Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,335 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:58 AM

Foolishness - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Foolishness (477 Views)

An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? / When Foolishness Is Metamorphosed [photo] / Could Be This Love Or Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foolishness by dlawale(m): 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2011
FOOLISHNESS crept into the 21st Century World and we all decided to embrace it,give it a personal assistant,Bentley and great big mansion to sit and rule, I'm not as old as most of you dear friends but i have also seen some foolishness under the sun. Man made the cars,now your brand of car determines how much of a MAN u r; man made the clothes,now the clothes u put on determines your financial status;We stoned and cursed prostitutes many years ago because they slit their tops to reveal their clevage,made thin straps over their shoulders;centuries passed and the outfit was named spagetti strap.Almost all females wore it,hence d pple they didn't like dictated their dress sense and fashion statement; Many yrs ago,we sent pple to prison to get reformed in mind,dressing, character and reflex.Well,these pple got into the prisons and most of them didn't get have their right prison outfit size for the prison clothes since the wardens only created 3 sizes and never bothered with measurements.In prison,the prisoners walked funny and often had their trousers falling to their butts cos there were no belts,2day,they have dictated and made a statement with the clothes.Many created carpenter jeans, others created their jeans but many sagged and placed it on their butts.That's what d large percentage of youth are doing.Even some adults dressed in suit do this.The big question is who reformed who's thinking.I guess they reformed ours, L̃̾Õ☺Õ̾Ô=Dcheesy=))winkÕÔ☺ÔÕ̾L̃̾. I have seen additional foolishness under the sun.Nigerian music artistes with head warmers,leather trousers and jackets in a hot climate like ours.The Americans are free to do this; , Man reprinted the two books called the Bible and Quran.Yet we see people that get angry because either book was placed on the floor or either book was burnt.Friends,they are just books made from trees if the words in them are not alive and at work in you, In Africa,paying rent,buying a car,getting a visa abroad are land mark testimonies celebrated with dancing.In Europe,these are simply responsibilities fulfilled.We need to upgrade our mindsets.Electronics are upgraded,phones are upgraded,cars are upgraded.Even human beings need to be upgraded. FOOLISHNESS Has been made a product of high economic DEMAND while wisdom
/intelligence remains SCARCE.Unfortunately,our CHOICES have made wisdom the OPPORTUNITY COST even though the SUPPLY of foolishness to our continent is not determined by QUANTITY but the PRICE we have placed on it, I sure do remember my economics :-)
Re: Foolishness by tayoast(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2011
hmmmm
Re: Foolishness by DonaldsN(m): 11:33pm On Nov 17, 2011
Ado man! Thats true. African man needs to change his mentality about life

(1) (Reply)

Court Lifts Arrest Order On Ikuforiji / Five Stuff I Hate About Xmas And Newyear / Traders Accuse Hausaman Of Turning Girl Into Agoat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.