Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) (387 Views)

I Fell In Love With Musa / I Fell In Love With A Bad Church Boy! / The Day I Fell In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 5:30pm On Apr 13
Episode 1
Kiki:

"Eri pass me my bag." I yelled over the loud music that was banging in the next room which happens to be a clubhouse.

"Learn to say 'please' and 'thank you' B." Erica said firmly lifting the bag above arms reach as I tried to snatch it from her.

Erica is my best friend and colleague. We met two years ago when I started working here at the club and she's been more than a sister to me. She can be loud and annoying sometimes too.

"Well duh!" I replied with an eye roll as I opened the bag and took out my cologne spraying it on my clothes and hair. ( I mean crazy lingeries, thigh high stockings and six inch heels only.😀)

"Ladies, time to get a move on." Our manager said as the door opened and he poked his head in.

"Yes sir!" Erica yelled as the sound of the music grew louder, thanks to the open door.

We both took a final look in the mirror admiring our makeup before walking out dramatically into the main hall of the clubhouse. Let's get this party started.

Allow me to formally introduce myself. I'm Kiara AKA Kiki. I'm 24, working as a stripper on Tuesdays and Fridays at a strip club called 'Chutzpah' in Florida while my family are in The NOLA that's New Orleans, Louisiana.

I'm lightskinned, slim thick with killer curves and hey, I've got a pretty face too. Don't got no boyfriend or lover and I don't sleep around either. Crazy but it's true! I don't want any emotional nonsense to tie me down and I don't also want a baby or an STD.

My dad and mum got divorced right from when I was a kid. Also, I've been the one taking care of my mum and younger sister Amy for years now ever since my mum got into an accident which landed her in a wheelchair making it impossible for her to work and fend for us.

I had to drop out of school and start hustling to pay the bills, get us fed and send Amy to college. That's why I started dancing for dollars.

My dad had abandoned us after the divorce and we haven't heard from him since then.

We got on stage and hit the pole as usual doing what we know how to do best.

Everyone's attention was on us as we danced like we were in a Nicki Minaj video shoot.

I could see some gangsters in the VIP section and I got over there twerking and giving them a tease while they kept slapping my big butts and throwing money in the air which I didn't hesitate to pick up.

After I was done for the night, we returned backstage to our dressing room laughing loudly and excitedly about the money in our palms. The next set of girls were already dressed and waiting for us to finish up on stage so they could get up there.

"Dollar bills is my sons." Erica sang as she fanned herself with the money in her hand.

"Say that twice b." I concurred with a chuckle and slumped into a chair taking out some wipes to erase all traces of the heavy makeup I was wearing while Erica kept blabbing about one thing or the other.

In a matter of minutes, we were done changing up and ready to go home. I felt this crazy urge to drink some ice cold water as I was so parched and thus, decided to get into the club and find myself some water to drink.

Having said goodbye to Eri who's boyfriend was already outside waiting to pick her up, I walked back into the club and straight to the bar.

"Hey K!" Chris the barman hollered as I got to the bar.

"Good evening Chrissy. Can I have some water?" I yelled back over the loud music.

"Sure thang chicken" He said and filled a glass with the chilled clear liquid and I received it flicking him a smile as I took it all down in a single gulp.

"Thanks Chrissy." I spoke smiling broadly as I passed him the now empty glass.

"You was hot tonight." He Commented collecting it from my hand with a grin. Well, duhh!

"You worked some magic up the pole tonight babe. I must say you got some moves." A deep and sweet voice like none I've ever heard said beside me and I quickly turned to see who it was.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked after drooling over him for a quick minute. Believe me, I'm staring at a really pretty boy right now. No cap!
Black skin, strong muscular arms and with the way the blue lights in the club shone on his face, you'd think he's got diamonds in his eyes. Dang!

"Yeah. You're one of the dancers from earlier ain't you?" He added and I smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah sure. Name's Kiara but you can call me...

"Kiki." He cut me off and concluded my sentence for me with a wide smile as we shook hands. His hands were soft and smooth like a baby's. Even with the blue lights in the club, I could still make out his perfect lips which looked so soft and kissable.

He introduced himself to me as Dwayne and happens to be new in town.

After we talked for a while, it was time for me to say goodbye and be on my way as I was really tired and had to go catch some sleep.

Outside the Club...

I adjusted the straps of my hand bag properly on my shoulder as I walked towards my car in the poorly lit parking lot walking past a drunk couple who were busy making out with each other.

"Hey stripper, mind if I get with you?" One of two guys who were resting on the hood of one of the cars smoking a blunt said. I ignored him making to walk past them but the second one grabbed my wrist and tried to pull me back.

I reached for the pepper spray which was in the pocket of my sweatpants and wasted no time in spraying it all over their faces. They screamed in pain and let me go holding their faces and trying to get away. Psychos!

Well, I'm a stripper who dances with little or no clothes on. Hazards of the job include harassment and assaults of all sorts that's why I have my pepper spray, my pocket knife and my gun all for self defense.

"Bravo K-doll." Someone said from behind me clapping continously.

"Why are you following me Dwayne? Are you a stalker?" I asked in a sassy voice as I realized that it was the same guy from earlier.

"Nah, not at all. I just came out with the hopes of finding you out here and getting your number." He explained. I turned round and strutted away shaking my head disappointedly with him following behind. He's prolly checking my back side out. All these boys wanna do is get with me.

"Come again to Chutzpah on Friday. I'll give you a good show instead. And if I like you enough, I can treat you to some free booze." I told him as I started up my car driving out of the parking lot while he stood there waving at me. Duh!

"Well you shoulda seen him, he was like, so hot." I said with a shrug as me and Erica walked along the hallways of the supermarket pushing our cart which was full of stuff along. I was actually telling her about Dwayne who I met the other day at the club.

"I'm praying he comes around tomorrow, I can't wait to feed my eyes." Erica whispered in my ear and we both burst out laughing.

"Kiki!" I heard a familiar voice resound in the distance and I stopped laughing and turned round to confirm.

"It's him." I told Erica as I turned to see him waving and smiling at me.

"Him who?" Erica asked sounding ridiculous and turned round also scanning the halls.

"Dwayne, the guy I've been talking about." I whisper yelled to prevent him from hearing me as he walked towards us.

"He came as advertised." Erica said jokingly after the introductions ignoring the fact that I was furrowing my brows at her in embarrassment as she pushed the cart towards the payment desk leaving me alone with Dwayne.

"You been talking about me?" Dwayne asked with a smirk playing on his face.

"Not exactly. Erica says a lot of crazy stuff sometimes." I answered with an eye roll and he burst out laughing knowing that I was telling a blatant lie. Whatever!

"Why do you keep popping up everywhere I am?" I asked pretending to be annoyed with him.

"Chill Ki, it's a big fat coincidence that I happen to be in the same store at the same time with you." He said amidst loud laughter and I tightened up my face in a frown. I'm sure I looked like an angry emoji or something.

"Keep laughing. Guess I look like an ugly fat clown to you." I said sarcastically maintaining a straight face while he kept laughing.

"Hope your offer still stands?" He asked after he'd stopped laughing.

"I change my mind easily Dwayne." I said sounding serious. By now, Erica was done with making payments for the stuff we bought and returned to where we were.

"Time to get a move on B." Erica joked as she got to our position.

"A phone number wouldn't hurt." Dwayne spoke pleadingly referring to me. Before I could say anything in response, Erica collected the phone from him and inputted a number. Remind me to kill her if she dares give him my number.

"Thank you my lady." He said kissing her palm.

"My pleasure." She sang in an awkward and forced British accent. Urgh! I groaned inwardly and folded my arms around my chest as I watched their display with both brows raised.

"See, that was just like clockwork; simple and sweet. Bye dolls!" He said shooting me a little wink before turning round and walking towards the payment desk.
"Such a sexy stud." I thought biting my lower lip.

"To earth Kiki!" Erica screamed in my ear as I was lost staring at Dwayne's retreating figure.

"You like him don'tcha?" Erica taunted and I rolled my eyes turning round heading towards the exit.

"Oh, I hit a nerve." Erica continued running after me with the shopping bags in both hands.

"Why'd you give him my number anyway?" I asked as we got inside the car.

"Who said I gave him your number?" She responded with a sly smile.

"I gave him my ex's number." She added sticking her tongue out like she was Megan thee Stallion and we both burst out laughing as I started the car driving out of the car lot. Erica is one crazy Chick.

Read Episode 2 Here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-2/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 1:32pm On Apr 14
Episode 2

Kiki

"You're one amazing dancer doll." Dwayne commented giving me a peck on the cheek.

"Thanks Dwayne, body like mine pays the bills." I said feeling myself a bit.

Well, it's Friday night and I've just finished my shift for tonight. As promised, I've given Dwayne a breathtaking lap dance. (One that he won't forget in a hurry.)

Unlike other guys though, he didn't try to touch me which made me feel very comfortable while dancing for him.

"I really do like you K-DOLL" He said and all I could do was laugh. I mean who wouldn't like a girl me. Perfect body, pretty face, I've got it all.

"You don't say." I replied in my usual sassy voice.

"I'm serious. Although y'all gave me a wrong number yesterday, but we could roll out me and you. I'm not talking about flings and one nightstands here." He said with a serious expression on his face.

"I'm a stripper Dwayne, I don't do boyfriends." I responded honestly and got up to leave.

"Okay let's just be friends then, just gimme your number to start with. Promise not to bombard you with calls and messages. Pinkie promise." He said raising his pinkie.

"Fine. Gimme your phone then." I said sighing defeatedly.

I took the phone from him and typed in my number before saying goodnight and walked back to the dressing room where I had to get changed.

"He found out that we gave him a fake number didn't he?" Erica asked trying to suppress her laughter as I walked into the busy dressing room with a little frown on my face.

"You mean you gave him a fake number." I retorted making air quotes.

"Eish, Whatever! He was meant to find out anyway. I'm sure that my nasty ex breathed some fire." She joked and we burst out laughing so hard that the other girls in the room gave us some awkward stares which we cared less about.

I took time to fill her in on my discussion with Dwayne joking and laughing about it as we did so.

"What's taking y'all so long to get up here? Customers are waiting." Larry, the owner of the club barked as he barged into the room huffing and puffing. Dude has no chill.

The other girls who were kinda b-grade scurried out of the room like scared little rabbits while me and Erica were still busy removing our makeup.

"You girls did great tonight." He commented and I only responded with a nod.

"As always daddy." Erica said in a little voice wiggling her long painted nails. Such a drama queen. Yikes!

"And oh, that reminds me, Erica, lose that belly fat." He teased before walking out of the room.

"He didn't just say that to my face did he?" Erica cried out looking down at her belly which was becoming less flat as the days go by.

"I think he kinda did." I said amidst muffled laughter.

"Well is it true? Is my belly getting fat?" Erica asked with a little frown.

"No offense but you look five months pregnant Eri." I responded with a snort. That kinda angered her as she started throwing the makeup wipes at me while I kept laughing and calling her 'fatty'.

"I'm so exhausted." Erica whined as we exited the gym. She's finally agreed to get registered at the gym today thanks to getting repeatedly teased about her belly.

"You're so lazy Eri." I complained and started up the car. We've barely exercised for 10 minutes and she already wants to go home and stuff her face with food.

"Just take me home B, I'll get better. You know I'm new to this. I'm just doing this to keep my stripper body and my job." She rapped tiredly.

"You don't say." I injected icily as she kept poking my arm playfully trying to make me laugh a bit.

"Let's get some sandwiches, I'm so freaking hungry." Erica suggested as we drove past a little fast food place and I stepped on the brakes bringing the car to a halt with a little screech about two blocks away from the fast food place.

"You go get it." I said as I opened the water bottle and put it on my lips.

"Nah, we going together." Erica protested with a little frown.

"Let's go then." I finally agreed getting down from the car and she also followed suit.

"That'll be eighty." The cashier said and I received the paper bag from her passing her a hundred dollar bill.

"You can keep the change." I said and turned to walk back to where Erica was standing outside making a call when I suddenly jammed with a familiar pair of eyes.

"Hey beautiful Doll." He greets with a smile while still standing in my way.

"You're blocking my way." I said instead, ignoring his greetings.

"Sorry about that." He says and steps aside as he saw the death glares I was giving him.

"Why are you everywhere?" I questioned through gritted teeth as I started walking towards the exit.

"It's called chemistry Doll, relax." He replied with a chuckle and I shook my head quickening my steps.

"I'll call you later." He yelled as I paid him no mind and walked out of the place. So annoying!

Four Months Later:

"Why haven't you gotten a boyfriend yet Kiara Thomas?" My mum asked as I settled down on the couch. I'm currently in New Orleans where my mum is staying.

"Mum I'm not ready for a relationship yet." I babbled like a preschooler.

"You'll be 25 in two weeks Kiara." My mum dragged on.

"I'm a stripper mum, I don't..."

"Shut up and listen to me Kiara, just because you dance at a strip club doesn't mean that you are condemned to be emotionally empty and alone forever. Amy is getting married soon, and you need to make plans for something like that as well." My mum nagged as I kept rubbing my forehead in frustration.

My mom always gives fine sermons.

"Fine, I'll look for a boyfriend then." I said throwing my hands in the air.

Well my mum is kinda right, I haven't had a boyfriend since I was nineteen. Crazy right?

"Not just any boyfriend Hun, but a good man. I'm not talking about the drug dealers and thugs you dance for Kiara." My mom added sternly.

"Understood ma'am."

"And happy birthday to you." She said in a totally different tone handing me a shopping bag which was beside her wheelchair.

"This is so beautiful mum, thank you, thank you!!" I screamed excitedly as I took out the contents of the bag; a pair of Levi's and black stilettos.

"I hope the Levi's size you right." My mum commented as I kept lifting the cloth in the air in admiration.

"Of course it'll size me. Thanks so much mum." I squealed squeezing my mum in a tight hug.

It's seven in the evening and I was chilling on the couch watching a corny and boring TV show. I came back to Florida some days back.

A little knock sounded on my door and I quietly got up to see who it was. Dwayne! Speak of the devil!!

I opened the door and found him baring his pearly whites in an infectious smile which I didn't hesitate to return.

"Hey Doll." He greeted and extended his arms for a hug.

"My door bell still works you know." I stated as soon as we disengaged from the hug.

"I'm a cave man." He said with a little laugh beating his chest.

"Whatever." I said in my usual duh tone rolling my eyes as I turned round and walked lazily back to the couch.

"You're looking mighty fine tonight." He commented as he shut the door and followed me into the room.

"Thanks D." I replied with a small smile as I felt his eyes seeping through my clothes. Well I wasn't wearing much anyway. Just a bralette which barely covered my nipples and sport shorts which resembled an underwear. Everything he wanted to see was on full disclosure.

In case you're interested in knowing why Dwayne is at my house, let me get you a low down;

In the past few months, me and Dwayne have become really great friends even though we're not dating, we've slept over at each other's place but nothing funny has happened. Not even a kiss!

"What did you have for dinner?" Dwayne asked amidst a loud yawn and I threw a cushion at him.

"Easy girl!" He exclaimed after catching the cushion in mid air.

"I ate some pizza." I said as I smiled fascinated by his agility.

"You're a real time junkie. Wonder how you still got a body like that." He complained shaking his head as he stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"And you know that I can't cook." I said rubbing my nails.

For y'all who don't know, Dwayne is one crazy cook and you can take that to the bank!

"Where is the pasta?" He asked as I walked into the kitchen after a while to find him ransacking the cabinets apparently looking for the pasta.

"First one on the left." I said and he opened it and found the pack of pasta.

"You in?" He queried as he wanted to know the quantity of pasta to prepare.

"Is that a question? You think I'd let you cook my pasta, in my kitchen and still eat all of it alone?" I queried rolling my eyes.

"Stingy!" He mumbled and I slapped him hard on the butt.

"Chill, will ya?" He said after letting out a little yelp.

He lit up the fire and placed the pot of pasta on the stove before turning round to face me as he unbuttoned his shirt.

"Let me help with that." I offered and he let me undo the buttons.

"Mmmm." He moaned softly as I ran my fingers slowly down his now bare torso. The word 'Motown' was tatted up in black ink on his chest. Well that's his hometown - Detroit.

He further extended his hands to his back and I gently slipped down the sleeves of the shirt pulling em off his arms.

I stood behind him continually biting my lower lip as I stared at his muscular back which had the inscription;

'3-1-3 made In Detroit' tatted up also in black ink. Such a patriot!

I ran my long painted nails down his spine and I could sense him cringe a bit.

"That tickles." He said as he turned round and grabbed my fingers for a minute before letting go and grabbing my waist instead lifting me up and placing me on the kitchen counter.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he kept placing soft kisses down my neck. We flirt a whole lot most of the time when we are alone but like I said, no kissing on the lips and no sex.

"You know, we could stay like this forever and a day and forfeit the pasta or you could let me concentrate with my cooking." He whispered softly in my ear after he stopped kissing on my neck.

I heaved a long sigh and let go of him so he could return to the food.

"Slice me some onions doll." He said passing me a knife from the rack.

"You wish! I just got my nails done. Do you want me to break them?" I asked showing him my nails.

"How bout I get em redone? You know I'm paid." He opined and I rolled my eyes taking the knife from him making him smile a bit.

As much as I try to deny it, I've developed some feelings for Dwayne over time and it sucks that I can't have him anymore because I already turned him down months ago. Now we're just friends and nothing more.

Read Episode 3 Here>>

https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-3/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 2:11pm On Apr 15
Episode 3

Kiki

"You like him right?" Erica asked and I nodded in affirmation."And you want to show him that you like him don'tcha?" She asked again and I kept nodding.

"Some nights you wish you could have him sweating on top of you right?" She dragged on with a naughty smirk on her face.

"Well, yes, maybe, no,no, wait, I..." I stuttered nervously as I was at a loss for words and she interrupted me with loud laughter.

I've been answering a long line of questions from Erica ever since I arrived at her place and it's been really freaking me out inside. I finally admitted to her that I like Dwayne and I want to let him know but I don't think I have enough courage to tell him to his face.

"Head over heels girl! I told you right from day one." Erica taunted.

"Of course you did." I said almost in a whisper as I rolled my eyes non-stop and she doubled in fits of laughter.

"It's not really funny you know?" I stated firmly maintaining a straight face.

"Okay, I'm sorry, but how do you intend to air out your feelings for him?" She finally stopped laughing and asked.

"Body language." I said with a wink.

"Hmm, but be careful girl, cause you might end up chasing him away if you overdo it." She advised and I nodded reasoning on what she just said. If I get too suggestive and try to seduce him, he might think I'm throwing myself at him too much.

I'm gonna take it easy and play my cards right.

I left Erica's place and took a quick stop at the grocery store and grabbed a couple ingredients for dinner before driving straight to Dwayne's place.

By the time pulled up in his driveway, it was just 5:37. He's not yet back from work. Just in case you are curious about what he does, Dwayne is an auto mechanic. That means he repairs cars and motor engines. He's from Motown anyway which also happens to be the hub of Automotives in the US.

I checked under the door mat and found the key just like I guessed.

"Viola!!" I sang and opened the door clutching the grocery bag to my chest with my left hand while my right hand held the door.

I dropped the bag on the kitchen counter and returned to the living room humming some meaningless tunes. I wish I knew how to cook.

I slumped into the couch and picked up the remote control ready to watch some stuff on Netflix.

A few minutes into the movie, there was a knock on the front door. I opened and found a visibly frowning Dwayne standing outside the door. I was so absorbed in the movie that I didn't even hear when he drove in.

"Good evening D." I greeted with a little smile and opened the door wide for him to come in.

"You should be the one on this side of the door." He said instead before walking into the house.

"But I'm already in." I countered sticking my tongue out at him.

"It's called invasion of privacy." He added firmly walking past me, his left arm slightly brushing my chest area sending waves of electricity round my body. Gosh!

"Whatever, my bad." I said in a whisper with puppy dog eyes.

"No hugs for me?" I pouted like I was about to cry.

"Nope, you just broke into my house." He responded sounding serious.

"I didn't break in, I walked in through the front door duh!" I protested in my defense.

"How was work today?" I asked as I followed him into the kitchen.

"The usual, stressful, getting my hands dirty and all that." He explained with a shrug before taking a sip of the water from the bottle in his hand.

"What's in the bag?" He queried with one hand on his waist and the other which held the bottle pointing at the grocery bag on the counter.

"Stuff for dinner. I was waiting for you to come and do the cooking." I answered as I eyed him closely. His hands still had some minor grease stains on them.

"Someone's thoughtful. Lemme shower before anything else." He chipped in before jogging up the stairs.

"Someone cares." I yelled and he burst into laughter before disappearing into the bedroom.

"Someone loves you." I added in a whisper when I heard the bedroom door close as I returned to my former position on the couch yawning like I was bout to swallow somebody.

"I'm back." He announced cheerfully as he jogged down the stairs wearing a blue t-shirt, black shorts and no shoes. He still took his time to comb his well cut hair and smell nice. I unconsciously sniffed in the scent of his cologne which filled the air and he furrowed his brows at me.

"That's creepy doll." He said with a smirk leaving me red with embarrassment.

"How bout we play a game first before I cook." He suggested as he got into the living room.

"I'm starving Dwayne." I complained.

"Just one round won't kill ya, c'mon." He pleaded and I gave him a nod forcing a little smile. If only he knows how hungry I am.

In a matter of seconds, we took hold of our gaming consoles ready to go head to head.

"If I win, what do I get in return?" He asked as he started beating me in the wrestling tournament we were playing.

"I'll let you kiss me." I suggested and gave him a wink.

"And if you win?" He continued.

"You cook dinner." I said in a duh tone.

"Whether I win or lose, I'm still cooking dinner either way." He said and started laughing which I joined in. One thing is sure, I'll have to lose this tournament on purpose just so I can secure that kiss.

"Easy win!" Dwayne yelled victoriously and I flicked my eyes close looking away and pretending to be angry with the fact that I lost the tournament.

"Time for me to claim my prize." Dwayne said and I finally turned round to face him with a smile on my face. I shut my eyes tight and slightly parted both lips bringing my face closer to his. Our faces were now so close that we were breathing each other's air.

With each passing second, my heartbeat increased as my little heart threatened to jump outta my chest any minute. I can't wait to taste those lips for the very first time.

I was met with sheer dissapointment when I felt his lips land on my left cheek. Wait, what?
I flipped my eyes open and caught him smiling sheepishly. He knew that I was dissapointed and might punch him on the face any second.

He started laughing as he stood up from where he was sitting and ran into the kitchen with me running after him. I can't believe that plan didn't work. What a flop! I think he knew that I'd planned for him to kiss me by losing the tournament on purpose. Well next time, he won't get off that easy. I promise!

"Stop running around before you fall down." He said holding me by the arm and stroking my hair to calm me down.

"You wouldn't have liked it if I kissed you because of some stupid tournament." He whispered softly in my ear and kissed my hair.

"Whatever! Let's just go get dinner ready. I'm so hungry that I can eat a horse." I joked as I gasped for air and he laughed so hard slapping his palm against the wall which he was holding for support. Sweet psycho!

Tuesday night....

"Ladies, meet our newest employee." Our manager said motioning to a chick that he came in with and she waved at us.

She's kinda sorta cute and looks like the newbie that she is. I liked her hair but her nails which were longer than Saweetie's was a huge thumbs down.

"Her name is Ashley and she'll be working with y'all on the same shift." He continued.

"Hollup, you mean she's sharing the stage with us." Erica queried raising her palm in the air.

"That's what I just said." The manager defended.

"Nah, you didn't exactly say that." Erica dragged on.

"What you said and what I said have the same meaning." He argued.

"I doubt that."

"Enough of it guys!" I yelled at the two of them and our manager who was about to say something else kept quiet.

"Thank you! So Ashley, have you been stripping before now?" I asked when they'd both calmed down.

"Yeah, I'm well acquainted with the job." She responded with a little voice.

"I'll let y'all get changed now. Show starts in twenty minutes." Our manager said and turned round walking out of the dressing room.

"Whew! When will you ever grow up?" I queried Erica with an eye roll.

"Never! The answer is never!" She exclaimed and walked off dramatically taking off her clothes.

"No,no,no,no! Wait a sec girl, this dude right here, is exclusive." I warned Ashley the new girl as she bent over twerking in front of Dwayne who was sitting in the VIP.

"Are you and I going to have problems?" She mustered courage to ask as I settled down on Dwayne's lap.

"Not unless you want a piece of Kiki's nasty temper." I clapped back in my signature sassy voice wrapping my arms around Dwayne's neck.

Her anger flared up as she eyed me from head to toe and stormed off angrily back to the main stage.

"She's new I guess?" Dwayne asked as I got up from his lap and sat down beside him on the two seater sofa.

"Yeah and she dares try to pick a fight with me on her first day." I said in a duh tone.

"You're jealous of the newbie ain't ya?" Dwayne asked with a smirk placing his palm on his chin.

"Why would I be jealous of her? Ain't nothing on her that I don't got times two." I spat out rolling my eyes non-stop.

"I see. What if I like her?" He asked with a smirk plastered on his face.

"I'd skin both of you alive." I replied angrily and stood up to leave him alone.

"Hey c'mon, take a seat, I ain't done yet." He said dragging me back by the arm.

"What plans have you got for my birthday?" I asked as I sat astride his laps.

"I won't tell." He said and dragged his thumb and index finger along his lips.

"Whatever." I replied casually as I grinded slowly on his legs along to the beat of the music.

"Kiki!" I heard someone yell and I turned round to see the manager standing a few feet away from our position.

"Any Problems?" I asked in a bit of a yell as he motioned with his left hand for me to come over.

"Come on. I wanna talk to you." He yelled back and I got up from Dwayne's legs and made to follow him.

"I'll see you in a bit D." I said giving him a peck on the cheek leaving a little lipstick mark on the spot before following a visibly frowning manager out of the section.

"Life's like high school. Some days you get bullied like a wuss, other days, you play the role of the bully either by force or by choice. That's the principle I live by." I told the manager maintaining a straight face as he just finished preaching to me about getting into fights with my coworkers.

"All I'm saying is that y'all girls gotta support each other." He finally concluded and walked out of the room heading back into the club and I smiled slyly at Ashley who appeared to be really vexed about the warning I'd given her earlier.

"Quiet a motivational speech you gave there B. I'm so touched." Erica joked placing her hand on her heart dramatically and we both started roaring with laughter leaving Ashley more confused and annoyed.

Since our shift was already over, we got changed and headed out of the dressing room. Erica leaving with her boyfriend as usual while I got back into the club to search for Dwayne.

To my surprise, he was nowhere to be found. Kinda weird! I tried calling him as I stepped outside the club but he wasn't picking up. I got into my car and drove back home so I could shower and get some sleep.
I'm sure he'll call me back when he can.

Read Episode 4 Here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-4/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 9:41pm On Apr 16
Episode 4

Unknown

Where have you been Travis? I checked your house last week and couldn't find you. You were absent from a meeting as crucial as last Friday's own. Is this how you're going to run the company?" My mum yelled angrily as soon as she set eyes on me.

"Oh for God's sake mum, would you just stop yelling at me please? I forgot the date. Thought it was next week." I said rubbing my eyes frustratedly as I walked into the room.

"But I have been texting you frequently to remind you." She kept going.

"I never read those messages mum." I said bluntly walking off towards the bar which was located at a far end of the spacious living room.

"When will you ever get serious Travis? We're working on something so big that could fetch us hundreds of millions." She said as she got to where I was now sitting in the bar.

"If Dad was still alive you know he wouldn't approve of this partnership deal." I complained sipping on the drink in my hand.

"Nonsense Travis, your father operated using Archaic principles which no longer apply in today's world." My mum ranted.

"But at least, he left us something. With the way things are going, we might just end up losing the company to Meyer." I injected rather bluntly and got up to leave.

"We're having the final meeting tomorrow morning and you have to be there Travis." She yelled as her voice resounded in the large sitting room.

"I'll be there mum." I yelled back jogging up the stairs.

Next morning...

A knock sounded on my door waking me up from sleep. I groaned angrily and walked to the door to see who was at my door so early. The face I saw made me wanna choke. I felt like slamming the door at her face.

It's my so called girlfriend Diane Meyer. Daughter of Jacob Meyer- my dad's longstanding business rival who suddenly decided to make peace with my dad a few months before his death.

My mum started her dealings with Meyer as soon as my dad passed away and together, they both arranged Diane to be my girlfriend. Honestly, I don't give two tosses about her as she keeps throwing herself at me.

"Good morning baby." Came her high pitched and annoying voice as she pushed the door wider and found her way into the room.

"What do you want Diane?" I asked yawning tiredly as she was already sitting with her legs crossed on my bed. She's got no chill.

"Your mum called me last night and told me you're back in town so I decided to come and see you. It's been two whole months since I last saw you Travis, where have you been?" She whined.

"You're sounding like my mum right now." I said taking off the pyjamas I was wearing leaving me only in my briefs.

"When did we last get down together baby?" She cooed jumping up from the bed and wrapping her arms around my neck.

Me and Diane did it once and it was clearly a mistake.

I pushed her away and stormed off into the bathroom where I had to shower. So irritating!

Thankfully, by the time I returned to the room, she was already gone to God knows where. I quickly dressed up and jogged down the stairs heading to the dining where my mum and Diane were already sitting.

As soon as we were done eating, me and my mum left for our meeting with Mr Meyer's company.

"Are you paying any attention Mr Givens?" Meyer asked reverting my attention to the meeting as I was busy typing on my phone totally forgetting the fact that I was in the middle of a meeting.

"Travis! What the heck is wrong with you?" My mum yelled walking over to my side of the conference table snatching the phone from my hand.

"Where were we?" I asked tiredly raising my brows.

Kiki

"C'mon girl, just chill will ya?" Erica said patting my back.

It's a Friday night and I've just finished my shift for tonight.

"What's up with you today B?" Erica asked sounding very worried.

"I'm okay Eri." I answered coldly.

"No you're not, you just slapped a customer. Who does that?" She clapped back.

"He tried to stick his fingers under my panties. That's outta bounds." I replied rolling my eyes.

"You kinda overreacted though. That's one of the hazards of the job. Wait, is this about Dwayne?" She queried cocking up her left brow.

"He's been gone for three whole days. He only typed 'hello' yesterday and hasn't said anything else since then. He's not taken my calls or returned them. Where could he be? And tomorrow is my birthday." I pouted almost crying.

"Calm down Kiki, he'll come back." She consoled rubbing my shoulder soothingly.

"Cheer up girl, It's your birthday." Erica yelled in my ear dancing and jumping in her seat.

It's currently my birthday and we're at the club where everyone has just raised a toast to me.

Flicking her a little smile, I kept playing with the glass of drink in my hand sighing repeatedly.

I was wearing the pair of Levi's and stilettos which my mum got for me as a birthday gift a couple weeks back.

My birthday feels incomplete without Dwayne by my side. I'm so freaking upset and sad.

I let out a long sigh as I placed the remnants of the birthday cake on the table and sat down tiredly on the couch. I struggled to raise my leg placing it on my knee trying to take off my shoes.

A small knock sounded on my door and I quickly took my eyes up to the wall clock. It's 11:17 in the night. Who could that be at this hour?

Taking out my gun from under the cushions of the couch, I quietly tiptoed towards the door and checked the window to see who it was.

Oh my God! It's Dwayne!! He's back!!! I quickly ran back and dropped the gun on the table before returning to the door to open it up after the second knock.

"Happy 25 Doll!" He Exclaimed smiling widely at me pointing a Chanel shopping bag at me.

"Where have you been?" I queried angrily folding my arms around my chest pretending to be so upset when deep down, I felt like jumping on him and kissing him all over.

"Don't be so hard on me now, gimme a hug." He said instead extending his arms for a hug.

"Not until you tell me where you've been for the past three days." I said folding my arms.

"Okay, fine, my mum was not feeling well and I had to go to Detroit to see her. It was urgent and I couldn't inform you about it earlier." He explained calmly.

"And you couldn't call or text?" I continued.

"I lost my phone. Just got a new one this morning." He replied even calmer than before pointing the new phone at me.

"I'm so sorry for going MIA on you Doll." He apologized placing his hand on his heart.

"How's your mum doing now?" I asked after letting out a long sigh.

"She's okay. Do you know how much I missed you?" He queried with a smirk.

"You don't say." I injected sounding unconcerned.

"Can I have my hug now?" He begged extending his arms and I walked tiredly to where he was and wrapped my arms around him.

"Now accept the birthday gift please?" He pleaded again and I collected the bag from him examining the contents. It was a long red dress with sequins and lace ruffles at the hem.

"It's so beautiful D. Thank youuuuu!" I sang and jumped on him excitedly.

"Chill baby girl, you deserve the best of errything." He responded with a chuckle.

"Hey, why you got a gun on your table?" Dwayne asked in bewilderment pointing at the gun on my table which he was just noticing.

"Self defense." I said with a shrug as I let go of him.

"You're one bad chick Doll." He said and sat down on the couch.

"Do you want some cake?" I asked pointing at the cake on the table.

"Are you asking?" He asked back laughing at me and also taking off his shoes.

I walked into the kitchen and returned with two wine glasses and a bottle of red wine.

"This is not how I planned for my birthday to look like Dwayne." I said slowly as I handed him a glass.

"I'll make it up to you Doll. I promise." He apologized again and I rolled my eyes at him as I took a sip of my drink.

"First step to making it up, you're sleeping over." I opined.

"Who said I was planning on going anywhere tonight?" He joked and chuckled softly.

Read Episode 5 Here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-5/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 9:33pm On Apr 17
Episode 5

Kiki

Tuesday night....

"I'm in a good mood tonight girlie and I don't want us to keep exchanging glares and bad language. So let's call it a truce. Partners?" I said referring to Ashley as I extended my hand for a handshake.

"Partners." She finally said after a little hesitation.

"Awwn, So sweet. Reminds me of when Dua Lipa sang 'kiss and make up' Erica squealed dramatically making air quotes.

"Really kiss and make up?" Ashley asked twisting her lips and she burst into laughter.

"What's making you feel like Santa Claus tonight?" Erica inquired as we returned our attention to the makeup mirror.

"I had an amazing weekend." I answered applying lipstick.

"Hmm, with D from D-town. Soon you'll be talking about the other D." She joked moving to the rhythm of the music banging loud from the club house.

"You say a lot of nonsense sometimes." I said with a chuckle shaking my head.

"Guess me and Rico Nasty are related somehow." She responded laughing and throwing a foundation brush at me which I didn't hesitate to throw back at her. So annoying!

"You're driving D." I yelled tossing the car keys at Dwayne who didn't come through to the club with his car.

"You got it." He said catching the keys with both hands.

"Impressive! Remind me why you didn't join the national football team again?" I queried furrowing my brows.

"I'm way too lit for that ish." He responded feeling himself as he got into the car starting up the engine. Pride!

"Your house or mine?" I asked as soon as we got on the road.

"Yours. Haven't been there in a minute." He answered stealing a quick glance at me before returning his focus to the road.

"My house it is then." I said and he increased the speed. I just pray we don't get pulled over for speeding. We'd get charged for drunk driving as well.

We came to a police check point a few blocks away from my house and like I expected, we got pulled over.

"Hey Gerald!" I greeted the officer as soon as the car came to a halt. He was a man in his late forties or early fifties.

"Hey Kiki what's up?" He replied as he flashed a light into the car.

"I'm okay. You missed my birthday party on Saturday." I responded in a tired sounding voice.

"My bad, I was on duty. Promise I'mma make it up to you on Friday." He said apologetically arranging my hair.

"You owe me a present and I still owe you that lap dance."

"Can't wait to come out and play!" He whispered with a naughty sounding chuckle.

"Send my love to Catherine." I yelled as Dwayne started up the car.

"And my love to your lover behind the wheel." He yelled back with a loud laugh.

"Who's Catherine?" Dwayne asked as soon as we drove past him.

"His wife." I replied and Dwayne immediately cocked up his eyebrow looking at me in Surprise.

"So you owe him a lap dance?" He continued as he parked the car in my driveway and stopped the engine.

"Yeah, what about it?" I said getting down from the car and shutting the door.

"Does that mean he's your customer too?" He added sounding ridiculous.

"What's with all the questions Dwayne?" I asked instead ignoring his question as I tried to open the door.

"That man is fifty something Kiki." He stated firmly.

"Not like he's the oldest man to get a free lap dance from me Dwayne." I answered dropping the keys on the table in the living room.

"Whatever!" He said in resignation.

A few minutes later......

"Door's unlocked!" I said in a bit of a yell as I heard Dwayne's voice on the other side of the door.

"Hey, thought you were done. I should prolly leave you to get dressed." He stuttered nervously as he found me sitting on a stool before my dressing mirror with just a short towel round my chest.

"Stay Dwayne. Ain't nothing much you haven't seen on my body anyway." I said getting up from my seat and walking towards him.

His eyes were totally glued to my body. Starting from my shapely legs to my half exposed thighs all the way up to my chest which didn't receive much cover from the poor little towel. I had him completely spell bound.

"I want you to stay." I whispered softly in his left ear wrapping my arms around his neck. He reciprocated by wrapping his arms around my waist. Now we're glued to each other like long lost lovers.

We brought our faces together as we both took synced and unsteady breaths. Before I knew what else was up, Dwayne placed his lips on mine claiming it for a kiss. Gosh!
My eyes widened in shock as I tried to comprehend the entire situation. My mind was urging me to push him away but my body was saying something different.

Shutting my eyes tight, I quickly gave in returning the kiss. Good Lord! This feels like heaven. I know we might regret this later but I'm gonna have to take the risk and live inside the moment.

Grabbing and clawing at his clothes, I wrapped my legs around his waist as he dominated the kiss which only kept getting better. I could feel the bulge which had risen in his pants. It's a good thing that I've turned him on.

The towel which was formally firmly round my chest was almost off. The only sounds in the room was our hollow moans and kissing sounds which only got louder.

"Stop! We shouldn't be doing this Kiki." Dwayne suddenly said as he disengaged from the kiss leaving me shocked and disappointed.

"What do you mean Dwayne?" I said as he slightly pushed me off of him making me feel rejected.

"We're gonna regret this in the morning Kiki. Good night." He said in what sounded like a whisper and opened the door to leave as he also did his best to conceal the bulge in his pants.

"Dwayne don't go." I screamed running down the stairs after him but he got to the front door faster and walked out yelling good night.

Gosh! If not for the fact that I was only clad in a little towel, I woulda run after him.

"He just walked out on me after that." I concluded and exhaled looking at Erica to say something in response.

"You can't have it both ways Kiki. You told him you don't want him and now you want him to stick around so you can mess with his emotions. Think it through Sweetie." She said slowly sounding serious about this matter for the very first time.

"I'm not messing with his emotions, I'm just realizing that I made a mistake rejecting him before now." I said honestly.

"You know it wouldn't hurt if you proposed instead. Something like; 'Dwayne, I like you. Will you be my boyfriend?" She said acting out everything she's saying.

"That's awkward Eri." I said shaking my head.

"But it's not impossible. There was a certain woman who proposed to a man in 1804 and guess what, she didn't die and he accepted her too." She joked and started laughing earning an eye roll from me.

I don't think I have enough courage to say that to Dwayne. I need to see him and fix the mess we've made so far.

It was seven in the evening and I pulled up in Dwayne's driveway. I'm here with the hopes of trying to smooth things over with him since we have not done much talking after the kiss.

His car was already parked in the driveway indicating that he's home. I knocked weakly on his front door for the second time and a very tired looking Dwayne opened up with his phone on his ear.

He held the door open wide for me to enter mouthing a 'hello' which I responded to with a small and nervous smile.

"Alright bye mum." He said and ended the call.

"Hey Doll what's up?" He asked scratching his head equally as confused, nervous and uneasy as I was.

"I'm okay. I came to talk about what happened on Tuesday night." I spoke slowly.

"Uhn... About that, I wanna say I'm sorry for walking out on you. It was wrong. And I'm sorry for kissing you, I broke rule number 1." He said placing his hands on his face in embarrassment.

I wish I could just tell him that it was not a mistake, that I enjoyed the kiss and wanted more.

"You don't need to apologise Dwayne. I put you in a bad position that night and I'm equally sorry. It's kinda like I'm messing with your head and heart and I don't want to be that person." I said tearfully. I was tearful because of how shy I am about my feelings for him.

"It's all good Doll. Let's just forget it ever happened." He resolved with a smile extending his arms for a hug.
I don't think I'll be able to just wake up and go around pretending like we didn't kiss and almost did stuff more than that.

"Was just bout to eat dinner. Wanna join in?" He asked stroking my hair.

"Yup, you know I'm a foodie, anytime, any day." I said forcing a little smile which he returned before standing up and dragging me by the arm to follow him to the kitchen.

Erica's going to taunt and tease me endlessly for not being able to make my feelings known to Dwayne.

Just as I was sitting down on the spare stool opposite Dwayne in the kitchen ready to dig into the delicious plate of noodles, my phone rang on the living room table and Dwayne offered to go and get it for me.

"Erica." He announced handing the phone to me.

"Thanks." I said in a whisper before clearing my throat and putting the phone to my ear.

After probing me a long line of questions which I did my best to answer without giving away what I was actually talking about, I finally dropped the phone back on the kitchen counter and continued with the delicious plate of food before me. I even finished mine and crossed over to Dwayne's plate which he had to leave for me to finish.

Friday night.....

"You're the best dancer on the planet." Gerald cheered as I kept twerking to the rhythm of the loud music banging in the clubhouse.

"And you are officer of the year even after your retirement." I teased and he started laughing so hard almost spilling his drink.

Just then, I could see from the distance; Dwayne walking in through the crowded entrance of the room. About time! I wonder what held him up.

He approached our position and said hi. Gerald remembered him from Tuesday night as they exchanged greetings while Dwayne kept giving me these looks that I didn't really understand.

I felt rather uncomfortable with the way he was looking at me and had to round up my session with Gerald. My shift wasn't over yet.

"Your birthday present as promised." Gerald said handing me a pretty little shopping bag and getting up to leave.

"Thanks a million Gerald, like I said, you remain officer of the year every year." I yelled over the ear splitting music and gave him a peck on the cheek before turning my attention to Dwayne who was now shooting me death glares.

Holdup, is he jealous or angry with the fact that I'm doing my job?

"What's up with you tonight?" I yelled as I got closer to him and he shook his head without saying anything. Well duh!

I sighted Erica and Ashley giving some gangsters a little show and I walked off towards them.

"See you in a minute D." I sang as I turned round heading towards that direction not waiting for a reply.

When I was done for the night, me and Erica went backstage to change up as usual. Looking inside the shopping bag which Gerald gave me and found a beautiful set of nails, lipstick and eyelashes which were so long that they could make you fly if you batted them fast enough.

As I got back into the club, I found Ashley talking to Dwayne. Wait, what?

Taking hurried steps, I approached them as my anger was so darn close to hitting the roof any second. I swear I'm gonna tear her to shreds.

Read Episode 6>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-6/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 6:11pm On Apr 21
Episode 6

Kiki

"What part of 'stay away from my man didn't you understand?' " I queried with my hands on my waist.

"You sound really ridiculous right now. I never saw a poster on his forehead indicating that he's your man Kiki. Quit tryna pick a fight with me because it's not going to work." Ashley clapped back at me.

Aw man, the audacity!!

I landed her a hot slap on the face and as I was about giving her a second slap, Dwayne intervened and grabbed me by the wrist.

"Calm down Kiki, you're going to embarrass yourself." He said calmly holding me tight.

As I was still trying to hear him out, Ashley seized me by the hair which hurt like hell. I forcefully pushed Dwayne aside and tried to free my hair from her grip. By now, a small crowd has gathered in a semi circle around us cheering us on as I shoved Ashley to the floor and sat on her punching her repeatedly messing up her face and hair.

Again, Dwayne lifted me off of her while I kept kicking the air trying to get free from his grip.

The bouncers have now arrived and tried to get the situation under control. The manager and the owner of the club also came in and directed us to follow them to the back of the club where we could sort things out.

"You caused this Dwayne." I yelled pointing my finger in his face.

"No you did because of your crazy jealousy." He yelled back.

"What the heck were you two talking about?" I ranted.

"Why don't you just ask her." He replied bluntly and settled down on a waiting chair in Larry's office where we were.

"Enough of the yelling now guys. Kiki and Ashley; you are both suspended until further notice." Larry spoke angrily and sternly.

"She should be the only one getting suspended because she first slapped me." Ashley cried and I eyed her from head to toe with utter disdain. Her face was full of bruises that might leave some scars. Duh!

"Enough of it y'all. You should be grateful that I'm not firing you instead." Larry said sounding even more upset.

"That'll be all for now." Larry finally said after a long and awkward quiet in the room. Dwayne was the first to storm out. Followed by Ashley before I finally decided to join them.

Outside...

"Dwayne! Dwayne wait up!!" I called running after him in the parking lot.

"What now Kiki?" He turned round and asked throwing his hands up and I looked down at the floor unable to say anything.

"Oh you thought I was about to ask her out? I'm not that cheap or stupid you know. I'm just sorely disappointed."

"Then why was she with you?" I yelled fighting back tears.

"She was the one who came asking for my phone number okay? Wait, why I'm I even explaining myself? I don't owe you any explanation Kiki. You can get back to flirting with those old men in there or something." He rapped angrily and walked away to his car leaving me speechless.

Gosh! I've messed up big time.

"I'm so mad that I missed all that action." Erica said as we exited the gym the next morning.

"You don't say." I answered without any shred of interest in my tone.

"I messed up Erica." I continued as I sat in the car.

"Nah, you messed her up. It's just unfortunate that Dwayne had to be dragged along in the senseless quarrel. You gotta talk to him and sort it out." She said calmly before returning to the energy drink she was taking.

"He's not been taking any of my calls or replying my texts." I whined.

"Why don't you just go to his house then?" She asked sounding a little bit annoyed with me.

"I don't think I can face him after last night."

"Why are you so timid and shy around this dude anyway? The Kiara I know is fierce, resilient and doesn't feel any iota of shyness around anyone but with Dwayne it's always about running away from your emotions because you're scared of speaking up or getting turned down." Erica yelled angrily.

"Alright, alright I'll talk to him mum" I said sarcastically and she only replied with an eye roll. Nasty attitude!

At Dwayne's place....

I landed a strong knock on the door and in a flash, the door creaked open and Dwayne's face peeped out.

"Good evening D." I said calmly with a little smile.

"C'mon in." He said completely ignoring my greetings.

"Dwayne I'm sorry for creating a scene last night, it was nothing to write home about. I know I'm not your girlfriend and I had no right to be mad or jealous because I saw you talking to someone else. I don't wanna lose you because of this madness Dwayne. Please forgive me." I apologized as hot crocodile tears flowed down my face ruining my makeup. I call em crocodile tears because I'm not sorry that I fought with Ashley.

"I'm not mad at you Kiki. What else do you wanna hear?" He responded coldly without sparing me a glance.

"At least look at me." I said standing up from where I was sitting and occupying the remaining space on the two-seater sofa he was sitting on.

"I know what you look like already Kiki." He said as he scanned my face for a second and looked away again.

I felt totally rejected and slowly, I got up from the sofa and walked towards the front door.

"Good night Dwayne." I said without looking back or expecting a response and walked out of the house. As soon as I got outside, real tears starting pouring down my face. I sat there in the car for several minutes bawling my eyes out and repeatedly hitting the steering wheel in annoyance.

I finally gathered enough strength to drive back home where I spent the rest of the night crying silently until I fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up with a migraine so bad that I felt like dying. It's prolly because of all the crying that I did last night. I struggled to get my eyes open but couldn't get them to adjust to the brightness of the room.

My head hurt like hell and I felt so weak and nauseated like I was going to throw up on my sheets as I struggled to sit up holding my forehead which banged with pain like it was getting repeatedly hit by a maul.

Gathering all the strength I had left, I held the walls for support until I got into my bathroom and took a pee. I couldn't find any aspirin in the cabinet so I decided to contact Erica so she could get me some.

After placing the call to Erica, I returned to the bathroom and showered with some hot water before returning to bed.

A few minutes later, my phone rang. It was Erica calling to let me know that she's outside waiting for me to come and open up for her.

I managed to get to the sitting room and open up for her. She looked really worried and breathed a huge sigh of relief when she saw me. She brought me some water from the fridge for me to take the aspirin with. I had a temperature as well thanks to crying all night long.

"Don't do this to yourself Kiki, no man is worth dying for." Erica said in pity after placing her hands on my forehead to feel my temperature.

"He's so mad at me Eri." I said in a frail voice.

"And so freaking what? You're better than this. C'mon where's the Kiki I know?" She said biting her lower lip.

"What if, what if I helped you get him back? But with a price of course." She suggested biting one of her long painted nails.

"Just name it Eri." I said eagerly and impatiently.

"Okay number one, you're gonna eat something first." She pointed out and I nodded waiting for her to say more.

"And number two, you're gonna tell him how you feel about him within a week or I'm gonna tell him myself."

"Deal!" I quickly replied with a nod.

"Good, let me make us breakfast first cause I'm starving." She yawned and walked off into the kitchen while I lay down on the couch to rest a bit till she's done with the cooking. I don't know how Erica's going to do it, but I'd be happy if she can make Dwayne to actually forgive me.

After struggling to eat the eggs she was able to prepare, Erica left for Dwayne's place. I knew for sure that he'd be at home since it's a Sunday.

About an hour after she left, I heard the sound of a car pull up outside in my driveway. Since the front door was unlocked, I turned on the couch fixing my eyes on the door which opened up and a very worried looking Dwayne followed by Erica who was smiling broadly at me.

"Hey Doll! How are you feeling?" Dwayne spoke as soon as he got to where I was lying down on the couch.

His countenance was rather sullen and his voice full of gloom.

"Not good D." I said batting my lashes like I was going to cry. So much drama! He squat down and placed his hands on my forehead feeling my temperature which was still a little bit high. His touch alone can make me feel better.

"Are you still mad at me Dwayne?" I asked as he sat down on one end of the couch and placed my head on his laps.

"No I'm not. I can't stay mad at you forever." He answered shaking his head.

"Alrighty then, I'll call to check on you later B but remember that you have just seven days and your starts now. Tick tock! tick tock!" Erica who has been quiet ever since she came in said lightly tapping her wrist with a finger.

"Thanks so much Eri." I said as she turned round dramatically grabbing the door handle.

"Don't mention. Remember tick tock!" She sang and walked out of the room.

"What does she mean by that?" Dwayne asked sounding lost.

"It's a girl thing. What did she tell you that made you come?" I asked diverting from the main question.

"That you got sick and needed me to come take care of you or something like that." He said rather casually with a little shrug. I have a feeling that he's not telling me everything that Erica said.

"You wanna eat something?" He asked stroking my hair calmly.

"Yeah, just make me anything you can." I said as he made me sit so he could get up and head to the kitchen.

Yessss!!! I've gotten my man back!! But there's still a little problem though- Erica's seven days ultimatum. How do I bring myself to tell him about my feelings? Gosh! I'm so dead for real.

Read Episode 7 here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-7/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 4:06pm On Apr 26
Episode 7

Kiki

"How were you able to convince him to follow you?" I queried Erica as I dropped my mug on the table.

"Nothing much, just that you were dying and needed him to come hear your last words." She said in a duh tone and I gave her a heavy punch on the shoulder earning a little yelp of pain.

"So have you told him?" Erica asked as she returned to taking a sip of her coffee.

"Not yet Eri." I replied rather passively.

"You have a few more days before I spill the beans to him by myself." She ranted as I kept raising my brows at her.

"I'll tell him tonight okay?" I said in defense.

"That's your choice B." Erica said taking a cookie.

"I saw Ashley today. She looked like a million bucks." She joked and threw the cookie at me.

"Obviously." I laughed clapping my hands.

"I'm gonna miss you on the pole tonight." She added and my mind flashed back to the fact that I was still on suspension.

"I'm gonna miss me too." I said with a scoff batting my lashes. My mind's not at rest.

"Hey Doll!" Dwayne greeted giving me a peck on the cheek as he walked into my living room.

"Good evening D." I also greeted with a little smile.

"How was work today?"

"Went well, how was your day?" He replied grabbing my lil waist.

"Was okay and boring. Also, remember that I've been suspended from work." I said faking a little frown.

"Oh my bad!" He whispered in my ear still grabbing my waist.

"I wanna tell you something D. Let's sit down first." I announced and he sat down on the sofa dragging me to sit beside him.

"Go ahead Doll I'm listening." He said after a little silence had set in.

"Well, I Uhm.., I'd be lying if I said that I have not been thinking about the kiss and uh hoping for a replay." I stuttered nervously rubbing my fingers.

"Oh that, me too Doll." He said smiling broadly.

"And not just that, over the past few months of our friendship, I've started developing a great deal of feelings for you Dwayne and I would be happy if you made me your girlfriend." I stated boldly looking him in the eye.

"Tell me you're joking." He said laughing so hard.

"I'm dead serious Dwayne." I said in a whisper.

"Thought you didn't do boyfriends ey?" He dragged on placing his hand on his chin.

"Why do you have to so unserious and annoying right now?" I said with a little frown.

Acting on my intuition, I grabbed his face with both hands and pressed my lips so hard against his and he responded immediately. I sat astride on his laps and this time around, I totally dominated the kiss.

I could feel the bulge again in his pants as he pressed his body against mine squeezing my backside.

Breaking the kiss for a minute to catch our breaths, he finally said;

"I'll be your boyfriend Doll." He said in a husky voice and Immediately claimed my lips for another breathtaking kiss as I clawed at his t-shirt trying to get it off.

"Let's go all the way." I whispered in his ear.

"Lemme lock the door first, hold that thought." He said and I reluctantly let him go lock the front door.

He returned from locking the door with a big fat grin on his face as I motioned for him to come closer with my fingers.

Dwayne carried me from the couch and jogged up the stairs kicking my bedroom door open with his right leg.

Dropping me on the bed he shut the door and took off his t-shirt before walking over to the bed.

"Good morning Doll." Dwayne greeted sweetly with a little smile as he walked into the bedroom carrying a tray full of food.

"Morning D. Is that breakfast?" I questioned stretching tiredly on the bed.

"Nah! It's lunch." He announced and my eyes widened in shock.

"C'mon I'm just fooling around with ya." He said with a chuckle and I breathed a sigh of relief.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's afternoon already cause of the marathon I ran with him last night.

"Get your butt up and eat something." He said slapping my backside.

"Ouch!" I winced pretending to be in pain while he kept smirking and arranging the stuff in the tray. I didn't waste much time in sitting up and joining him.

"Ain't you going to work today?" I asked between mouthfuls of the delicious eggs.

"I will after I finish breakfast with my new new chick." He said giving me a wink. Gosh! The butterflies in my stomach started flying in perfect formation as my heart skipped a beat and I couldn't help but smile shyly.

"I love you Dwayne." I declared for the very first time ever.

"I love you too Doll." He responded and brought his face closer for a kiss which I didn't hesitate to comply to.

In a matter of minutes, we finished breakfast and Dwayne cleared the table before heading back to his place to get ready for work.

I stood there before my mirror smiling sheepishly as thoughts of all we did last night kept replaying in my head. I can't believe I just asked a guy out for the first time ever. I have a boyfriend after about six years alone. Darn!

"So did you get to tell him last night?" Erica asked as I returned to the kitchen where she was sitting with the boiling hot box of pizza which the delivery man just dropped by.

"Well yeah I did." I replied a little bit passively as I was occupied with the pizza which I was trying to serve.

"Be serious for once B." Erica said snatching a slice of pizza from the box.

"I'm serious. I asked him out, he accepted and we even went as far as doing the nasty." I explained sticking my tongue out at the last part.

"What?" She finally said after a long loud yell.

"Would you just calm down. You're gonna make my neighbors report me for noise disturbances." I whisper yelled and she covered her mouth with both hands.

"Sorry B. You're fierce bebé! How'd you go about it?" She inquired and I filled her in on every single detail.

A few minutes after Erica had left, I called Dwayne but he wasn't picking up so I decided to drop by at his workshop before taking a stop at the grocery store so I could get some stuff for dinner.

When I got there, he wasn't in and the shop was locked too. I tried calling him again but he wasn't still picking up so I decided to go to the grocery store and get items for dinner instead. I was pretty worried about his whereabouts plus this isn't the first time this is happening. Could it be that his mom is sick again?

UNKNOWN:

Today I'm supposed to finalize the talks of our partnership deal with Meyer which I've not been able to come to terms with the fact that my mum is seriously pushing this deal.

I instructed my security guard who was sitting in the front seat of the car with the driver to do some research and dig up dirt on Meyer for me. Whatever it takes, I'm not going to let him control my father's company.

Also, I needed to get in touch with my haughty younger sister Nicole. She has a whooping twenty percent of the company's shares. If she will agree to sell those shares to me, I'm going to have the upper hand in this matter. The foolish girl was not picking up. I'll call her later.

For the sake of this matter, I'mma need to get back in good terms with Diane. Hopefully, she could tell me something that I need to know about her dad's dirty dealings.

"Hey baby girl." I greeted as soon as the call connected.

"Baby why are you doing this to me? You haven't been taking my calls or replying back to my text messages. Where are you?" Diane bemoaned on the other end of the phone.

"I'm sorry about my behavior babe. Let's meet at my place in an hour or so. I've missed you." I said bluntly and hung up the phone before dipping my hands in my pocket to confirm if the contraceptives were still intact. I need to get my hands dirty if I wanna win this.

Read Episode 8 Here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-8/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 4:16pm On Apr 28
Episode 8

UNKNOWN:

I woke up the next morning feeling very guilty as I looked at Diane who was sleeping peacefully in my arms. I messed up real bad. There's a girl who I love like my life depends on it and I've just cheated on her.

Freeing myself from her hold, I stood up scratching my head and walked straight into the bathroom with my phone hoping to get in contact with my main girl.

She picked up at the third ring sounding both upset and worried at the same time. Gosh! Girls can be a real pain in the neck.

After I'd finished up with the call, I hurriedly showered and dressed up sneaking out of the house undetected by Diane who was still sleeping prolly dreaming of all the sweet nothings that I'd told her last night. Right now, I need to get out of town and await for positive responses from both my security guard and Diane as well.

Kiki

I woke up at about eleven in the morning stretching tiredly on the bed.

My eyes widened in Surprise as I saw Dwayne sitting on a stool beside my bed watching me with a small smile on his face.

"Hey sleepy Doll." He greeted baring his sparkling white teeth.

"How'd you get inside?" I asked cluelessly.

"Front door. I got an extra key." He said raising a key in the air.

"I don't remember giving you an extra key to my house." I ranted.

"Well, I borrowed it from the bunch." He said with a shrug.

"You mean you stole it." I clapped back hitting him on the chest.

"How'd you get to Detroit so fast anyway?"

"I took a flight back and forth." He said proudly.

"You're kidding me right?" I asked in disbelief raising both brows.

"Real time serious." He responded with a smirk as he got up from the stool and climbed into the bed with me.

"So what were you doing there this time around?" I asked with a great deal of interest.

"Family business." He stated and I nodded losing interest in the topic instantly as he began kissing on my neck and turning me on. Gosh!

"Do you know how much I've always wanted to do this with you?" He asked in a whisper as he flipped me over getting on top.

"You don't say." I managed to voice out slowly in a moan.

Two weeks later......

"Girrrrrrrrl I'm so glad that you're back in action." Erica screamed ecstatically jumping up and down to the beat of the Chris Brown song which was banging loud from the clubhouse.

"Me too Darling." I yelled happily as I whipped out my phone to make a video for my Instagram.

In the middle of filming our dance video, the entrance door opened and Ashley walked into the room looking pretty morose. Urgh!

"Hey Ashley Sweetie, how was your time on hiatus?" I mocked with a little chuckle but she stood there unable to say anything.

"I think the cat got her tongue." Erica joked and we both started laughing.

"She reminds me of a Joyner Lucas song uhm...'pretty with a face full of scars and a..."

"Mouth full of cavities" Erica completed and we started up another round of laughter.

"I got plans for the both of you." She spat out angrily and stormed out of the room as we kept laughing.

"Need y'all onstage now!" Our manager screamed as he opened the door and popped his head in. Man's got zero chill.

"Just a sec." I replied applying some lipstick."

"Where's Ashley?" He asked as he walked into the room.

"I got no idea." Erica replied with a voice that depicted no iota of emotion as we both got out of the room heading out to the stage. I've missed the poles.

"Hey D! What took you so long to get here?" I yelled to Dwayne over the loud trap music as we disengaged from our kiss.

"Got held up by a customer plus, I took a cab down here." Dwayne said sounding really stressed out as he took a seat in the VIP.

"I'll see you later. Gotta get back to work now." I said and turned round walking out of the VIP shaking my hips to the beat.

"What up Sweetheart?" A dude who looked like some gangster hailed and took hold of my wrist dragging me back.

"Hey boo, care for a dance?" I offered and he smiled widely holding up two hundred dollar bills.

I got closer to him and he stuffed the money under the lacy bra that I was wearing.

As I danced for him, a little something in my head told me to look at Dwayne's direction in the VIP. I'm sure Dude's already at his boiling point but I paid no mind to that.

I rounded up for the night and returned to the dressing room where I changed back into the mini skirt and matching crop top I had worn earlier on and walked back into the club to meet with Dwayne.

"Someone wants to stay pretty for someone." Erica joked as we got back into the clubhouse and noticed that my makeup was still untouched.

"Mind your bidness B." I said sticking my tongue out at her.

After drinking some water, she bid me and Dwayne goodnight before leaving with her boyfriend.

"I don't like this dress." Dwayne said as he took a closer look at me.

"Why's that babe? What's wrong with my clothes?" I queried also taking another look at myself.

"Shows off too much skin." He declared.

"Seriously? I'm a stripper Dwayne. I mean you saw me minutes ago...

"Flirting with another guy in my presence. No qualms." He cut me off looking away. Gosh, this dude is just too jealous.

"I wasn't flirting with him D, I was only doing my job." I said pleadingly.

"Let's get out of here." He said coldly standing up and together, we walked out of the club hand in hand.

"You're my woman now Doll, and I'm a very jealous lover. I think it's time for you to quit this job." He said calmly and my eyes widened as perplexity set in immediately.

"You can't just tell me to quit my job Dwayne." I protested as he started up my car pulling out of the parking lot.

"This is my only means of survival Dwayne. I dropped outta highschool remember?" I ranted on.

"Then start a business." He chipped in.

"It sounds easy for you to say Dwayne but I don't got no skill, no educational qualifications and no business experience." I yelled like I was going to cry.

"For how long do you want to do this job uhn? Forever? Look, I can take care of you even if you don't wanna do anything else for life Doll. I just hate the fact that I gotta share you gangsters, thugs, old men and the likes of em." Dwayne preached on and I shut my eyes tight as I took in everything he was saying. This is why I didn't want to get in a relationship.

"I'll think about it D." I said conclusively and he kept quiet speeding up the car.

As soon as we got back home, me and Dwayne showered together before heading back downstairs to have dinner.

A few minutes into the meal, my phone rang and I discovered that it was Jason- Erica's boyfriend calling. Erica just developed some pretty bad rashes all over her face and has been rushed to the hospital.

Me and Dwayne quickly dumped the food we were eating and rushed over to the hospital.

By the time we got there, she was already asleep. Well, according to the doctor, it was some kind of allergy to some chemicals contained in her makeup.

He went on to explain that she hadn't been rushed earlier to the hospital then her face would have been permanently damaged for real.

That's ridiculous. We've been using the same makeup products for years now and nothing of such nature has ever happened. I'm gonna have to find out which of the cosmetics could have caused this.

This is so scary!

I left the hospital the next evening after Erica woke up and insisted on going home since her face was almost back to normal though it looked a little bit swollen with scratch marks from the excessive amount of scratching she did before being rushed to the hospital.

Getting back home at about seven in the evening, I found Dwayne who had left the hospital earlier in the morning busy cooking dinner prolly to bring to me in the hospital.

"Is that for me?" I said with a little smile pointing at the delicious looking chicken salad in a to go plate on the countertop.

"You wish! I got me a new chick in the ville." He smirked wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Bet she gon be ugly and scrawny." I mocked before claiming his lips for a kiss.

While we were still absorbed in the kiss, the sound of glass shattering on the left wing of the house forcing us to break the kiss.

"Did you hear that?" I queried in fright.

"Sure did." Dwayne replied and took out a knife from the rack while I ran to the living room and brought out my gun from under the couch where I usually hide it.

Read Episode 9 here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-9/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 6:32pm On Apr 30
Episode 9

Kiki

We silently crept out of the room and ran up the stairs heading into the bedroom locking the door from inside.

Dwayne dialled a call on his phone asking for some intervention.

As soon as he was done with the call, we heard footsteps approaching the stairs heading towards the bedroom.

I was so scared and held Dwayne tight as he stroked my hair trying to calm me down.

Dwayne quietly stood up and switched off the lights. Oops! Bad idea!!

The people on the other side of the door observed this and banged on the door trying to get inside.

I don't know what was happening on the other side of the door as I heard silenced gunshots followed by heavy thuds on the wooden floor.

"They're here." Dwayne said and got up from the bed that we were sitting on opening the door.

"Good evening sir." Five guys in suits chorused and Dwayne breathed a sigh of relief.

"Took you guys long enough to get here." Dwayne said nonchalantly and got closer to where the unknown men were lying on the floor groaning in pain.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" Dwayne asked placing his foot on the spot which was bleeding on his leg.

"She sent us to come and kill her." The guy said pointing at me.

"What? Who?" Me and Dwayne yelled simultaneously.

"Her name's Ashley." He said and Dwayne kicked him in the face and he spat out blood.

"Where's she?" Dwayne fired on but he shook his head.

"Take them away and take care of them." Dwayne ordered and the men in suits dragged them away.

"Noah and Tom should stay." Dwayne continued sounding really upset as he clenched his jaws repeatedly.

"Do you know where she lives?" Dwayne asked referring to me and I shook my head like a robot as I was still trying to process everything that just took place.

Who I'm I even dating? And why would Ashley send someone to kill me? And who are these guys that shot them? There's too many questions in my head right now.

"Get to the chutzpah, the manager will take you to her." Dwayne said in finality before the guys jogged down the stairs and out of the house.

"Are you okay?" Dwayne asked as he returned to the bed where I was still sitting with my hands on both knees.

"No I'm not okay Dwayne, someone just tried to have me murdered under my own roof and then some sorta super heroes suddenly intervene. I don't understand anything that's going on here." I said slowly shaking my head in dismay.

"Okay first of all, the 'super heroes' are paid contractors who do this type of jobs and they're always a few blocks away from where you and I are." He explained.

"You mean they've been following me?" I asked in Surprise.

"More like watching and protecting you. Remember those guys who tried to make a move on you in the parking lot the first night we met?" He queried and I nodded for him to keep talking.

"Well me and the guys taught them some really nice lessons after the pepper spray." He said sounding fulfilled.

"But why?" I asked as everything still seemed unclear to me.

"Because I love you Doll."

"No, not that,I mean I know that. But why you got these guys in the first place? Who or what are you running from?" I asked and he scratched his head indicating that he was actually hiding something from me.

"It's for protection and.." he made to reply but was cut off by the sound of his phone vibrating from his pocket.

"Yeah, okay." Was all he said as he ended the call and returned the phone in his pocket. At that point, I dared not ask him who was on the phone with him or to continue with whatever he was about to say.

"Let's go eat dinner first before anything else." He said taking me downstairs.

After dinner, one of the guys returned to the house so he could drive us to where they're holding Ashley. Gosh! These guys behave like the FBI! How on Earth did they capture her so quickly?

After a long drive downtown to where the others were waiting in what resembled an abandoned warehouse to me, I saw Ashley in hand cuffs. They didn't beat her up like I'd expected.

"I don't have much time to beat around the bush on this matter so I'm going to ask you all at once. Why'd you want to kill my girlfriend?" Dwayne barked angrily at Ashley who couldn't even look me in the eye.

"You could say I'm jealous of her but nah I'm mad at her." She responded without any remorse

"Mad enough to kill me?" I yelled angrily and rushed to pounce on her but Dwayne held me back whispering in my ear for me to calm down.

"How's Erica's face now? Pretty?" She said again and this time around, one of the men slapped her hard on the face shutting her up. Better!! could it be that she had something to do with the rashes on Erica's face?

"Take care of her." Dwayne ordered and led me out of the room.

"What are you going to do with her?" I asked in fear.

"Relax, I'm not going to kill her if that's what you are worried about. I got stuff worse than death for her." Dwayne assured me calmly and I didn't even realize when I'd let out a deep breath.

"Let's go home now and catch some sleep." He added soothingly with his hands over my shoulder and took me back outside to where the car was parked. I don't really care what he does to her as long as he ensures that I don't see her anymore.

😎 Unknown

Last night was a big night for me. Today, I got woken up from my sweet sleep by my sweetheart who wanted to inform me that my phone's been ringing like forever and I'm also running late for work.

"I'm up! I'm up!!" I yelled frantically like a mad man as I sat up on the soft and comfy bed while my girlfriend only shook her head walking out of the room.

"Hey Nic. Why are you calling me so early in the morning." I frabbed angrily on the phone as I realized who the caller is- my younger sister Nicole.

"We need to meet. You're still in Florida right?" She asked impatiently.

"Yeah what's wrong?" I asked with great concern.

"I'll tell you everything when I see you just gimme an exact location." She continued tiredly.

"I'm in Orlando. I'll text you an address where we can meet." I added removing the phone from my ear so I could check the time as she told me of her ETA.

"I'll see you in a bit Travie." She said and hung up.

"Beautiful morning to a beautiful woman." I said lightly tapping my girlfriend's butt.

"You're late for work already." She said instead as I buried my face in the crook of her neck.

"But that won't stop me from making us breakfast before I leave Doll."

"Just go to work D. I'll eat at Erica's place when I go to see her." She said lovingly.

"Sure thang." I said in a mumble as I busied myself with placing soft kisses on her neck.

Wanna know who I am? Then let's do a proper introduction. I'm Travis Givens. Son of late Daniel Givens who was a pillar in the automotive industry of Detroit. Givens Spares and Autos is the name of our company and my mom cheers the board as CEO until her retirement before I can take over.

Yes I am living under an assumed identity (Dwayne Martins) because I wanna see what life is like without the affluence and stuff.

My sister Nicole is the only one that knows about this whole issue because I trust her more than anyone else.

"Travie, long time no see. You even cut your hair. You look unrecognizable." Nicole said taking off her sunglasses and settling into the seat opposite mine.

"You look different too. Are the rumors of the plastic surgery true?" I asked as I took a closer look at her.

"Maybe, maybe not." She replied with a shrug smacking on her gum.

"Not bad at all. You're doing this for that rapper uhm.. what's his name again?" I said pretending to be thinking hard.

"Lil Xx" she confirmed my suspicions and I laughed so hard making her frown a bit.

"It's not funny you know? It was just a fling." She added as I kept laughing at her.

"You can laugh all you want but we're not so different you know. You ran away from home, faked your identity just so you could find some new fishes." She ranted raising both hands in the air.

"Alright, alright you got me. What brings you to The FL?" I asked as I stopped laughing and got serious.

"Mom is out buying Shares and offered me a large amount for mine." She announced leaving my mouth wide open in Surprise.

"And what did you tell her?" I asked almost in a yell.

"I'm never considering it Travie. Don't think I'm stupid cause I understand exactly what she's trying to do; to permanently outdo us and lay permanent hold of the business." She explained and I only nodded indicating that she was right and sensible for the first time in forever.

"I need to know why mum is doing this but I intend to find out. I've asked Rick to look into this matter on the side." I also said. Nicole has a whooping twenty five percent shares in the business while I have thirty percent and my mom and Meyer now have control over forty five percent.

"We need to stop them Travie. Just come up with a plan." Nicole stated plainly.

"And I will have to be in Detroit so I can get some information out of Diane." I suggested but then my mind flashed back to Kiki. I might have to cheat on her again. So help me God!

"Wanna see what my chick looks like?" I asked with a smirk.

"If you got it,it ain't a question." Nicole sang with a laugh and I whipped out my phone navigating through the photos app.

"This your new spec now? Wait, Is that butt natural?" She continued blabbing admiring Kiki's photos as she kept scrolling.

"She's beautiful right?" I asked already knowing what the answer is going to be.

"This chick is a thousand times better than Diane would ever be. Where'd you meet her?"

"None of your bidness girl." I responded with a little scoff.

"I'd pay a million to look like that Travie. Can I meet her?"

"Sure but not yet. She's gonna recognize you and everything goes south from there. I need to tell her about myself first before you can meet her."

"Fair enough brother. We need to find out what mom's motives are before we can plan and make our own move." She said putting on her sunglasses and getting up from her seat.

"I'm gonna see you soon." I said as I disengaged from the hug and watched her walk away to the waiting car before I turned round and walked back to where my own car was parked.

I got inside and dialled Rick's ( my security guard) number and what he had to tell me was too shocking for me to believe.

Read Episode 10 here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-10/
Re: When I Fell In Love (he's Not Who He Claimed To Be) by LipstickCrib(f): 6:55am
Episode 10

Kiki

"I was just too frightened to ask any more questions Eri." I told Erica as I finished narrating the story of all that took place last night to her. Her face was now almost back to normal except for the scratch marks.

"Right from day one, I never liked her remember? She was acting so shady like she a somebody." Erica said sounding really upset and I nodded affirming what she was saying.

As we were still speaking, my phone rang and I checked the caller ID which indicated that it was Dwayne calling and I picked up immediately.

"Hey D what's up?" I said as the call connected.

"It's all good Doll. Just wanted to check up on you. Still at Erica's place right?" He asked making my mouth widen in shock.

"How did you... Wait, those guys are still following me around right?" I ranted remembering that he got people tailing me.

"You already know." He responded with a little laugh.

"I'll see you later." He added.

"Alrighty bye. Love you!" I sang making Erica to frown a bit.

"Love you too Doll." He concluded and ended the call.

"You look jealous." I said sticking out my tongue at Erica who was giving these crazy looks.

"Like I ain't got a man." She joked rolling her eyes.

"So what you gon do about those guys following you around anyway?" She asked with great concern.

"Don't know yet." I responded cluelessly throwing my hands in the air.

"Maybe we should do a background check on this dude. Like what he running from in Detroit." She suggested with a shrug making a whole lot of sense.

"You're right, but how do we do that? We don't have any access to such resources." I countered.

"What about Gerald? I mean he's a police officer, he could assist us in doing the background check." She recommended and I smiled picking up my phone to call Gerald.

😉 Dwayne (Travis)

After I'd ended the call with Kiki, I got into the waiting jet heading back home to Detroit.

Rick had earlier informed me that he'd found some evidence that my dad was murdered. I needed to take a look at it personally and also use the opportunity to get some information out of Diane.

"Best dinner ever." Diane sang as we finished the expensive meal of seafood.

"Cheers." I said raising the glass of champagne for a toast. We clinked our glasses and I flashed her a one-sided smile as she took a sip of the drink which was laced with sedatives.

Taking my left hand down under the table, I caressed her hips as she smiled and took another sip of her drink gulping it down nervously. Good girl! She's gonna be a goner in a matter of minutes.

I noticed that she was getting light-headed as she started spewing a whole lot of nonsense. Just what I wanted! The soothing effect of me caressing her legs and the drugs soon took her to Dreamland. Since we were in the reserved area, no one else was here to see what was going down.

My security men carried her into one of the cars and we pulled out of the premises headed back to her house.

Her maids opened up for us and I headed straight to her room.

"Let's get dirty." Diane muttered in her sleep as I dropped her on the bed in the room. How disgusting! I scrunched up my face as I covered her up with a duvet and took her phone.

I used her left index finger and unlocked the phone heading straight to her mail and all of that private stuff. I transferred some of the useful files to my own phone. It was kinda dissapointing that I couldn't get access to her laptop since it needed facial recognition for it to be unlocked.

My phone soon started ringing and my eyes widened as I realized that I'd promised to see Kiki later tonight. I checked my watch and realized that it was almost nine. It's an approximately two hours flight all the way back to Orlando plus I wasn't really done with what I came here for today. Guess I'll have to come back tomorrow.

"Hey Doll." I greeted as I picked up before the last ring.

"Where you at?"Kiki asked with a yawn.

"On my way home, wanted to get some takeouts for us."

"Thought you said you don't do junk food." She said with a little chuckle.

"Wait till you see what I ordered." I defended.

"See you soon then. Byeeee." She said and hung up before I could even respond.

Taking a last look at Diane who was fast asleep in bed, I hurried out of the room heading out of the building. I needed to get to Orlando as quickly as possible.

We got back to the strip where my jet was already waiting and flew all the way back to The FL.

I stopped by a classy Chinese restaurant and got two plates of food before heading straight to her house. It was already a few minutes past twelve by the time I pulled in Kiki's driveway.

"The dialler reads three hours ago D." Kiki ranted huffing and puffing in annoyance.

"I'm sorry doll, I got held up by a customer." I lied hoping she was going to believe me.

She eyed me up and down suspiciously with her brows raised before lightly rolling her eyes and opening the door wider for me to enter. I know I suck at giving excuses but it's profound that she bought that crappy lie.

After dinner, we got in bed and did the nasty before going to sleep.

I woke up at about three in the morning and decided to go through the files that I'd hijacked from Diane's phone and the evidence that Rick had given me earlier in the day.

Most of what I saw in Diane's phone were photos of her and a guy that I've never met before. Judging from their WhatsApp chats and emails that I saw when I was with her phone, the guy is her brother.

Being a public figure, everyone knows that Diane is an only child. Her mother died after giving birth to her and her father has neither remarried or adopted a child. What I'm I even saying? Dude's her older brother.

I sent his photo to Rick on WhatsApp and told him to find out more information about this brother of hers.

Now on to the evidence that Rick had given me, it was details of the real cause of my dad's death which we knew nothing about. Before now, we were told that my dad had died from a rare type of diabetes but now, the files before me contained the autopsy report of what actually killed him - poison!!!

Ever since I was a kid, I don't remember my dad eating in a restaurant. He always ate at home and even when he travelled, he ensured that he took a cook along.

This means that he was poisoned at home or by his cook. Holdup, his cook resigned as soon as my dad died.

As I sat there connecting all of these dots, I felt like going crazy as so many questions rushed into my mind at once. Who the heck paid him to do this and why?

I'm gonna call Rick when the day breaks so he could help track this cook down.

💃 Kiki

I woke up the next morning and couldn't find Dwayne in bed with me. I stretched tiredly under the covers yawning loudly like I was about to swallow a cow.

As I was about to get out of bed, the bedroom door opened and Dwayne walked in with a tray full of food. Gosh, boy always bringing me breakfast in bed isn't that amazing?

He wore my flip flops and one of my oversized sweatpants with a big fat grin on his cute face.

"Good morning boy." I said sitting up properly.

"Morning baby doll." He responded setting the tray down.

"You look great wearing my clothes." I teased slapping his butt.

"Ouch! And you look better with nothing on." He whispered softly biting his lips.

"Bring your sexy body over here." I said dragging him to myself by the hand.

My back landed on the bed as he kissed me with so much passion.

"Breakfast is gonna get cold shawty." He said as he broke away from the kiss making me frown a bit.

I groaned in dismay as he got off me and sat down beside me on the bed. Gosh! Such yummy finger licking breakfast!😋

"Wanna go shopping for new clothes and stuff?" Dwayne asked and all I could do was force a smile as my mouth was filled with food.

"I'm always ready Dwayne." I finally replied bearing in mind that I don't have a job no more.

"Remind me to transfer some money to you so you can go get what you want. And take Erica along as well." He said before taking a sip of his coffee.

"I thought it was gonna be you and me." I said furrowing my brows at him.

"Nah, I hate shopping remember? He said and I burst into laughter. Dwayne generally hates going out to places where he's gonna meet a lot of people except it's a last resort. Erica could be right. Maybe he's actually got something he's running from.

Should I ask him why he left Detroit? Nah, that sounds tougher than asking him out.

"What's that?" He asked looking intently at me.

"Nothin." I said flicking him a little smile.

"But you're shaking your head."

"Uhm just thinking of what to get at the mall." I stuttered nervously.

We finished up with breakfast and Dwayne cleared the table before finally returning to his house to get ready for work as usual.

After Dwayne left, I got on the phone with Erica asking her to get ready for our shopping later in the day. Dwayne had given me a whopping ten thousand for the shopping. I'm gonna buy the whole mall today. Duh!

😉 Dwayne (Travis)

As soon as I left Kiki's house, I headed straight to mine and got dressed before driving to the airstrip where my jet was waiting for me as usual.

After we landed in Detroit, Rick was on hand to welcome me with even more shocking Revelations. Dear God!!

Read episode 11 here>>
https://beat.com.ng/when-i-fell-in-love-episode-11/

(1) (Reply)

Thirst! / Help Me Out On An Issue Fellow Writers / Develop Your Blogging Skills As An Intern Blogger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 352
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.