Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? (44105 Views)

Random Act Of Kindness That I Will Ever Cherish / Inspired Daily | Power Of Acts Of Kindness / Haven't Seen This Sort Of Kindness...ever! Soul-satisfying Indeed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2016
I have no intention of boring you with no epistle neither am I seeking attention. I just want to view people's different opinions on a decision I took a few days ago.
There's a colleague in my place of work who is a pastor (not full time). he uses a small Nokia phone while I use an infinix hot 2 together with a small itel. The colleague came to me asking if I could exchange my itel with his Nokia phone reason because the itel phone has internet connectivity while the Nokia phone only has torch light. He claims he hasn't been online for a couple of months, in summary he just want to surf the net. I, being so generous and simple thought to myself, I do have a better one I browse with, so I decided to do the exchange. few weeks later, he was ready to return my phone, he told me but I wasn't with his phone so I told him I would bring it the following day.
Fast forward to the next day, I got to the office before him, and on sighting him I remembered I wasn't with his phone, right there I made a U turn without him seeing me, I went back home to get his phone and rushed back to the office. After the first quarter of the day, he came to my office only for him to explain how the phone got stolen the previous day where he went to charge (I blame PHCN for that). Then he asked me, what should we do. I got so dumbfounded and confused, I thought for a while and decided to let go. I gave him his phone and told him to forget about the idea of getting me a new phone, cuz it seems to me like revenge.
on getting home, I explained everything to my mom only for her to shade me and lambast my action. she said I acted so foolishly and made my consciousness sour. now please Nigerians, have I acted in a kind manner like my conscience tells me or foolishly as my mom said?

I'm still not sure if his "pastorial calling" influenced my decision or not.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2016
j

1 Like 6 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by ojnnaco(m): 2:49pm On Mar 26, 2016
as your mind directs you.. you have just done the right thing. Honestly, Forget your mums action

190 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by ebusbaba10: 2:56pm On Mar 26, 2016
Dere is nothing wrong in what u did, let God b d judge if he's saying d truth or not. Whatever a man sow he shall reap. I will do d same,if I were in ur shoes.

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by whitecloth: 2:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
You've done the right thing.

50 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by dacovajnr: 3:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Baami you've done the right thing..That's a Typical Nigerian Mom for you...My Mom does that too grin

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Simpletoby(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
Am sure your mum would have done the same if she is in ur shoe. She just wanna act strict so chill

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by LuveU2(f): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
You have done well my friend.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by mytime24(f): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Ideycum

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
hmmmmm what if the phone was really stolen?

Pls don't be pushed into judging the Lords elect

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
Wait let me ask my Oga at the top
I asked him, and he said...
You encouraged him to be lazy, he has two hands which means if he needs a phone he has to work for it, irrespective of his status (Pastor or Pope)...

Imho!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by hakeem4(m): 7:59pm On Mar 26, 2016
You were kind

2 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by driand(m): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
This question is not necessary, if I say something otherwise what would you do? Guy go get some fresh air and relax undecided

2 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by adrainuche(m): 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
Theese days u cant help people anymore...

2 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 26, 2016
You did the right thing. Even if the guy was lying, that's his problem. Continue to do good ma nigga.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Kreamie(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Lol...Your mom acted ignorantly (no disrespect meant) You being the bigger man was the right thing to do..Whatever happened to the phone, whether the dude lied or not is up to him...Remember, Karma is as real as they come

Kudos to you up! Good deeds begets good deeds and vice versa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by edoboy33(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
mytime24:
Ideycum
cum?? kiss
mytime24:
Ideycum
cum??

2 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by gbaskiboy: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Same also happened to me, a female friend gave me her phone to use since am not using browsing phone, few days later it was removed from my pocket by pickpocket I was dumbfounded totally on how to explain to the lady on how I lost the phone. I summon courage and explained to her, she told me never to worry about the phone and I should forget it. Though was grateful for her act of kindness. But each time I see this lady I felt I as if I played on her intelligence. God bears me witness

14 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by OCTAVO: 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by skelewu404(m): 8:01pm On Mar 26, 2016
I will not say anything so that it will not look as if am insulting someone's mum
So i reserve my comment

2 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by stargift: 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
When he came with ur phone that first time, he should ve left it with u while u bring his own the next day!

7 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by daniska3yaro(m): 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
People are unreasonable, illogical and self-
centered.
Love them anyway.
If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish,
ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.
The good you do today will be forgotten
tomorrow.
Do good anyway.
Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.
The biggest person with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest person with the
smallest mind.
Think big anyway.
What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.
People really need help but may attack if you help them.
Help people anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you might
get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
Your mum is just doing her duty as ur mother but trust me,ur mum is proud of u
God bless u,sir.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by AmAlbert(m): 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
You tried bruh
I go wan dey deal with people like you, wey get human sympathy and wey understand person
Make God bless you sir

*sips dogonyaro and aki awusa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by adonismuller(m): 8:02pm On Mar 26, 2016
You just wana tell the world how nice you are and how "not nice" your mum could be...

Okay we have known you are a nice person and your mum is not....so what next?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by yomalex(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
Let me eat first I dey come
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by freecocoa(f): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
I'd have done the same if I were you.

I think you were kind because he borrowed your phone cos he didn't have the type of yours(one with Internet) to tell him to buy it back will put a strain on his finances, as I don't think someone who can afford something like a phone, would rather borrow one, now a kind person wouldn't deliberately want to stress someone else.

I also get why your mum thinks you are foolish, she might believe he could have avoided what happened, as some people don't accept excuses in such situations, further justifying her stance with saying that, the man's actions is causing you stress, as you are now the one to suffer for his mistakes. I won't really say she's not a nice person because of it, it's just the way some people are, they don't give that kind of chance(s).

You on the other hand, just give more chances.

Btw OP, you don't go about calling yourself generous.

6 Likes

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by hakinze00(m): 8:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
Let put aside the fact that he is a pastor in calling,if u do a favor to someone neva regret doing it because according to ur passage u haven't acted foolishly in any way,if it were a girl u helped I guess dat question won't cross ur mind.ur mom got her opinion I got mine too maybe she said so due to past experience

1 Like

Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
This space is not 4 sale. Beware of 419
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Berrilite(f): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
You have done the right thing.
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by Adaahjacob(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
WELL, SINCE UR BIG PHONE SERVES ALL PURPOSES, JUST LET GO AS U'V DONE..
BUT HEY, IF HE GETS A NEW PHONE FOR U; DONT HESITATE TO COLLECT....
ON A SECOND THOUGHT------------
ASSUMING IT WAS D BIG PHONE U GAVE HIM AND HEARD D STOLEN STORY, WOULD U HAVE ALSO LET GO??
#JUSTTHINKING#
Re: An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? by techmart(m): 8:04pm On Mar 26, 2016
oh ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Huge Python Killed By Nigerian Soldiers In A Bush Near Their Barracks / Akhigbe Nuel Odiase: Corper Dies After Falling From A Danfo In Lagos / Very Poisonous Green Snake Killed This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.