Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort (488 Views)

Rufai Oseni Blasts FG For Demolishing Landmark Beach Front / Coastal Highway: Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (Photos) / FG Awards Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway To Hitech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by vengertime: 6:41pm On Apr 12
It's no brainer, that coastal highway can create serious tourism along all our coastal areas (beach)

I was having conversation in the office when my MD was talking about how his friends are already making plans to buy lands along Nigeria coastal areas for hotels. Because once that access road is created business is going to boom in all those areas.

So many countries in Africa have such high ways that's why they're are making money through tourism. That highway will change tourism in Nigeria.

I think they should either compensate the owner of landmark in cash or relocate him around that area. My man went in there when there was no life in that area.
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by tunene66: 6:51pm On Apr 12
Hmmmm
Poser for us all.
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by flokii: 6:55pm On Apr 12
Umahi wants to compromise because an Igbo person owns the resort.. LASG that gave the resort notice of demolition aren't stupid to know the resort can't continue operating in the premises where it is.
My own is let them not do shoddy work despite the huge sum of money going to that project.. the resort can move elsewhere, it's not a must to be in that location.
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by KillahPriest: 6:57pm On Apr 12
I fear who no fear una honestly. $100m+ should just go down the drain like that because it doesn't belong to you but what if it belonged to your father ? You people should be very careful with this path of sycophancy and propaganda you've chosen and mostly against the Igbos (another topic) because the leopard you're riding today has a very healthy appetite

4 Likes

Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by Tjra: 6:58pm On Apr 12
There is no point demolishing the place since the highway plan can be tweaked or modified. It's much better than people losing their jobs and also unnecessarily waste money on compensations.

According to Umahi, the reviewed design can accommodate the resort so no issues at all.

Lets learn to support genuine businesses.

1 Like

Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by richiemcgold: 7:05pm On Apr 12
It isn't that Landmark occupied the whole coastline from Lagos to Calabar. Let it be pls.
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by Ofodirinwa: 7:28pm On Apr 12
See how hatred is wounding this one.
That coastal highway will create 2000 beach restorts and all of them will be Igbo.
Demolish Landmark, 2000 more landmarks will emerge and all of the owners will even be from the same village. You cannot stop a child from leaving its mother's womb when the time comes.

4 Likes

Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by MuslimIgbo: 9:35pm On Apr 12
WHY ARE BEACHES NOT FREE FOR THE PUBLIC IN LAGOS, AS IT USED TO BE BEFORE?
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by Ozommadu: 9:45pm On Apr 12
Lol, highway that will not be completed in the. next 20yrs.

Why not start from Calabar end of the highway and give the man enough time to prepare himself??

I don't blame you because you never own a pin in your life, that's why it's easier for you to destroy someone else's million dollar business

3 Likes

Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by Good2go1: 10:48pm On Apr 12
May it be on to you as you wish others
vengertime:
It's no brainer, that coastal highway can create serious tourism along all our coastal areas (beach)

I was having conversation in the office when my MD was talking about how his friends are already making plans to buy lands along Nigeria coastal areas for hotels. Because once that access road is created business is going to boom in all those areas.

So many countries in Africa have such high ways that's why they're are making money through tourism. That highway will change tourism in Nigeria.

I think they should either compensate the owner of landmark in cash or relocate him around that area. My man went in there when there was no life in that area.
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by Good2go1: 10:49pm On Apr 12
May it be too you as you wish others
flokii:
Umahi wants to compromise because an Igbo person owns the resort.. LASG that gave the resort notice of demolition aren't stupid to know the resort can't continue operating in the premises where it is.
My own is let them not do shoddy work despite the huge sum of money going to that project.. the resort can move elsewhere, it's not a must to be in that location.
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by vengertime: 7:45am On Apr 13
Good2go1:
May it be on to you as you wish others

And what I wished for him is to be compensated or reallocate somewhere else to him.

grin grin grin
Re: Why Save Landmark Beach When That Coastal Highway Can Create 2000 Beach Resort by nedu666: 8:01am On Apr 13
Every one knows that 20 years from now, that project will not be completed. Rather it will be a conduit for massive stealing

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Magic ! / Save Us From Phcn / Jonathan Endorses Amaechi For 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.