Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet (157 Views)

Black Liquid Found In Sylvester Oromoni's Stomach During Autopsy – Father / October 12 Resumption: We Can’t Work On Empty Stomach, Strike Indefinite – ASUU / Meet The Man Who Could Take A Cannonball And Sledgehammer To The Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet by IAmHim1: 8:09am On Apr 13
This post stems from the pain i feel in my heart when i hear people complain

" I ate rice yesterday, and you want me to eat rice today. Is it everyday i will be eating rice. rice rice rice rice...i am tired of eating rice oo. I want to eat bread or drink custard instead"

Not only does such complain reek of ungratefulness and lack of appreciation for what you have and others in IDP camps can only dream for, it also comes from a simple lack of understanding that THE STOMACH DOESNT TASTE

You want to know HOW i know that the stomach doesnt taste dont you

Its BECAUSE the tongue is the only organ in your full body thats responsible for taste and if your stomach was responsible for taste, your vomit would have tasted sweet...because you wouldnt have deliberately swallowed bitter food

Of course, you just ate a delicious meal...

So why does your mouth taste bitter after vomitting that sweet fried rice and ice cream you recently ate

BECAUSE the ice cream you ate ended in your stomach. So while you were busy thinking "i'm licking a sweet ice cream", your stomach is busy thinking "whats the nutrient i can get from this ice cream so i can keep other organs and systems running effectively"

Never will the stomach be caught thinking "this is a sweet ice cream. This user is enjoying life o"

You saw and tasted SWEET. Your stomach ONLY sees nutrition.

DEMYSTIFYING THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE STOMACH AND THE MOUTH:

The mouth houses the tongue, which is the ONLY organ in your body responsible for taste(Theres none other responsible for taste) While the stomach is the only system in your body responsible for digestion

The mouth is JUST a channel for food to get into the stomach BUT the mouth cares about sweet things. You can see the mouth as a Top security guard of a Big Multinational company. To get past this Top security guard, you have to have a security clearance. To the mouth, this security clearance is SWEETNESS OF THE FOOD

The end point of all food you eat is for the food to get to the stomach where digestion takes place. The food you eat doesnt go to your brain. IT goes straight to your stomach FIRST and the stomach doesnt care about sweet foods, only the nutrient gotten from these sweet food you eat.

The mouth doesnt digest while the stomach doesnt taste

Now this concept alone would make you think that all nutritious food would be sweet because the food has to be sweet for you to want to eat it so it can get to the stomach, BUT some esoteric knowledge get taken and used in the wrongest of ways ever by Large companies with Big Pockets...Big Pockets which comes from the unnecessary blood and sweat of the masses, and for this particular case, the guilty party is *some* Large food companies

For these large food companies its:

" SINCE THE FOOD DOESNT HAVE TO BE NUTRITIOUS for it to be craved by our customers, IT ONLY HAS TO BE SWEET enough for them to want to buy it AND put in their mouth.

We dont care what happens in the stomach of our customers, we only care what happens in their tongue. Since the food HAS TO BE sweet for our existing AND potential customers to want to put it in their mouth so their tongue can savor the food sweetness, we will give them the sweet food but strip it away of the important nutrients since most processed foods strips away basic nutrients and adding these natural nutrients back in artificial ways can be rocket science sometimes

As long as they are paying us for it, we will give the masses sweet food that lacks nutrition."

Thats why you have your pizza, Sugar, soft drink, cake etc.

Now guess what these foods all have in common. YES. THEY'RE SWEET

Now also guess the next best thing they all have in common: There's no basic nutrition in it. Thats why they are clasified as junk foods by Nutritionists

FOOD ALLOTROPES:

Allotropes are compounds having the same chemical structure but different physical structure.

Simply put, they LOOK different to your eyes on the outside but their INNER chemical structure is same

Just take your dad for example. You DONT LOOK like him physically, but you happen to share same inner chemical structure by way of DNA, and that idea of basic allotropy alone is the foundation for paternity/DNA test that hospitals use

and what might have escaped some of you before now is that the concept of Allotropy can also be applied to food

Take your garri and bread for example. They're allotropes of Carbohydrate: garri, bread, rice, pap/custard etc.

These foods mentioned all look different AND tastes different, but when taken in, your stomach only sees these foods PRIMARILY as carbohydrate.

***Yes, there are quantities of nutrients that bread has but garri doesnt. But guess what. These nutrients are soo small (trace nutrient) that you would have to eat lots of these food to get a meaningful quantity. So basically, garri and bread PRIMARILY have a higher concentration of carbohydrate above all else.

You doubt that quantity aspect don't you.

Check the back of your sachet powdered milk. All nutrients listed there are specified PER 100grams. and 1 sachet is 12-14 grams.
Meaning you would have to use 7-8 sachets to get the full nutrient your sachet powdered milk lists on their nutritional value table. 7-8 sachets is quite a lot so you see the picture now

UNDERSTAND THIS: The stomach doesnt care about the food taste. Thats no business of the stomach. It only cares about the nutrient it can get from the class of food you eat. Simple

You can juxtapose this idea with the pVssy and the womb for example. The pussy only cares about the lenght, thickness and curvature of the penis while the womb cares about the sperm gotten from the penis.

The pussy cares about the sweetness of the penis while the womb only cares about sperm to make babies.

Sinply put, the pVssy doesnt carry babies and the womb doesnt care about sweet penis samw way the mouth only cares about sweetness while the stomach only cares about nutrition

Moving on,

Now whats the difference between egg and beans. To your eyes and tongue, its different in looks and in taste. But to your stomach, its just Protein. Your body breaks it down to repair worn out tissues. Thats what the stomach does day in and day out: process food by absorbing the nutrients from it

Now the main difference between these Allotropes of food is how fast they digest in the body.

Yes. There are different speed to how food digest in your body. Thats why these athletes you know dont eat eba before running. Instead they take glucose although glucose and eba are both carbohydrate.

Why.

Glucose, although a form of carbohydrate, digests faster THAN eba.

and since eba digest slower compared to glucose, it would only make athletes heavier therby impeding their ability to run faster

and this is also the trick professional body builders use: They know that different food(even food of the same class) have different rate of digestion so after microtearing their muscles by way of lifting heavyweight, a process called exercise, they eat FAST DIGESTING PROTEINS AND carbohydrates so that their body can immediately utilise it and repair worn out tissues and supply energy too.
{google glycemic index and fast digesting proteins}

**Bonus point: You'd notice i capitalised proteins for body builders. I cant stress its importance enough but if you are going to the gym to build muscles and you eat only rice or garri before and after exercising, you wont build ANY muscles. Altgough body buildng happens outside the gym NOT INSIDE, the process is pretty algorithmic: Eat this input and you will get this output

it would be a waste of your precious time exercising without protein in your diet. Carbohydrates gives energy PRIMARILY to lift the dumbbells while PROTEIN by way of amino acids, repair your worn out tissues while and after exercising***

PUTTING THIS PAINTED PICTURE ALL TOGETHER:

When you eat garri and it gets to your stomach, the garri eaten is interpreted as just CARBOHYDRATE not SWEET carbohydrate

when your stomach digest rice, it inteprets it as JUST CARBOHYDRATES too.

No difference. JUST THE TASTE and its appearance

it WAS just the way the food form appeared and what your tongue tasted that confused you at first.

You are a human that needs to survive. You only give spoons not forks about how the food taste. What your body needs is to be healthy and strong and have energy to do your daily tasks. If you can afford the food that can supply your body its needed energy AND the food TASTES sweet, FINE. Carry on

but if you can only afford the food that can give your body its energy and the nutrients it requires to keep you healthy but such food isnt sweet, thats something you as a smart human should overlook. Why be ungrateful when you already have all you need. The moment the food passes your tongue, everything about taste is discarded because the food you eat is going to your stomach and your stomach doesnt taste. Foods can be bitter and still be nutritious too

Why do you think Yoyo bitters and agbo still sells till today. You think its because theyre sweet OR because theyre nutritious.

Your A-ha! moment right there

Henceforth try NOT to be deceived by your tongue . Its what the stomach interprets that matters in the grand scheme of your survival NOT what your tongue tastes

Live long and Prosper Fellas!

Credit: Ubunja Miseducation 'All Sex is for Making Babies'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet by Weknowbetter: 8:40am On Apr 13
You wrote a damn report because somebody is tired of rice? Food has to pass the tongue and taste buds to reach stomache, correct?
Re: The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet by JOACHINpedro: 8:47am On Apr 13
Nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet by Caleb15(m): 10:58am On Apr 13
Belle no be show glass
Re: The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet by erad(m): 11:22am On Apr 13
Lol...

I can't even begin to describe how stupid the whole write up looks to me.

"I ate this yesterday and can't eat same again today", if I'm providing the food for myself, why should that be anyone's problem?

One of the most troubling issues with modern day social media is the annoying thought people have that they can police the life and actions of others.
If not, all this roundabout writeup won't be necessary in the first place.

When people's personal choices and preferences starts bothering you even though it harms you in no way, then your mental state is in question.

If you want to eat the same thing forever, perfect. But don't go around thinking you have a say in what others choose to do with their mouths and resources.
Re: The Stomach Doesnt Taste: If Not, Your Vomit Would Be Sweet by IAmHim1: 10:13pm On Apr 13
You have reading issues dare. whose fault is that now

erad:
Lol...

I can't even begin to describe how stupid the whole write up looks to me.

"I ate this yesterday and can't eat same again today", if I'm providing the food for myself, why should that be anyone's problem?

One of the most troubling issues with modern day social media is the annoying thought people have that they can police the life and actions of others.
If not, all this roundabout writeup won't be necessary in the first place.

When people's personal choices and preferences starts bothering you even though it harms you in no way, then your mental state is in question.

If you want to eat the same thing forever, perfect. But don't go around thinking you have a say in what others choose to do with their mouths and resources.

(1) (Reply)

Life On Campus.. / Railway Coaching In Delhi / Be Creative! Create Jobs Instead Of Searching For One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.