic Instagram Post In Hint He Is Leaving Juventus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.