Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,607 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop (192 Views)

Landlord And Tenant Who Is Responsible For This Maintenance / A Damaged Septic Tank Is A Threat To Your Building / Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by greggng: 9:59pm On Apr 12
In 2010 I handed a bran new house with pop to this tenant . Just yesterday he called to I form.me that the sitting room pop is cracking . Today I visited him with.a pop technician who adviced that it should be replaced with bran new instead if repairing it . He took the dimension of the house and told me is 600 ×390-24 Square meter. He is charging me 360k labour inclusive.

My question is ...whose responsibility to fix the pop since I handed a bran new house to him in 2010?

Secondly , I Need expert advice as to the correct price of getting this job done given the dimension I stated .

Finally will it be unjust if I demand that both of us share the responsibility?

I will be grateful to get expert advice on this matter...especially anyone that experience this before
Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by Aleem26(m): 10:02pm On Apr 12
Do you have stair case on the POP or what you did there then wasn’t solid….ask yourself first OK u no want renovate house u wan deh colet money….the guy buy the house

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by Stenewiser: 10:16pm On Apr 12
Na you, its obvious the damaged is not caused by your tenant, or does he walks on it?. If you like you repair, if the tenant moves out, no body go gree rent am with the damaged pop.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by thesicilian: 10:18pm On Apr 12
The landlord / caretaker is responsible, as long as there's nothing pointing to the tenant as being the direct cause of the damage.
Besides you keep saying 2010 as if it's just yesterday, 2010 is 14yrs ago and enough time for depreciation to start happening on any part of your house. And that's even assuming that original building materials were used in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by Macphenson: 9:16am On Apr 13
Thats fourteen years already. its responding to wears and tears. You are responsible for this as the house owner.

As for cost management, tell the artisan to seperate material from labour cost for you. Go and get the materials yourself. Tell him not to over quote the materials as you are the one making the purchase yourself.

The price him on only the labour cost.

It should save you some cost.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by greggng: 9:22am On Apr 13
Macphenson:
Thats fourteen years already. its responding to wears and tears. You are responsible for this as the house owner.

As for cost management, tell the artisan to seperate material from labour cost for you. Go and get the materials yourself. Tell him not to over quote the materials as you are the one making the purchase yourself.

The price him on only the labour cost.

It should save you some cost.

Thank you so much ...he said his labour is 45k ... but I love the idea of buying the material ...I only hope they didn't sell fake to me . Left for me I would ve converted it to ceiling cos I don't have time for this kind of maintenance . If it white to be ceiling ...I would ge finished working on it now
Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by Macphenson: 9:33am On Apr 13
Price him 30k for the labour. He should be able to do that job in two days. 24sqm is not much.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by greggng: 9:57am On Apr 13
Macphenson:
Price him 30k for the labour. He should be able to do that job in two days. 24sqm is not much.

Thanks
Re: Who Is Responsible For Fixing A Damaged Sitting Room Pop by greggng: 2:29pm On Apr 28
Update on the pop ..I have completed the job and attached the pix here . This us money consuming. However I am very angry with the message I got from my tenant. He is asking me whose duty to paint the pop and the parlour . I have not responded. This question might force me to issue him.quit notice . So he expects me to paint.tje house after spending all this money ?

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Sand Merchants(sand And Granite Delivery). / For Sale / Fillin Station For Sale@lagos Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.