Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 (30812 Views)

Ozil's Girlfriend Slept With Everyone At Inter, AC Milan - Pèrez Leaked Audio / Kanu Nwankwo And His Wife, Amara Unfollow Each Other On Instagram / The Hardley Apartments: Inside Kanu Nwankwo's Lagos Hotel & Cost Per Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Naira20: 7:31am On Apr 13

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by SIRG120: 8:47am On Apr 13
Naira20:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtCJpgzQs4k
Papilo... The most Tricky and naturally gifted African Footballer of all Time.... Slow on the ball but very tactical... Two times African Footballer of the year... Scored 1 goal in 12 games for Intermilan and 44 goals for Arsenal....King Kanu the great

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Danielomisco(m): 9:53am On Apr 13
Kanu is a good player,I still cant understand how Okocha is rated higher.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by APOPTOSIS: 12:32pm On Apr 13
MIKEL that said he's better than KANU should go for brain transplant. He's sick in his memory cells.
Hope he's on Nairaland watching this.
Same Mikel that punished CECH with Back passes.
MIKEL and KANU na mate🤔🤔🤔?
MIKEL should just respect himself henceforth.

People just open their mouth to talk rubbish because you won trophies.
Doesn't he know an IDIOT can accompany a team to win trophies? So because he won trophies, that now makes him sensible and integral to his team, even close enough to compare himself with Kanu. He doesn't come anywhere close to Amuneke and he's talking about KANU. MIKEL go ask ur father about KANU.

When these Men Were in Super Eagles, Nigeria's FiFa ranking in the world was 6th position. No African country has ever attained such till now.
Get that into ur head. Nonsense!

66 Likes 13 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Bukola94: 12:37pm On Apr 13
Danielomisco:
Because JJ Okocha got skills,dope tricks and killer passes lile Dinho. Free kicks, assists and powerful shots. Both they both respected on another and they know they're both gifted and pure talent. I enjoyed watching both players

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Starboytwo(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13
Danielomisco:
normaly, Naija like dribbling and effeezzy.

Kanu is my king. Papillo, so much finesse.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by kingar(m): 1:27pm On Apr 13
Was expecting at least one goal but none

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Kingray10: 1:28pm On Apr 13
Danielomisco:
Because dribbling is entertaining.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by TUANKU(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13
papilo...I know say one day you go make us proud...and you surely did.

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by richiemcgold: 2:34pm On Apr 13
Bukola94:
Because JJ Okocha got skills,dope tricks and killer passes lile Dinho. Free kicks, assists and powerful shots. Both they both respected on another and they know they're both gifted and pure talent. I enjoyed watching both players
Despite all the skills and other qualities you mentioned up there, Okocha had a very poor goal and assist records. His total goal haul for PSG was not up to 10 despite playing for many years in Paris. At Bolton, he scored 8 goals in 145 appearances. At super eagles, his all time goals+assists record is not up to 20 in a career of over ten years. So, what is the essence of a skillful player that cannot create high number of goals for his team?

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by PulaPower: 3:03pm On Apr 13
Papillo..

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by sioniboy(m): 3:07pm On Apr 13
richiemcgold:

Despite all the skills and other qualities you mentioned up there, Okocha had a very poor goal and assist records. His total goal haul for PSG was not up to 10 despite playing for many years in Paris. At Bolton, he scored 8 goals in 145 appearances. At super eagles, his all time goals+assists record is not up to 20 in a career of over ten years. So, what is the essence of a skillful player that cannot create high number of goals for his team?

I rate Kanu above Jay Jay; anytime any day.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Talkisneeded: 3:32pm On Apr 13
Manu any-day anytime...
A team player compared to okocha...

I sell herbs sha

2 Likes

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Fattprince23: 7:25pm On Apr 13
Danielomisco:
I was almost roasted because of this. But I looked at all of my debaters they don't know much about football.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Fattprince23: 7:27pm On Apr 13
APOPTOSIS:
MIKEL that said he's better than KANU should go for brain transplant. He's sick in his memory cells.

Doesn't he know an IDIOT can accompany a team to win trophies? So because he won trophies, that now makes him sensible and integral to his team, even close enough to compare himself with Kanu. He doesn't come anywhere close to Amuneke and he's talking about KANU. MIKEL go ask ur father about KANU.

When these Men Were in Super Eagles, Nigeria's FiFa ranking in the world was 6th position. No African country has ever attained such till now.
They were 5th

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Asonaijaaso: 8:13pm On Apr 13
People like Kanu,Okocha,Amokachi,Finidi etc

Should have met with the likes of Adenuga, Dangote, theophilus danjuma, BUA and started Nigerian league.
Any player that signs abroad from the league will repatriate 10% of his income to the state he played for while in Nigeria. This will fund the league perpetually.
A lot of companies and high net worth individual will offer CSR.

But if crude oil no finish for Naija, we will never exploit any other revenue generation schemes.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by helinues: 8:13pm On Apr 13
Papilo, one day you would make us great.

He did already

Legend

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by KnownUnknown: 8:14pm On Apr 13
Danielomisco:

Only by those who don’t understand football.

14 Likes

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Goodlady(f): 8:15pm On Apr 13
Danielomisco:
Kini kawa sesi?

1 Like

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by VaginaAcademic: 8:16pm On Apr 13
So Kanu played with R9 Ronaldo wow

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by techub: 8:16pm On Apr 13
One day I shall make this country proud

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by updatedws: 8:17pm On Apr 13
An amazing talent... the only professional footballer who does the 68 dribble... Adebayo and John Utaka tried doing the 68 but theirs lacked the grace with which Papilo executed he's...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Sctests: 8:19pm On Apr 13
The first ever Kanu match I watched was in 1994/95 or there about, it was an indoor football game between Iwuanyanwu Nationale and I think ?Lobi stars.

I think it was a game between their feeder teams but it was shown on a Saturday on NTA2 channel 5. He scored about 6 goals in that game in total.

He scored about 2 goals first, he was then taken out with a stretcher, he came back and scored 3 goals, taken out with a stretcher again, he returned and capped the match with another goal.

I was just jumping up and down as a boy celebrating the goals in my father's sitting room. Never knew who he was until I saw him again in the Olympic games in Atlanta 1996 doing great things. This time he made my father jump and scream for joy like a kid in the middle of the night. grin

Kanu was a wonder. He played 'Selense' football.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by updatedws: 8:19pm On Apr 13
APOPTOSIS:

Mikel never said he was better. He only argued he is the most decorated Nigerian player. Although that seems to be false. Kanu is more decorated

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by IronGalaxy: 8:23pm On Apr 13
Here's a player I feel doesn't get enough recognition among Nigerians' I could be wrong since I'm not from there? This guy was a baller!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Rossikk(m): 8:23pm On Apr 13
richiemcgold:

Oh please shut up with this statistic rubbish.

Indomie generation

People who know football do not use statistics and spreadsheets.

Plus you are a liar on top, because Okocha scored 14 goals with 11 assists at Bolton, not “8 goals”. And it was not a very good team, or he would have done far more.

See how the Premier League and Sky News honoured the great Jay Jay Okocha just LAST WEEK, with a video titled ‘There will never be another Jay Jay Okocha’.

Click to watch on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HFso_FLPV4?si=hjbtVj7wwIsMZUTd

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by QuinModah(f): 8:23pm On Apr 13
Papillo I know say one day you go make us proud.

4 Likes

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by theysg: 8:24pm On Apr 13
Danielomisco:

Okocha solid pass Kanu abeg.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by QuinModah(f): 8:24pm On Apr 13
IronGalaxy:
Here's a player I feel doesn't get enough recognition among Nigerians' I could be wrong since I'm not from there? This guy was a baller!
Babayaro is underrated. I have seen anyone replacement so far in SE

1 Like

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by KnownUnknown: 8:25pm On Apr 13
QuinModah:
Babayaro is underrated. I have seen anyone replacement so far in SE

Taiye Taiwo filled those shoes.
Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by Jeje247: 8:26pm On Apr 13
richiemcgold:

Are you sure you understand this table?

1 Like

Re: KANU Nwankwo At Inter Milan In 1998 by KnownUnknown: 8:26pm On Apr 13
theysg:

Okocha solid pass Kanu abeg.

I wonder who outplayed everyone at the 1996 Olympics that included Ronaldo. It sure wasn’t wasteful Okocha.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pogba Meeting Zidane In Dubai Adds To Suspicion Of Man Utd Transfer Talk / Anthony Joshua Beats Otto Wallin: Deontay Wilder Outboxed By Joseph Parker(video / The Emirates FA Cup 4th Round Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.